Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 12:47   #7381
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Just bought the Samsung Galaxy about 2 weeks back, turns out to be the i9100G version which i have no issues with but the problem is when i connected it to Kies which i downloaded from the Indian website & try to update my phone with the latest update it doesn't get completed & then when i downloaded Kies from the UK website & try to update it throws an error.
Is this cause the phone is G version?
The so-called KIES software from Samsung is full of bugs, even with update there is no improvement in the software. The issue might be with the KIES software and not your Phone. You can try upgrading from samsung service center.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 12:52   #7382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
The so-called KIES software from Samsung is full of bugs, even with update there is no improvement in the software. The issue might be with the KIES software and not your Phone. You can try upgrading from samsung service center.
Mine is now running on 2.3.4. Any idea whether the upgrade makes a major difference?
Old 17th January 2012, 13:08   #7383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I agree with your perspective too, But most of these stores Don't handle warranty issue directly.
They'll need you to contact local service center for Replacement.

Eg. A friend bought a netbook from LB, and charger was dead out of the box, it was a sealed package but such issues do happen.
He made a complaint and next day he visited the Samsung local service center with the bill and the charger was replaced instantly.
I'v been told by reliable sources that if the phone has issues in the 1st couple of days or so, you can take it back to the shop and they can do the replacement. Don't need to go to service center. Not all shops may be willing to do this, so it depends. This could be a big advantage for those strapped for time and if the service center is quite far from your home. For eg., last time I looked, Moto had only ONE service center in Poona.
Old 17th January 2012, 13:18   #7384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Mine is now running on 2.3.4. Any idea whether the upgrade makes a major difference?
No idea about galaxy series as I am using Samsung wave and KIES even troubles me to upgrade the firmware of my wave me at home wherein i have windows 7 ultimate edition OS. However, it works fine on Windows vista in my office so i upgrade it in my office in leisure time .
Old 17th January 2012, 13:59   #7385
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am not alone with the random reboots problem. Even on the flagship Google phone with ICS, users are experiencing it!

Owners report that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is plagued by random reboots

Has to be Google Software isint it? Galaxy Nexus is running stock ICS.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:05   #7386
BANNED

I do not use Kies. What is useful is just the USB Drivers, which can be downloaded from XDA,
Old 17th January 2012, 14:10   #7387
Senior - BHPian

Feel Free, It's Note! - Galaxy Note - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

Samsung Galaxy Note - Full phone specifications

Samsung Galaxy Note - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Samsung Galaxy Note review

Guys i thought it would be a good idea to have a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 I9220 thread to discuss the features, pros, cons, solutions, hands on ownership reviews/experience etc.. of this Android phone so that it can help the existing & prospective owners.

As of now i personally fall in the prospective buyers category and am looking forward to the feedback of existing Note owners and Android tech Gurus on our forum. I also urge the prospective buyers to raise their queries and concerns about the Note.

Guys i have just started a thread on the Samsung Galaxy Note....so i request the existing owners and Android tech gurus to provide their feedback. I also urge the prospective buyers to raise their queries and concerns about the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 I9220.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...d-android.html

Last edited by bblost : 15th February 2012 at 14:27. Reason: back 2 back posts. Thanks.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:30   #7388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk
Letsbuy has been excellent for me, should say it was best with those 10 - 15% coupons, but without it, I do postpone my online shopping, I will not buy from online store without it, I would look for reference to buy from a local store and I would find those price or atleast nearby
Agree with the discounting part. I also bought my Defy from letsbuy as I came across a very good coupon. Nearby shops were not coming down of 18000 price that they qouted at that time, where as through letabuy coupon, I got it for just 14777 including all. Thats a huge difference, thats why I took a risk, as it was my first ever online purchase, that too for such amount.
My shipment tracking was good, so was the packaging. It arrived within 4days. ( shipment was from Delhi to Thane-Mumbai). That time flipkart was having 17800 as best buy price for Defy.
Lets see when such coupons are available again...
Old 17th January 2012, 14:31   #7389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec
Guys i have just started a thread on the Samsung Galaxy Note....so i request the existing owners and Android tech gurus to provide their feedback. I also urge the prospective buyers to raise their queries and concerns about the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 I9220.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...d-android.html
I think that thread will be merged to this thread soon. There were earlier discussions on having different threads but mods made it clear that one Android thread is enough.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 15:59   #7390
BHPian

Re: The Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 I9220 Thread : Android

Do also check out the XDA-Developers section for the Note:
Samsung Galaxy Note - xda-developers

Lots of feedback (many from owners in India).
If one is comfortable with the size of the unit, I don't think there is a better android handset out there than this. One of the fastest processors, excellent Very high resolution screen, expandable memory, the list just goes on...

The only problem is that recently I saw someone holding the phone to their ear while talking, and it really did look huge.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:24   #7391
Senior - BHPian

One of our BHPians, I guess "Human Wheels" (or a similar name) has recently bought this. I have seen and handled it (Read played angry birds on it).

It is big. But its very fast. And GUI is awesome.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:13   #7392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
The only problem is that recently I saw someone holding the phone to their ear while talking, and it really did look huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
It is big. But its very fast. And GUI is awesome.
Yes the size is a very important point and that is exactly where i am looking for feedback from members who own the Note because only ownership and daily use can actually answer that question.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:06   #7393
Senior - BHPian

Well face it most of the time you will use this phone with a bluetooth.
Also make sure that you check out the handsfree which comes with it. It does not have that Nokia kind of square controller where there is provision to change music tracks etc.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:13   #7394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Well face it most of the time you will use this phone with a bluetooth.
Also make sure that you check out the handsfree which comes with it. It does not have that Nokia kind of square controller where there is provision to change music tracks etc.

Well i dont think i am going to use the bluetooth or the handsfree either.

But i am concerned about the size from the pov of it being pocket-able and being convenient to carry around.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:15   #7395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Well i dont think i am going to use the bluetooth or the handsfree either.

But i am concerned about the size from the pov of it being pocket-able and being convenient to carry around.
If you wear trousers you can. Jeans? Forget it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks