Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 20:24   #7501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil
Guys who brought from sulekha, could you review the service?

Sulekha is now offering additional 1450 off for bsnl/airtel customers, so I am getting note for a cool 28570. I will order it accordingly as per your reviews!
Well dont expect any service....u will get the product in about 7days

Order tracking is bad and so is the call centr
Old 24th January 2012, 20:45   #7502
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Sulekha is now offering additional 1450 off for bsnl/airtel customers
Could you throw more light on that please ?
Old 24th January 2012, 21:04   #7503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Could you throw more light on that please ?
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc.

The details are there on the site. If you have an airtel number, you just need to enter the same and click verify and they will send a verification code to your phone, and if you u use the verification code you will get a discount code. visit the site to get a feel.

Last edited by anilisanil : 24th January 2012 at 21:26.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 21:09   #7504
BHPian

^^ Anil, I was actually asking about the additional discount of 1450 for airtel customers
Old 24th January 2012, 22:02   #7505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
^^ Anil, I was actually asking about the additional discount of 1450 for airtel customers
I stand corrected- It is either of the discounts, either 1300 cash back OR 1450 for airtel/bsnl customers of south india. :( not both!! so i get it for 29849/-
Old 24th January 2012, 22:18   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc..
They have a very poor rating on mouthshut. Also there are other blogs which specifically talk about how poor Sulekha are! They are like rediff/ebay. They dont sell themselves (unlike letsbuy/flipkart). Other sellers sell thru them but they do not have any money protection program (unlike say, ebay). And they have non-existent customer service.

I'd stay away from such sites.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 23:25   #7507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a phone from Sulekha earlier this month. The price difference was 1100 between Sulekha and Flipkart and hence I decided to give it a try. The shipping date was given as some 6 days from the date of purchase and there was no update for those 6 days. On the 6th day, the shipping details were updated on to their system and since the item was shipped locally, I got it delivered the same day. So I would give 5 stars for Sulekha.
Old 25th January 2012, 01:07   #7508
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sunday, amazing phone, do let me know in case anyone needs any specific information.

Ravi
Old 25th January 2012, 07:58   #7509
BHPian

Quick question.

1. My i9000's battery level dropped from 100% to 51% overnight despite being turned off. The weird crack in the wave that you'll see in the screenshot is the drop. I'm quite sure that the problem is with the phone because the battery level is intact if I keep the battery out after charging it.

2. This phone works fine in 3g mode but never in 2g. It wouldn't connect to the network when I set it to GSM.

Anyone else with the same problems ?
Attached Images

Old 25th January 2012, 08:55   #7510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Quick question.

1. My i9000's battery level dropped from 100% to 51% overnight despite being turned off. The weird crack in the wave that you'll see in the screenshot is the drop. I'm quite sure that the problem is with the phone because the battery level is intact if I keep the battery out after charging it.

2. This phone works fine in 3g mode but never in 2g. It wouldn't connect to the network when I set it to GSM.

Anyone else with the same problems ?
Such drops usually indicate that the battery is near its end of life. Check if the battery has bulged slightly. how old is your phone ?

No clue on the 2g isssue.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:37   #7511
Senior - BHPian

Running Defy @ 1.1GHZ with Android 4.01 MIUI build 1.12.16 ICS - No issues so far and battery temp hovers between 32 to 40 deg C in Chennai.

Battery lasts around 24 to 36 hours based on usage pattern!
Old 25th January 2012, 09:45   #7512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Such drops usually indicate that the battery is near its end of life. Check if the battery has bulged slightly. how old is your phone ?

No clue on the 2g isssue.
The phone is 16 months old but the battery is brand new(12 days old). Even otherwise, the battery level does not drop if kept out of the phone after charging, meaning that the problem is with the phone.

Eitherway, I'm going to the Samsung service centre today. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. Considering that replacing is easier than repair, I'm quite sure the service centre people would ask me to get a new motherboard or something related. Not something I'm looking forward to, especially since the phone is out of warranty.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:52   #7513
Senior - BHPian

For guys looking forward to S3, more rumours:

Quote:
The MWC is fast approaching and one of the main reasons for us to expect it so eagerly is the announcement of the next Samsung flagship. The Galaxy S III has some huge shoes to fill, but if those latest rumors are to be believed, it might just have what it takes.

The rumors come from Eldar Murtazin, who hasn't had the most accurate series of predictions lately, but who we are willing to believe now as he claims he has played with the smartphone already. So, according to the Russian, the Samsung Galaxy S III will indeed be unveiled at the MWC and will go on sale in April, exactly a year after its predecessor.

The Samsung Galaxy S III will, reportedly, come with an HD resolution screen (of larger size, we assume), a 12 megapixel camera and a quad-core CPU, running at 1.5-1.6 GHz. The beast will be running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and, according to Mr. Murtazin its two extra cores will be more than just PR materials - the smartphone feels really fast.
Source:
Galaxy S III to hit shelves in April with 12 MP camera and HD screen - GSMArena.com news
Old 25th January 2012, 10:22   #7514
Senior - BHPian

5+ Star - Samsung Product Pricing
5 Star - Product Condition
1 Star - Customer Service and Website Tracking (am giving it that 1 also only because the call center answers your phone within a minute)

Quote:
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc.

The details are there on the site. If you have an airtel number, you just need to enter the same and click verify and they will send a verification code to your phone, and if you u use the verification code you will get a discount code. visit the site to get a feel.
I ordered the Note on 19th Jan and received it on 23rd...during this period they told me only one thing "your product will be shipped latest by 25th".

23rd morning the status changes to "Read to Ship", i followed up the entire day since the website was down and they said - "your product will be shipped latest by 25th"

In fact i dint know that the phone was already delivered and i called them on 23rd evening on my way home and they said - "your product will be shipped latest by 25th".

I reach home with no expectation to find the phone on my table ...yes it was delivered in perfect condition but without the flip cover (for which they are providing a refund if you like)...just this morning i got an sms saying that my product has been shipped

Quote:
I stand corrected- It is either of the discounts, either 1300 cash back OR 1450 for airtel/bsnl customers of south india. :( not both!! so i get it for 29849/-
Yeah, thanks for clarifying. i also tried using both but dint work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I bought a phone from Sulekha earlier this month. The price difference was 1100 between Sulekha and Flipkart and hence I decided to give it a try. The shipping date was given as some 6 days from the date of purchase and there was no update for those 6 days. On the 6th day, the shipping details were updated on to their system and since the item was shipped locally, I got it delivered the same day. So I would give 5 stars for Sulekha.
Yeah though committing a shipping date 6days form the order date is way below the industry standard i did get the product 2 days before the committed shipping date.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:23   #7515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
The phone is 16 months old but the battery is brand new(12 days old). Even otherwise, the battery level does not drop if kept out of the phone after charging, meaning that the problem is with the phone.

Eitherway, I'm going to the Samsung service centre today. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. Considering that replacing is easier than repair, I'm quite sure the service centre people would ask me to get a new motherboard or something related. Not something I'm looking forward to, especially since the phone is out of warranty.
Then i think it is better to wait for few charge and discharge cycles. Battery issue and somehow related to the phone ? How ? Did you try the usual factory reset and other stuff ?

My i9003 is 10 months old, it takes time to reach 100%. As soon as i disconnect it from the charger within 1 hr, the phone reaches 90% and from there it seems to hold the charge well. I am already starting to think my battery is giving up. Any idea what is the warranty on the battery ? Is it 6months or 1yr ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks