Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 10:10   #7366
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Guys where to get the best price for the sony ericsson neo v and the galaxy r?

Try flipkart or letsbuy. Sun Times near 4th T-block Jayanagar. Not very far from La Casa.

Last edited by chetan : 16th January 2012 at 10:11.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:10   #7367
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys i have sold my blackberry and am now looking at buying a new phone...so which Android do you suggest? Budget is not a major constraint. But resale value is for sure.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:15   #7368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Budget is not a major constraint. But resale value is for sure.
Till maruti or hyundai comes out with a phone, that term does not exist for practical purposes. sorry sir.

Old 16th January 2012, 12:29   #7369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Till maruti or hyundai comes out with a phone, that term does not exist for practical purposes. sorry sir.

lol..i know was just trying my luck. i hate the iphone 4 somehow but apple products seem to get you a good resale even when they are outdated.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:50   #7370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Try flipkart or letsbuy. Sun Times near 4th T-block Jayanagar. Not very far from La Casa.
Flipkart or Letsbuy for good price?? No way mate! Flipkart is great (with replacement guarantee & all) but pricy. Letsbuy is not great and yet currently pricy (unless you somehow have an appreciable discount coupon. 5% not good enuf). Try Buytheprice, eBay, Homeshop18, etc.

Last edited by Raccoon : 16th January 2012 at 13:52.
Old 16th January 2012, 19:52   #7371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Flipkart or Letsbuy for good price?? No way mate! Flipkart is great (with replacement guarantee & all) but pricy. Letsbuy is not great and yet currently pricy (unless you somehow have an appreciable discount coupon. 5% not good enuf). Try Buytheprice, eBay, Homeshop18, etc.
Agree on the Flipkart part. Of late, they have stopped being the ones providing the best prices. Letsbuy is still cheaper though their service isint at par with Flipkart (esp if the product you buy turns out to have any issues - first hand experience with that)
Old 16th January 2012, 22:22   #7372
BHPian

^^ How is Adexmart ? Is it comparable with Flipkart and Letsbuy ?
Old 17th January 2012, 00:57   #7373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Agree on the Flipkart part. Of late, they have stopped being the ones providing the best prices. Letsbuy is still cheaper though their service isint at par with Flipkart (esp if the product you buy turns out to have any issues - first hand experience with that)
Guess they can afford to do that because they have built up quite a reputation. Recently, I found that a friend used to purchase stuff from them even without bothering to compare prices. What was more interesting that he didn't even know that there were other worthwhile sites buying from. When I pointed out some, and he compared prices, he got some good shock treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
^^ How is Adexmart ? Is it comparable with Flipkart and Letsbuy ?
Going by reviews its not so good. No personal experience though. In any case, if you disregard the price, nothing currently compares with Flipkart. Other things aside, who gives 30 days replacement guarantee, even takes care of Octroi and has that kind of customer service and website?
Old 17th January 2012, 01:44   #7374
BHPian

Quote:
Guess they can afford to do that because they have built up quite a reputation. Recently, I found that a friend used to purchase stuff from them even without bothering to compare prices. What was more interesting that he didn't even know that there were other worthwhile sites buying from. When I pointed out some, and he compared prices, he got some good shock treatment.

Going by reviews its not so good. No personal experience though. In any case, if you disregard the price, nothing currently compares with Flipkart. Other things aside, who gives 30 days replacement guarantee, even takes care of Octroi and has that kind of customer service and website?
Seems you wrote what had happened with myself and this was in mind to share.
I agree, flipkart is little expensive, atleast for people like me, or for those who spend lot of time on computers and least interested in doing physical reviews of products in showrooms.
BUT, people who have busy schedules, have desire to spend but least available time to go shopping offline, flipkart does wonder for them.

A corporate friend of mine, sent few home appliances and goodies to his wife and she was pleased to have them delivered intact, she in return ordered a PS3 for him, as he always wanted it but never had time to buy or play.
so for people who want quality but no fuss, flipkart works very cool even at that little expensive price.

But at certain age/ income level one would dig hell out of internet before they place the actual order.

Letsbuy has been excellent for me, should say it was best with those 10 - 15% coupons, but without it, I do postpone my online shopping, I will not buy from online store without it, I would look for reference to buy from a local store and I would find those price or atleast nearby.

The amount of profit these online stores manages even after 10% or even 15% off is still huge, they could expand a lot with volume, popularity but they seem to give preference to profits currently.

I even heard one of these known, popular, online stores recently hired someone at highest package in some institute, so with 5x L going to salary will certainly need Discounts to be slim for customers.

Let stores like wallmart and other MNC get started, current stores will open old orderbooks and will call and beg old customers to buy from them.

They should have spoiled the online buyers with discounts rather than doing things which would help scare away a common Indian from Buying online.

Edit: Haven't seen a TV commercial for letsbuy( don't know if it even exists), however flipkart certainly needs to grow up and make some commercials featuring adults, Those kids are not making a impact on first time future shoppers who have debit cards in pocket but needs to be pushed with creativity.

Last edited by ghpk : 17th January 2012 at 01:52.
Old 17th January 2012, 02:10   #7375
Senior - BHPian

^^^Well put. As for me, I don't know about their business model or priorities. I'd buy after considering what I'd call the price to service ratio. Actually, the only reason I'd take the "risk" of buying online is if the price is lower than what I can find in local shops. If anybody buys from sites like Letsbuy if they are selling at the same price as a physical shop (or even Flipkart for that matter), then I'd just say its a pretty sad bargain. In the end, nothing like buying from a physical shop, if price is the same. If there is any issue, one can just go personally and sort it out immediately. Like for eg. I'd bought a phone and the charger was dead out of the box. If I had bought online, and even if the service was as good as Flipkart, I'd have to wait days until they do a reverse pick-up and then ship a replacement. At the shop, I got an immediate replacement. With Letsbuy things could take much longer and become stickier. However, on the other hand, Flipkart's 30 day replacement guarantee on the whole thing may yet tip the scales in their favor. Customers would do well to consider all the pros and cons before deciding.

+1 about Flipkart's boring and uncreative commercials. Actually, I'd so much like them to stop spending on them and instead offer more competitive prices, in the absence of which, I'd just take my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th January 2012 at 02:14.
Old 17th January 2012, 09:07   #7376
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Ok guys i have sold my blackberry and am now looking at buying a new phone...so which Android do you suggest? Budget is not a major constraint. But resale value is for sure.
Forget it. You will be lucky to get 33%-50% after a year.
Old 17th January 2012, 09:56   #7377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Forget it. You will be lucky to get 33%-50% after a year.
sir. The only time you'll get good resale for a mobile or any other gadget is when it becomes an antique piece So forget resale. Agreed on the apple part though.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:11   #7378
BHPian

Just bought the Samsung Galaxy about 2 weeks back, turns out to be the i9100G version which i have no issues with but the problem is when i connected it to Kies which i downloaded from the Indian website & try to update my phone with the latest update it doesn't get completed & then when i downloaded Kies from the UK website & try to update it throws an error.
Is this cause the phone is G version?
Old 17th January 2012, 11:52   #7379
BHPian

Quote:
eg. I'd bought a phone and the charger was dead out of the box. If I had bought online, and even if the service was as good as Flipkart, I'd have to wait days until they do a reverse pick-up and then ship a replacement. At the shop, I got an immediate replacement. With Letsbuy things could take much longer and become stickier. However, on the other hand, Flipkart's 30 day replacement guarantee on the whole thing may yet tip the scales in their favor. Customers would do well to consider all the pros and cons before deciding.
I agree with your perspective too, But most of these stores Don't handle warranty issue directly.
They'll need you to contact local service center for Replacement.

Eg. A friend bought a netbook from LB, and charger was dead out of the box, it was a sealed package but such issues do happen.
He made a complaint and next day he visited the Samsung local service center with the bill and the charger was replaced instantly.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:02   #7380
BHPian

Dear Bhpian Gurus of ROOTING ( or any other T-Bhp mate who may help)

Please share the step wise method how to root and install android honeycomb 3.2.
I am having iberry BT10 (android 2.3 presently) and would very much like to root this tablet.

thanks in advance
Cheers
P.s I inadvertently posted a similar query in tablet thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks