Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 12:02   #7231
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Somebody using exchange active sync on androids, please help.
I am having this issue. If I read a mail on my cell, its getting flagged as read on PC after few moments. No problem here.
But if I read something on my PC, the unread notification doesn't go from my cell. But If I open the mail application, I can see that the mail which I read on PC is marked read on cell too and the notification goes away even if I doesn't open the mail on my cell. I am pretty sure the mail application is not syncing every time I open it.
Old 4th January 2012, 13:58   #7232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post

For me the looks, cam and notification LED (a must for me) was the deal breaker and gifted myself a Xperia Neo for 17K. Its a 1GHz single core and 8MP.
Did you buy Neo with 8mp or Neo V with 5mp for 17K. I am sure Neo with 8mp is not available in India, did you ordered it online ?
Old 4th January 2012, 14:07   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Did you buy Neo with 8mp or Neo V with 5mp for 17K. I am sure Neo with 8mp is not available in India, did you ordered it online ?
Yes, I bought Neo and not Neo V. Yes, fetched it from eBay The listing was for 17.7K with dealer warranty of one year. 17K after applying some coupon
Old 4th January 2012, 14:59   #7234
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest Optimus 2X for the hardware spec. Dual core and 8MP cam. Its selling around 20K. Also, supposed to get ICS update.
Galaxy R is the closest in hardware spec selling around 19.5K. Dual core and 5MP cam.
Any of the above will satisfy the enthusiast in you.

To be frank, I am not with the "flat" look of both these. For those curvy designs, SE still leads When I was running around finding my android I shortlisted Galaxy R and SE Xperia Neo. For me the looks, cam and notification LED (a must for me) was the deal breaker and gifted myself a Xperia Neo for 17K. Its a 1GHz single core and 8MP.

No where near the above ones in hardware spec, but if you're looking at a rugged built have a look at Defy Plus. Its selling around 17K
Do they sell neo here?Everywhere i go they only have neo v.Even im bent towards the curvy design side.How is the neo by the way?
Old 4th January 2012, 15:24   #7235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Do they sell neo here?Everywhere i go they only have neo v.Even im bent towards the curvy design side.How is the neo by the way?
No, they don't sell Neo here in India, only Neo V is available. I took it from eBay. I needed the 8MP as I am a hobby shooter too. And trust me, mobile cam comes to rescue when some unplanned frames come to you

Neo is treating me well for the past 2 months. I have rooted and get rid of all those SE bloat ware and Neo's working flawlessly. Between, my usage is average. This is what I do on Neo on a daily basis

1) Full time exchange active sync (I get around 40-50 mails on my corporate account)
2) Voice calls, may be 1 hour on an average daily.
3) Whatsapp, FB online 24/7
4) WiFi connected when am home.
5) Some occassional NFS or angry birds (Am still a kiddo by mind )
6) Playing around the android market as and when I get time.
7) No Gmail sync.

With this kinda usage, am getting 1.5 days of battery life. Added to that the curvy design and being a SE fan boy, am completely satisfied. Only worry from my side is lesser internal memory. But with App2SD and Link2SD, that too is fixed.
Overall am happy with the device.

And the news that SE ICS update is on its way is icing on the cake.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 4th January 2012 at 15:26.
Old 4th January 2012, 18:08   #7236
BHPian

Quote:
No, they don't sell Neo here in India, only Neo V is available. I took it from eBay. I needed the 8MP as I am a hobby shooter too. And trust me, mobile cam comes to rescue when some unplanned frames come to you

Neo is treating me well for the past 2 months. I have rooted and get rid of all those SE bloat ware and Neo's working flawlessly. Between, my usage is average. This is what I do on Neo on a daily basis

1) Full time exchange active sync (I get around 40-50 mails on my corporate account)
2) Voice calls, may be 1 hour on an average daily.
3) Whatsapp, FB online 24/7
4) WiFi connected when am home.
5) Some occassional NFS or angry birds (Am still a kiddo by mind )
6) Playing around the android market as and when I get time.
7) No Gmail sync.

With this kinda usage, am getting 1.5 days of battery life. Added to that the curvy design and being a SE fan boy, am completely satisfied. Only worry from my side is lesser internal memory. But with App2SD and Link2SD, that too is fixed.
Overall am happy with the device.

And the news that SE ICS update is on its way is icing on the cake.
Thanks for your input.Im not that keen on 8mp camera.So should i settle for neo v?Or is galaxy r worth the 3k more?
Old 4th January 2012, 21:49   #7237
BHPian

New to android, can anyone suggest couple of phone models that support 3G video calling?
Old 4th January 2012, 21:55   #7238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
New to android, can anyone suggest couple of phone models that support 3G video calling?
I guess anything that has a secondary camera at the front should support 3G video calling. There are many phones having this, so maybe you could tell the budget in order to suggest you some particular model?
Old 4th January 2012, 22:32   #7239
BHPian

People who loose their smartphones very often, Here's a device for you.

ZOMM - Wireless Leash Plus - Official Site

P.S- I'm in no way associated with that website.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:43   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I guess anything that has a secondary camera at the front should support 3G video calling. There are many phones having this, so maybe you could tell the budget in order to suggest you some particular model?
@Prateekm: Check out this post few pages back which confirms that 3G video calling is only available on high-end phones.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2523605

Looks like only S2 and Note are capable of 3G video calling.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:47   #7241
BHPian

Quote:
I think any phone which supports 3G and has a front facing camera will support this functionality as rightly pointed above. Now a days any phone above 15k has a front facing camera and I think they will surely support video calling. BTW have you tried using it earlier? 3G video calling is still to take off as 3G rates are still very high. If 3G prices decline I am sure video calling will increase - seems like a very interesting feature to use.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:54   #7242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I think any phone which supports 3G and has a front facing camera will support this functionality as rightly pointed above. Now a days any phone above 15k has a front facing camera and I think they will surely support video calling. BTW have you tried using it earlier? 3G video calling is still to take off as 3G rates are still very high. If 3G prices decline I am sure video calling will increase - seems like a very interesting feature to use.
@Saanil: I using blackberry as of now which does not support video calls at all.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:04   #7243
BHPian

Quote:
@Saanil: I using blackberry as of now which does not support video calls at all.
Kindly mention your budget and requirements. There are tons of Android phones out there which cater to different needs. I can see that Video calling is one requirement of yours. Any other things you want in your phone? Which blackberry model are you using currently?
Old 5th January 2012, 09:10   #7244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Thanks for your input.Im not that keen on 8mp camera.So should i settle for neo v?Or is galaxy r worth the 3k more?
Barring the 8MP cam Neo and Neo V are one and the same I guess the difference is more than 3K. Neo V is selling for 15.4K on eBay with warranty and GalaxyR for 19.9K. So the difference there comes to around 4.5K. Galaxy R is much better in HW specs, but I would go for Neo V for its curvy nature and SE cam reliability

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 5th January 2012 at 09:17.
Old 5th January 2012, 09:15   #7245
BHPian

Quote:
I think we need bit more clarification. If you want Skype like video calling, any android with a front cam will support that. But if your requirement is traditional 3G video call, not many androids support that as of today. All the ones in Samsung Galaxy series with front cam supports traditional 3G video calling. But for eg. Xperia Neo V has a front cam but doesn't have the option to do traditional 3G video calling, but can do skype video calling with the front cam. Hope this clarifies
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks