Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 17:24   #5701
BHPian

Re: First UA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Just flashed First UA ROM on my phone. This is undoubtedly one of the latest and IMHO the best custom ROMs for Galaxy Ace that is out there.
Nishant i think you are keeping the Ace going for us here.

I will wait for you to play around for a week and if there are no major issues will update the Ace with this ROM.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:43   #5702
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a new Android phone. This will be my first Android and I'm still yet to come to terms with all the Roots, ROMs etc etc.

My budget is around 20k (+ or -). Apart from the Galaxies, what other options do I have? My brother has the Galaxy S2 and it is awesome. I was looking for options in HTC and am keen on 2 models, the Desire S and the Incredible S (I can probably stretch my budget a little). How are these 2 phones? If I purchase a phone, I would not want to mess around with the ROMs, Roots, S-Off etc until I get a hang of it. So, till that day, I want to keep my phone in stock condition.

While checking out the specifications, I saw that the Incredible S has Froyo while the Desire S has Gingerbread. Should this be a deal breaker? Also, I saw in some forums that the Gingerbread update is available for this phone. Would this update happen automatically from HTC or should I download it manually and install it after doing an S-Off?

Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 18:29   #5703
vsh
BHPian

i recently bought lg p500. it is a good phone. only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in a call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored. but it is a nuisance during the call. so there is this problem of poor network connection. there is no problem in the network as other phones are working fine.

i have laminated the phone in a local mobile shop here. the lamination covered all the area of the front side.

any suggestions?
Old 31st August 2011, 19:13   #5704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
...only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected...
I use a LG P500 which runs on 2.3.3 official ROM.

Even I'm face the same problem. But, in my case, the mobile network gets disconnected when NOT in call.

Anyone?
Old 31st August 2011, 19:28   #5705
Senior - BHPian

Re: First UA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Just flashed First UA ROM on my phone. This is undoubtedly one of the latest and IMHO the best custom ROMs for Galaxy Ace that is out there. The screenshots speak for themselves. I have not seen such high Quadrant scores ever on my phone. The ROM is quite fast (as it installs without any bloatware) and also introduces the much needed ClockWorkMod for Ace. Here are the features included in this ROM:
  • Deodexed and rooted KPH ROM
  • ClockWorkMod 4.0.0.9
  • Cernel CF-ROOT 3.7 b78 + update
  • Extended PowerMenu + custom battery with % (Honeycomb)
  • Removed a lot system app, added a few new app (+Fancy Widgets and the assembly of desktop wallpapers Fresh Summer)
  • New Market
  • Call app with Cyrillic & Latin search + modified MMS.apk (no MMS auto-convert, no recipient restrictions) + custom system fonts (really awesome and a refreshing change from Android stock fonts)
  • TwLauncher replaced to Go Launcher EX
  • Animation Tweak (you will get smooth animations)
  • CRT animation when you turn on the full animation in settings
  • Bootanimation CyanogenMod6
  • Extra ringtones, alerts, and alarms
heh, no screenshots man!

btw, still not crossed the 2000 barrier which defy crossed long back?

jokes apart, good to see more ROMs - the custom ROM love must spread all around!
Old 31st August 2011, 21:40   #5706
Senior - BHPian

No reviews / views for Sony Ericsson phones running Android ?
Old 1st September 2011, 00:12   #5707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a new Android phone. This will be my first Android and I'm still yet to come to terms with all the Roots, ROMs etc etc.

My budget is around 20k (+ or -). Apart from the Galaxies, what other options do I have? My brother has the Galaxy S2 and it is awesome. I was looking for options in HTC and am keen on 2 models, the Desire S and the Incredible S (I can probably stretch my budget a little). How are these 2 phones? If I purchase a phone, I would not want to mess around with the ROMs, Roots, S-Off etc until I get a hang of it. So, till that day, I want to keep my phone in stock condition.

While checking out the specifications, I saw that the Incredible S has Froyo while the Desire S has Gingerbread. Should this be a deal breaker? Also, I saw in some forums that the Gingerbread update is available for this phone. Would this update happen automatically from HTC or should I download it manually and install it after doing an S-Off?

Thanks
Both phones seem nice on paper. I am not sure about the price though. if i am not mistaken i think they are very close the dual core phones, which does not make sense in my mind to go for these phones.
twinblades is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 00:16   #5708
BHPian

Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Yup running this on the Optimus One - works beautifully. Feels like a different phone all togather. You want the files - I will upload them to sendspae or something and you could get it from there...
I am getting the error 'cant open' and 'installation aborted' when i try to install the mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500. Please let me know what this might be about?

Old 1st September 2011, 00:52   #5709
BHPian

Quote:
Which specific model are you talking about? I use a Sony Ericsson Mini Pro. It has a very good battery life. It's small and handy in my pocket and easy to handle. There is an upgrade available for the Mini and it looks even better.
Old 1st September 2011, 05:14   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I was looking for options in HTC and am keen on 2 models, the Desire S and the Incredible S (I can probably stretch my budget a little). How are these 2 phones?
The versions shouldn't be a problem, usually the new version of the OS is released for the older hardware as well. Also if you don't want to mess around with ROM etc things will be generally fine. Only one problem i see is with Support of HTC, which is pathetic.

My cousin had an HTC and when it gave some problems with display within a few months the support guys were never able to fix it and had no clue how to fix it. Finally after limping with it for sometime he decided to exchange it with Samsung.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 09:35   #5711
BHPian

In case people have missed it, the official GB (2.3.4) is available for Galaxy ACE. My friend updated and i could see drastic improvement in his phone.
Now i am just waiting for the update for my i9003
Old 1st September 2011, 09:40   #5712
Senior - BHPian

Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am getting the error 'cant open' and 'installation aborted' when i try to install the mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500. Please let me know what this might be about?

Could you tell me exactly the process you followed ?
Old 1st September 2011, 10:09   #5713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here!
X10i, rooted, ran on custom GB for a week or so, then shifted to stock SE GB, which is a much better fit, at least in SE's context, for the phone.
will be trying something new over the weekend.

Light phone, 1500mAh battery, which is now lasting from 8 to 9 pm, by when its down to 15%.
This is including about a half hour of calls, full day 3G on standby, with about a collective of 1 hour browsing, about half an hour/45 minutes of online games, and whatsapp messaging throughout the day.
Screen is good, touch could be a wee bit more sensitive, but is still good.

You HAVE to have "better keyboard", or the iphone keyb emulator, stock is android one, and is not good.

camera has a big issue in that it has no flash().
There is an LED, but it doesnt flash, even with 3rd party apps.
you have to turn it on like a flashlight, if you want pictures using the light.
But daylight pictures are to die for....i still havent seen comparable 8mp pictures yet.

No front camera, survivable omission.

It does all things well, basically, as far as being more of a non-voice communication centre.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:10   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Yes, this is already available via the LG Update. Connect your phone to your PC using LG PC Suite and update. The 2.3 update is available for a long time. I am still reluctant to updating it fearing that I might lose my contacts, SMS and installed applications. I really don't know if the update would remove all these or not.
Just tried - no luck. It says my phone is already updated with the latest version.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:24   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Hello Droid users,

I am back with a few doubts again. Earlier i had posted a query regarding purchase of my new Android Fone but that never happened due to some other circumstances. Now I am back and plan to pick my fone in next 2 weeks. I have short listed the 4 attached fones and their prices as per flipkart. Now, I really am not a very fancy user, So if i can save almost 2k by going for a sLCD fone over AMOLED, i dont mind. But my question here is, IS AMOLED display really worth paying that extra? I understand from the tech spec that all 4 fones run on almost same hardware spec with minor changes here and there. I really like the Nexus S but the absence of memory card slot is worrying. What happens in case the memory gets corrupt or something? I dont know if it really happens, just asking. In case of my current fone, i lost my memory card to corrupt data twice and buying a new memory card an easy way out.

Awaiting inputs. The only other fone i have considered outside the 3 Samsung family listed above is the HTC DESIRE S. I like that fone particularly for its built quality.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fones.jpg

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 1st September 2011 at 12:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks