Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:48   #5746
Senior - BHPian

Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Well, it almost worked.. almost. As you thought, i was doing it from ROM Manager earlier, and this time got into recovery and then chose the option of 'Install zip from SD'. Got the message 'Installation Complete', so opted for 'Reboot'. Now on rebooting it is getting stuck on CM7 boot screen. Somehow, seems this is not for me. So going back to restore the nandroid image.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache. phone will boot normally. its a common problem when someone dont clear caches when they flash new ROMs.
Old 4th September 2011, 13:42   #5747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

Guys,

I downloaded the ROM again from a different host. Again, getting some error. Have attached the error doc. Please have a look and let me know what this might be? I am on ROM Manager v4.4.0.5 and ClockWorkMod 5.0.1.0

Really don't know what's wrong. I did flash the rom through the rom manager and also through the recovery mode. Worked for me both times.

I never wiped anything. But I see that you user clockworkmod 5.0....I used v3.1. Don't know if that would make a difference though.

Try again one more time, these things sometimes sort themselves out.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:41   #5748
BHPian

Re: Contacts in CM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Did you clear the cache and reset the phone - from the recovery menu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Wipe cache and dalvik cache. phone will boot normally. its a common problem when someone dont clear caches when they flash new ROMs.
You both were right. Wiped cache n dalvik cache, and it went through. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Really don't know what's wrong. I did flash the rom through the rom manager and also through the recovery mode. Worked for me both times.

I never wiped anything. But I see that you user clockworkmod 5.0....I used v3.1. Don't know if that would make a difference though.

Try again one more time, these things sometimes sort themselves out.
I got through by installing the zip through recovery. Now, on CM7 am not able to see the market app. Also, added my gmail account, but yet to see all my contacts. Is there anyway i can recover all my earlier contacts?
Old 4th September 2011, 15:04   #5749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got through by installing the zip through recovery. Now, on CM7 am not able to see the market app. Also, added my gmail account, but yet to see all my contacts. Is there anyway i can recover all my earlier contacts?
Enjoy the CM7 !!

Did you download the gapps package for CM7 and unzip it ?

You can find it here - Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki

I just unzipped the package - added my google account and was good to go. Downlaoded whatever I needed off the market.
Old 4th September 2011, 16:53   #5750
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hello All,

My cousin has come from US and has gotten her Sgh-i897
Samsung Captivate with her. She has got herself a Airtel Prepaid card for her useage while here. She is unable to configure the gprs / edge settings on her phone for some reason. We spoke to airtel customer care and they were of no help at all.

Even after we enter the APN details manually, they disappear. Don't really understand what could be the problem here. Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Old 4th September 2011, 16:57   #5751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First UA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Just flashed First UA ROM on my phone. This is undoubtedly one of the latest and IMHO the best custom ROMs for Galaxy Ace that is out there. The screenshots speak for themselves. I have not seen such high Quadrant scores ever on my phone. The ROM is quite fast (as it installs without any bloatware) and also introduces the much needed ClockWorkMod for Ace. Here are the features included in this ROM:
  • Deodexed and rooted KPH ROM
  • ClockWorkMod 4.0.0.9
  • Cernel CF-ROOT 3.7 b78 + update
  • Extended PowerMenu + custom battery with % (Honeycomb)
  • Removed a lot system app, added a few new app (+Fancy Widgets and the assembly of desktop wallpapers Fresh Summer)
  • New Market
  • Call app with Cyrillic & Latin search + modified MMS.apk (no MMS auto-convert, no recipient restrictions) + custom system fonts (really awesome and a refreshing change from Android stock fonts)
  • TwLauncher replaced to Go Launcher EX
  • Animation Tweak (you will get smooth animations)
  • CRT animation when you turn on the full animation in settings
  • Bootanimation CyanogenMod6
  • Extra ringtones, alerts, and alarms
I am trying to flash this one too. Following instruction here -
[ROM][CUSTOM] (07.08) FirstUA-ROM-v1.2 - xda-developers

Step 2 says Flash stock KPH with Odin. From what I could understand from searching further online, KPH is the firmware code. Does this mean we need to be on the latest indian firmware or should we flash the European one only? Or maybe am totally off the mark here. Can you please list out the steps you followed?
Old 4th September 2011, 17:03   #5752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I am trying to flash this one too. Following instruction here -
[ROM][CUSTOM] (07.08) FirstUA-ROM-v1.2 - xda-developers

Step 2 says Flash stock KPH with Odin. From what I could understand from searching further online, KPH is the firmware code. Does this mean we need to be on the latest indian firmware or should we flash the European one only? Or maybe am totally off the mark here. Can you please list out the steps you followed?
You have to be on any stock firmware. I was on Froyo which is KPE based. You can be on European as well. No difference.

I followed the steps as they were mentioned on the thread.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 4th September 2011 at 17:10.
Old 4th September 2011, 17:41   #5753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

My cousin has come from US and has gotten her Sgh-i897
Samsung Captivate with her. She has got herself a Airtel Prepaid card for her useage while here. She is unable to configure the gprs / edge settings on her phone for some reason. We spoke to airtel customer care and they were of no help at all.

Even after we enter the APN details manually, they disappear. Don't really understand what could be the problem here. Any help here will be appreciated.

Is the phone network locked?

Most phones in US are sold through the networks and they lock down the phone - ie, you cannot use the phone on another provider.
Old 4th September 2011, 18:26   #5754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is the phone network locked?

Most phones in US are sold through the networks and they lock down the phone - ie, you cannot use the phone on another provider.
Hey,

The phone isn't network locked. Airtel prepaid is working just fine for calls and sms. Its only the data connection that is not working.

The settings just disappear once configured manually. And the automatic message that we get from Airtel also not working.
Old 4th September 2011, 19:56   #5755
BANNED

Quote:
The settings just disappear once configured manually. And the automatic message that we get from Airtel also not working.
What are the settings you use? (I suppose the ones customer care told you?)

I had problems in first 48 hours of phone ownership. But had to take out the sim for some reason, and once the sim was reinserted, things simply worked.

OTOH, with a BSNL sim, the phone automatically detected the APN settings. And again, switched back to Idea once that SIM was put in.
Old 4th September 2011, 20:00   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
You both were right. Wiped cache n dalvik cache, and it went through. Thank You.

The Mik Rom does not include google apps. You need to download google apps separately (download either from mikos ROM forum on xda-developers or cygnogenmod) and flash on your phone through the recovery. Your contacts will get automatically restored after your first login.
Old 4th September 2011, 20:10   #5757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
You have to be on any stock firmware. I was on Froyo which is KPE based. You can be on European as well. No difference.

I followed the steps as they were mentioned on the thread.
Finally managed to flash it. First impressions are good. It uses go launcher. Yet to check the battery life improvement if any. UI surely feels better and faster than the stock one. Thanks Nishant for your timely help!
Old 4th September 2011, 23:21   #5758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

The phone isn't network locked. Airtel prepaid is working just fine for calls and sms. Its only the data connection that is not working.

There are some softwares (as usual on XDA) which can do it. like this for example:
apns-conf.xml worldwide internet settings - xda-developers

Not tried it - because CM7 etc work out of the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
ok so i wanna flash this rom: [ROM] MotoGinger 2.3.4 (Teaser V.3) *12/08/2011* - xda-developers

and here are the install steps:

"Starting installation with any original froyo 2.2.2 (rooted)
- Download MotoGinger Teaser v3 and put the unzipped folder in Microsd--->(folder and subfolder) clockworkmod---> backup---> put motoginger-test5 folder

1. wipe via CWM
2. advanced restore (system/only)
3. flash fixed-sbf ----> DOWNLOAD
4. wipe via stock recovery, then reboot."

im already rooted. Do i need to get 2ndint as well? Im totally confused lol :(.
so inspired by you i went and installed ms2ginger. its a blurred rom (no blur activated by me so far). battery performance is looking QUITE nice as of now.

Very nice/stable - the only issue is an almost imperceptible BIT of lag (too heavy animations it has) and the weather widget only works for chinese cities
Old 5th September 2011, 08:04   #5759
BHPian

Looking for a Android based smart phone

Hello Folks,

I am currently looking for a smartphone (Android based one). This will be for my better half. She isn't a power user but basic email , social networking etc is a must

Good display (AMOLED preferred but not a must) will also be helpful

The biggest question I have is I want to use the Smartphone to store all music and connect it to my car stereo.

Currently I use a 4 GB Ipod Nano and want the smartphone to replace the ipod Nano.

Is it possible to connect the Android phones directly using USB and are there any concepts of play list in Android smart phones.

This will be the deciding factor whether the phone is an Android one or an iphone 4

Please help

Cheers
Old 5th September 2011, 10:28   #5760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biggest question I have is I want to use the Smartphone to store all music and connect it to my car stereo.
If you car has Audio jack input any Samsung phone which comes with regular head phones jack will suit your needs.

I use my phone in Audio input as blue tooth, let alone as music player.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks