Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 18:49   #5656
Joy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I'm going to buy a Motorola defy from letsbuy. What code should I enter to get maximum discount?
icicilb will give you a maximum discount of Rs. 1200/-.
Old 29th August 2011, 10:19   #5657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I had a very small query. I have an LG Optimus One, running on Android 2.2. I am planning to upgrade it to the official 2.3 GingerBread release. I was confused would I lose all my applications i've installed on my phone? I have NDrive installed, which was provided as a default application by LG. If I upgrade my version, will my applications get erased and I have to reinstall each and every application individually again?
Is the official 2.3 upgrade available for this phone? I've been waiting for it for some time now and LG had announced that they will be releasing the upgrade in this month end or next month. Let me know if this is already available.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:23   #5658
BHPian

Yes, this is already available via the LG Update. Connect your phone to your PC using LG PC Suite and update. The 2.3 update is available for a long time. I am still reluctant to updating it fearing that I might lose my contacts, SMS and installed applications. I really don't know if the update would remove all these or not.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:55   #5659
Senior - BHPian

@invisible

I just updated mine to Lite 6.1 with Ninph 2.05. For somereason i am unable to update to Ninph 2.1.3.

May the file is corrupted. Will try again from home.

Updated the Lite 6.1 and then removed the yellow triangle using KH3 stock kernal and loaded the Zimage of 6.1 again.

Now have CWM and Litening 6.1 running fine. Installed go launcher and the overall feel is far smoother.

Will try the Nymp kernal today evening and see how it improves.

Why do you need the 3600mah battery with bulging back. Just ruins the purpose of the phone. Instead i just got a nice small hyperion 1800 mah battery with charger(2 batteris) for some 20 bucks in amazon. A friend carried it for me.

Now i have three batteries all 100% charged that lasts atleast a week before which i think of re-charging.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:34   #5660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are you running this on LG Optimus One? If so, could you please provide the links for this ROM?
Yup running this on the Optimus One - works beautifully. Feels like a different phone all togather. You want the files - I will upload them to sendspae or something and you could get it from there....send me your email id for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Is the official 2.3 upgrade available for this phone? I've been waiting for it for some time now and LG had announced that they will be releasing the upgrade in this month end or next month. Let me know if this is already available.
Quote:
Yes, this is already available via the LG Update. Connect your phone to your PC using LG PC Suite and update. The 2.3 update is available for a long time. I am still reluctant to updating it fearing that I might lose my contacts, SMS and installed applications. I really don't know if the update would remove all these or not.
Traveloholic - are you sure it's the official update? Well I havent heard good things about the GB update for the LG phones - I am fine with Mik's CM7 !

And the less said about the LG PC Suite and LG updater the better.

Now I am using the Sygic Aura Navi app on the Optimus and it's a huge improvement on the Sygic MMI 8.24. All the building names are listed under the POI tab - so you select the street and search the POI tab for the building names and it takes you right outside

Today I will try the v11 of N Drive navi system.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 29th August 2011 at 15:37.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:49   #5661
BHPian

Quote:
Your contacts are safe. They are backed up to your google account. You can retrieve the contacts even on a totally new phone if you use same google account. Just login to your gmail account on web and click on the contacts to cross check whether all your contacts listed there or not.

Download and Install the android app "SMS Backup+".You can backup, retrieve and sync your SMS list and call log as and when required. It saves the SMS list and call log to your google account.

The list of installed applications on your phones can also be accessed from your market.android.com website. You can manually install each of your applications from this website.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:26   #5662
Senior - BHPian

Have a question, can two Android phones be configured to one google account. Or the other way around can one phone be configured to two google accounts.

I might have to buy another phone+number and would not like to create another google account just to configure that, hence the question.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:28   #5663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Have a question, can two Android phones be configured to one google account. Or the other way around can one phone be configured to two google accounts.

I might have to buy another phone+number and would not like to create another google account just to configure that, hence the question.
when i use my browser to do OTA installs on my phones via my account, i get to see which of my handsets is compatible with the app, and i get to choose which phone to install it on.
one account, market's linked to 2 phones.
does this help?
Old 29th August 2011, 17:04   #5664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha, but are you sure it is 2.3? Cause they did release an update - 2.2.2 or something of that sort...
Old 29th August 2011, 17:05   #5665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@invisible

I just updated mine to Lite 6.1 with Ninph 2.05. For somereason i am unable to update to Ninph 2.1.3.

May the file is corrupted. Will try again from home.

Updated the Lite 6.1 and then removed the yellow triangle using KH3 stock kernal and loaded the Zimage of 6.1 again.

Now have CWM and Litening 6.1 running fine. Installed go launcher and the overall feel is far smoother.

Will try the Nymp kernal today evening and see how it improves.

Why do you need the 3600mah battery with bulging back. Just ruins the purpose of the phone. Instead i just got a nice small hyperion 1800 mah battery with charger(2 batteris) for some 20 bucks in amazon. A friend carried it for me.

Now i have three batteries all 100% charged that lasts atleast a week before which i think of re-charging.
Before uploading another kernal put the phone in recovery mode clear cache and dalvik cache. Reboot recovery, put the phone off and go to download mode by pressing vol down + home + power, connect it to odin and download the new kernal and reboot. It should work fine.

3600 mah battery is since I have a lot of travel and usage is heavy. Will be only used while travelling. Costed about 10$ if it doesn't work fine than may be will get the standard battery. Also ordered for SGP neo hybrid case and SGP glass shield. Awaiting for the delivery.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:13   #5666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Aha, but are you sure it is 2.3? Cause they did release an update - 2.2.2 or something of that sort...
Yes, because the last time I connect my phone to LG Phone Suite and clicked on udpate. It displayed that An update is available and showed the version as Android 2.3
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:50   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Yup running this on the Optimus One - works beautifully. Feels like a different phone all togather. You want the files - I will upload them to sendspae or something and you could get it from there....send me your email id for that
normally_crazy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hey, got this message when i thought of sending a PM. Pl. let me know, when i can send one.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:44   #5668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
normally_crazy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hey, got this message when i thought of sending a PM. Pl. let me know, when i can send one.
ooopz - cleared now --- shoot
Old 29th August 2011, 22:29   #5669
BHPian

I guess this question might have been asked a couple times. I'm looking for an Android app that would restrict outgoing calls. I do not care about restricting incoming calls. The reason is, wifey is going to use the mobile and my daughter has her hands on often times. I do not want her dial any number accidentally and even worse when it goes unnoticed, it shows up heavily on my monthly bill. I had once experienced it. Since then punished my Wife by not giving her any mobile phone. But now its time to get her one. Well, I could develop an App for myself, but I do not have the time for it. I know this is a good place to get answered. So guys, give me your suggestions. Be it a free app or a paid one, I desperately need one.
Old 29th August 2011, 22:31   #5670
BHPian

Samsung has announced a messaging service called Ch@tOn for all major mobile platforms -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks