Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 15:10   #6391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
I have decided on LG Optimus One P500 after lots of searching around. Does anyone have a valid Letsbuy coupon? I have tried ICICILB, RCOMLB1 etc but nothing works. Please PM me the coupon code if you have one.

Thanks in advance.
Use HSBCLB or AXISLB
Old 29th October 2011, 16:21   #6392
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My Samsung D820 dumb phone is giving me problems after 4 and a half years of service. I'm planning on getting a new Mobile and I have shortlisted the Samsung Galaxy S II and the HTC Sensation. I'm preferring the S II coz I feel that all the HTC phones look very similar, although I think the Sensation is very good. Please advice.
Also, now that Samsung is launching the Galaxy Note in India pretty soon, I am thinking if I should wait for it ? The gorgeous screen as well as the awesome specs on the Note are very tempting. But will it be too big to use as a phone ?
Old 29th October 2011, 16:36   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The pros for me are quick GPS and better battery life than most smart phones. but after reading more it looks like its not great for Youtube (doesn't play flash) and browsing (low resolution). Now I'm in a dilemma. I need 2 days charging interval with good browsing screen and flash playback + quick GPS and downloadable maps.

Now what else if not Wildfire S?

--Ragul
downloadable maps works with all - brut or else just ask for help
quick GPS: [Jul.10.2011 HD2 w/AGPS SUPPORT!] Instantaneous GPS Fixation v1.2 US & INTERNATIONAL! - xda-developers or use faster fix.

2 day charging interval is like wanting 60 mileage from bike - you can get even 90 from a TVS centra but then there is no joy in riding it. try the defy or SGSL in person or from a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Now I'm looking at Samsung Fit. Dell XCD35 has been ruled out because of lots of users reporting issues with battery and heating issue.

Is CM7.1 supported on all Samsung Androids? I don't see Pop mentioned on their website.
Hold on.no yaar. these are all low res screens - the ONLY advantage of optimus one is its REALLY snappy nature but the phone screen has no joy (see a defy screen to understand what i'm talking about). What is the problem with Dell XCD35? amit_mechengg and others here have it - dont recall them posting any problems. Its got a very nice screen which really adds to the touchscreen experience.

btw, both battery n heating issues are manageable/caused by under/over-volting. have you checked on performance with CM7 with proper undervolting?

btw, optimus one has a 1500 mah battery so of course it'll last 20% more than a dell XCD35. but seriously, if battery is such a big deal, BB are the only 'smart'phones which qualify!!

the key of course, is that O1 is very good out of the box - with dell, you need to put CM7 or likewise to unlock the features so if u dont wanna tinker, O1 is good.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 20:08   #6394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
phonearena site. I googled for custom ROMs and an exciting world opened up for me. Now I am all gung-ho on spending up to 15K (by a stretch) for a good screen.
FIne - but do search for cyanogenmod support for the device(s) you shortlist. That means the device should be in the market for 3 - 9 months at least before official CM support is announced.

Quote:
The battery life requirement is mainly because I am hopelessly absent minded, never remember to charge even with the charger in sight.
This CPU tuner (or any other app like SetCPU) thingie uses dynamic frequency control with or without CPU voltage control to achieve better power savings. An additional battery life of up to 24 hours, with over all maximum life of 48 hours. That is all you can expect with all smartphones - even BB. (BB experience from relatives' phones).
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 01:24   #6395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I have decided on LG Optimus One P500 after lots of searching around. Does anyone have a valid Letsbuy coupon? I have tried ICICILB, RCOMLB1 etc but nothing works. Please PM me the coupon code if you have one.

Thanks in advance.
Have you considered the new Optimus Net? There seem to be hardy any reviews yet. Anybody here has bought this one?
Old 30th October 2011, 09:13   #6396
Senior - BHPian

For devices with low app storage space, this is a good option to have apps moved to sd-ext and still not to lose performance.

Name:  ForumRunner_20111030_091325.png
Views: 473
Size:  60.2 KB

Keep the data and dalvik cache in internal memory and move only the apks to sd-ext.
Old 30th October 2011, 09:39   #6397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You mean to read Hindi and other Indic fonts? It is explained a few posts back by me.
Thanks a lot. I wish you have also given the post no.

In any case I managed to huntit down and used the ES File Explorer to install it. What I had to do was to first download the font, then copy it to the SD card. Thereafter, I went to the File Explorer and copied this font over to the fonts directory on the phone. As a note of caution I created a bak subfolder, moved the original file there, and then copied in the new file. Rebooted the system and it was go. Then I went and removed the old file and the bak subfolder.

The Explorer had to be set up for root access etc. Just remember the display may not be proper for half letters, and some matras.

Now the next one - is there a keyboard app which permits messaging in Devenagari.
Old 30th October 2011, 10:33   #6398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Thanks a lot. I wish you have also given the post no.
I was posting from mobile with the app..otherwise I would have posted the link as well. Glad that you found it easily!
Old 30th October 2011, 10:45   #6399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Use HSBCLB or AXISLB
Use ILUVLETSBUYEM . You can get a flat 5% discount. Valid only for 2 days, so hurry up.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 12:11   #6400
Senior - BHPian

you dont need a backup app anymore yaar. remember we talked how google supposedly syncs it all?
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot1319953082710.jpg
Old 30th October 2011, 16:10   #6401
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,i have a Motorola EX115 and have just purchased a Samsung GalaxyS2.I want to shift all my contacts from Motorola to Samsung?Is there any program/software that i can use?Also i am having difficulty in configuring my phone.I use a Vodafone connection in NCR.The phone was working fine with a BSNL3G sim of Bihar but now nothing is connecting!
Old 30th October 2011, 17:17   #6402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector
Guys,i have a Motorola EX115 and have just purchased a Samsung GalaxyS2.I want to shift all my contacts from Motorola to Samsung?Is there any program/software that i can use?Also i am having difficulty in configuring my phone.I use a Vodafone connection in NCR.The phone was working fine with a BSNL3G sim of Bihar but now nothing is connecting!
If they are stored as google contacts, you don't need to do anything to transfer them! otherwise you can use something like myphoneexplorer.
Old 30th October 2011, 17:33   #6403
mxx
BHPian

I am having an annoying problem with my galaxy ace with froyo. I am on prepaid connection. So, everytime any app accesses the internet I get a notification from provider (last call charges, balance). The problem is if I do not use the phone for some time, several of these notification is received. And I cannot answer the call unless all the notifications are closed. Eg: if I dont use my phone for an hour, there will be around 10 notification, and if someone calls me, I have to press "OK" on the notification and close all the 10, by the time I would miss the call. Any solution to this?
Old 30th October 2011, 19:39   #6404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
I am having an annoying problem with my galaxy ace with froyo.... ..
Can't you ask your service provider not to send the notifications? Anyway, aren't the notifications in the notification bar at the top of the screen? If yes, they're quite unobtrusive and you should be able to use the phone without closing them.
Old 30th October 2011, 21:47   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I am having an annoying problem with my galaxy ace with froyo. I am on prepaid connection. So, everytime any app accesses the internet I get a notification from provider (last call charges, balance). The problem is if I do not use the phone for some time, several of these notification is received. And I cannot answer the call unless all the notifications are closed. Eg: if I dont use my phone for an hour, there will be around 10 notification, and if someone calls me, I have to press "OK" on the notification and close all the 10, by the time I would miss the call. Any solution to this?
Get the 99 internet plan.no notifications

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks