Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 12:27   #13201
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Thanks to this forum.

I have finally bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 yesterday from Spice hotspot. Have got the screen guard but do not like the flip cover much and more interested in having slim cases like this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/case-mate-sm...mdazzfzwkps4nz

Please suggest something like this one.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 20th December 2012, 12:40   #13202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Agree with you that the rush should be through after Xmas. Thanks mate!
Don't think so. Before it went out of stock, Google was quoting insane shipping periods like 9-10 weeks. So, any phone ordered in December will perhaps ship in February. This is not regular Christmas rush, but severe supply issues from LG side.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:23   #13203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
No idea as i dont have one. All the people i know who have brought the phone are using it mostly to play temple run and basic usage and havent used maps / gps etc, so no review on that front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just read somewhere that the GPS is horrible on this (takes ages to lock in) and the compass doesn't work.

True? Work around?
I have used GPS (Google as well as Sygic) and had absolutely no issues with GPS in this fone (even in version 1) . I use it with AGPS and GPS EPO switched on.
Just out of curiosity I tried this fix http://www.droidiser.com/2012/11/gps...ster-lock.html and it appeared to work even faster but I cannot confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
There was a firmware upgrade (V2) available last week which supposedly fixed GPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
This has been fixed after the v2 release.
I tried after V2 upgrade and have not found a issue in GPS either. Got a fix within few seconds.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:50   #13204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert

Don't think so. Before it went out of stock, Google was quoting insane shipping periods like 9-10 weeks. So, any phone ordered in December will perhaps ship in February. This is not regular Christmas rush, but severe supply issues from LG side.
So does that mean that Indian launch will be delayed further? Also, there are speculations that GN4 will be priced near 25-30k here in India, so why SO much difference between US & here? Does google survey states that Indians are more richer than US folks? Same is case with Apple products... is it only because of insane taxes & import duties here? Or something else?

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 20th December 2012 at 13:52.
Old 20th December 2012, 15:57   #13205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Thanks to this forum.

I have finally bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 yesterday from Spice hotspot. Have got the screen guard but do not like the flip cover much and more interested in having slim cases like this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/case-mate-sm...mdazzfzwkps4nz

Please suggest something like this one.

Cheers!
Irish
If you are looking for a slim case, I would advise you to look at either Incipio or Diztronic. I have a Diztronic on my S3 and it's great . Both can be found on Amazon.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:29   #13206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
If you are looking for a slim case, I would advise you to look at either Incipio or Diztronic. I have a Diztronic on my S3 and it's great . Both can be found on Amazon.
Guys who are searching for hard to get mobile accessories can try these websites (I have bought from both earlier)

1) in.mobilefun.com (this is actually the India website of mobilefun.co.uk and we can pay in INR, but shipment actually happens from UK and items reach in 7-10 days. Here you have the maximum range of accessories available globally - I ordered the official Vehicle dock for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 and also a 2000 mAH battery kit for my Samsung S2)

2) www.fommy.co.in - this is also a good local webstore with a good range of accessories for mobiles (I had ordered a Capdase Phone protector from them).

(PS : I have no commercial interest with either and am sharing for the benefit of others as you can find the max variety of mobile accessories on these sites!)

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 20th December 2012, 17:51   #13207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
So does that mean that Indian launch will be delayed further? Also, there are speculations that GN4 will be priced near 25-30k here in India, so why SO much difference between US & here? Does google survey states that Indians are more richer than US folks? Same is case with Apple products... is it only because of insane taxes & import duties here? Or something else?
If you can, just get the phone from US. Two of my friends have bought N4 couple of weeks back, was just 21700 INR. Makes no sense in buying one from India for 33 or 34 K. Yes, heard that it will be priced above 30K initially.
Old 20th December 2012, 18:22   #13208
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart today, leave me disappointed with them. They called me just now to tell me that they weren't able to source a while Micromax A110 phone, from 13th Dec [when I placed my order] and that they'll have to cancel my order.

It does annoy me but what I cannot understand is when they weren't able to get a single supplier to guarantee stock of this product, why did their webpage for the same product list it as 'In Stock' yesterday [around afternoon]. I reported it here and so did another Bhpian. That's unacceptable..

Sad. Now I will surely think hard before placing orders for higher priced products with them, or maybe even not..

Keep this in mind when you order fast moving products from them [and I'm not the first customer to whom this has happened, read the white phone's reviews page].

Last edited by k_ajay : 20th December 2012 at 18:24. Reason: Grammatical error correction.
Old 20th December 2012, 18:47   #13209
BHPian

Just placed an order with Flipkart for a black A110. It was in stock when i placed the order and as soon as i completed the order, it was out of stock.

Not sure if my order was actually registered in the system before the product went out of stock or if i got the last piece and then it went out of stock.

Will get to know next week only

They had a white one in stock yesterday and black was out of stock. Today black was in stock when i placed the order and white was out of stock.

Now both are showing as out of stock

Last edited by Abeer : 20th December 2012 at 18:50.
Old 20th December 2012, 19:51   #13210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Just placed an order with Flipkart for a black A110. It was in stock when i placed the order and as soon as i completed the order, it was out of stock.

Not sure if my order was actually registered in the system before the product went out of stock or if i got the last piece and then it went out of stock.

Will get to know next week only

They had a white one in stock yesterday and black was out of stock. Today black was in stock when i placed the order and white was out of stock.

Now both are showing as out of stock
They keep playing like this, taking customer money and I was told it was a 'server error' when I asked why White was listed as 'In Stock' yesterday, briefly, when they couldn't find a piece since 13.12.

Good luck to you.
Old 20th December 2012, 21:18   #13211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
They keep playing like this, taking customer money and I was told it was a 'server error' when I asked why White was listed as 'In Stock' yesterday, briefly, when they couldn't find a piece since 13.12.

Good luck to you.
I opted for COD. so the money is still with me

When I placed the order, the price was 9999/-. Now the site shows the price as 10299/-, and it is still out of stock.
Old 20th December 2012, 21:42   #13212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I opted for COD. so the money is still with me

When I placed the order, the price was 9999/-. Now the site shows the price as 10299/-, and it is still out of stock.
That's good. The money will come back, but it's just their practice I am not ok with.

I just saw the increase in price. I guess and hope Flipkart hasn't stooped so low that for a mere 300 rupees increase, they are declaring out of stock and then opening stocks with the new price [I know smart alecs will say 300 rupees over 100+ pieces will make a difference].

But flipkart has lost my confidence.
Old 20th December 2012, 22:35   #13213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That's good. The money will come back, but it's just their practice I am not ok with.

I just saw the increase in price. I guess and hope Flipkart hasn't stooped so low that for a mere 300 rupees increase, they are declaring out of stock and then opening stocks with the new price [I know smart alecs will say 300 rupees over 100+ pieces will make a difference].

But flipkart has lost my confidence.
Its not available anywhere in any physical store too I guess. Dont be so harsh on them and yourself You'll learn to survive without the MMX.

Just kidding man. I think MMX did not expect this kind of almost iPhone like sales, i think they are crazily short strapped on production.
Old 20th December 2012, 23:16   #13214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
In the mobile networks option select only GSM mode. Probably this will solve the problem
Chinmay, Thank you ! I made the changes and it worked.
Old 21st December 2012, 08:21   #13215
Senior - BHPian

Paranoid Android rocks! See how the system UI can blend in with the apps in their own color!

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20121221081744.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20121221081932.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks