Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 03:00   #13516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am fed up waiting for a nexus 4. Shipping time (weeks) are now in 2 digits. Also rumours about the end of a google subsidised price for N4. I am looking for a 1GHz,1GB RAM android phone under 20K. Now the only option look like a Atrix2, if I go for brands. As motorola has no service in India anymore, can accident repairs be a pain? Any news about the availability of old galaxy nexus (new piece) elsewere in the world from where it can be sourced trustfully? if anybody is interested in the worldwide availability of N4, here is a website for that (there are plenty others too )
http://n4checker.com
just buy the galaxy nexus. in december, bought one for the missus in 19.7k (opening/testing allowed before payment). 19.5k is the cheapest it was then.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:25   #13517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everybody,
I am fed up waiting for a nexus 4. Shipping time (weeks) are now in 2 digits. Also rumours about the end of a google subsidised price for N4. I am looking for a 1GHz,1GB RAM android phone under 20K. Now the only option look like a Atrix2, if I go for brands. As motorola has no service in India anymore, can accident repairs be a pain? Any news about the availability of old galaxy nexus (new piece) elsewere in the world from where it can be sourced trustfully? if anybody is interested in the worldwide availability of N4, here is a website for that (there are plenty others too )
http://n4checker.com
Go for the Galaxy Nexus. With the 4.2.1 update, there is hardly any difference between the Nexus 4 and the Galaxy. The Nexus 4 looks much better from the back though.

The best bet to get a Galaxy Nexus would be from Amazon US, but you need someone to carry it for you. Just make sure you order the GSM version and not the CDMA one. Those are originally from UK but freely available in Amazon US. And while ordering, order any accessories you want as well since they are not easily available here.

On one hand you are worried about the Motorola service and on the other you are looking for Nexus. I suppose you are aware of the fact that Samsung/LG won't even touch the nexus here in India.
Old 17th January 2013, 14:16   #13518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
just buy the galaxy nexus. in december, bought one for the missus in 19.7k (opening/testing allowed before payment). 19.5k is the cheapest it was then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Go for the Galaxy Nexus. With the 4.2.1 update, there is hardly any difference between the Nexus 4 and the Galaxy. The Nexus 4 looks much better from the back though.
Is the G Nexus available now ? I had last bought one here in Pune about 2 months back (19.5K), but now they say no stock.

IIRC, production stopped once the Nexus 4 launched right ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th January 2013 at 14:28.
Old 17th January 2013, 16:19   #13519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I am fed up waiting for a nexus 4....
I think Atrix would be the best bang for your buck! 17.5k with bill and warranty for --

- 4.3-inch TFT screen - qHD, 960 x 540 resolution
- 1 GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 Processor
- 8 MP Cam + 0.3 MP Secondary Cam, Full HD Recording
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB

Plus now you also have JB!

I was eagerly pursuing it before finalizing on the G-Nex a few months back. At that point both of them where neck and neck in pricing (~20k). Now though, I wonder why the G-Nex's prices have been jacked up by almost 5k!! The cheapest one I see on ebay today is going for ~25k (Here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Is the G Nexus available now ? I had last bought one here in Pune about 2 months back (19.5K), but now they say no stock.

Even I remember reading so. E-Bay.in still has a lot of listings for the G-Nex, wonder where these guys are getting it from!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 17th January 2013 at 16:24. Reason: updating price/url
Old 17th January 2013, 21:44   #13520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I think Atrix would be the best bang for your buck! 17.5k with bill and warranty for --

- 4.3-inch TFT screen - qHD, 960 x 540 resolution
- 1 GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 Processor
- 8 MP Cam + 0.3 MP Secondary Cam, Full HD Recording
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB

Plus now you also have JB!

I was eagerly pursuing it before finalizing on the G-Nex a few months back. At that point both of them where neck and neck in pricing (~20k). Now though, I wonder why the G-Nex's prices have been jacked up by almost 5k!! The cheapest one I see on ebay today is going for ~25k (Here).

Even I remember reading so. E-Bay.in still has a lot of listings for the G-Nex, wonder where these guys are getting it from!
True. I too feel Atrix 2 is a good buy. I have an old A1200 which is still alive and used .It was bought in 2005 . The new phone is for my wife, hence the worry for service. Today I saw the Atrix2 for 16499 in Flipkart. Hard to resist now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

The best bet to get a Galaxy Nexus would be from Amazon US, but you need someone to carry it for you. Just make sure you order the GSM version and not the CDMA one. Those are originally from UK but freely available in Amazon US. And while ordering, order any accessories you want as well since they are not easily available here.

On one hand you are worried about the Motorola service and on the other you are looking for Nexus. I suppose you are aware of the fact that Samsung/LG won't even touch the nexus here in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Well, when my N4 dream started to grow sour, I did try to get a galaxy nexus. It is still good value for money. But everybody jacked up the prices. The cheapest one sells for ~440 USD. Also it is off the google play store.
I will probably end up with a Atrix2. Today I tried out the LG 4X HD. The phone looks sleek and is light. But having an S2, the 4X HD screen looks like a washout of colours. It is a personal choice and I know it is more realistic reproduction of colours. But I like my S2 display. It was priced at INR27800. Also checked out Xperia S , P and SL. Did not like the display. Somehow looked a bit odd.

Last edited by 999 : 17th January 2013 at 21:46.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:10   #13521
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Was advised to wait for the Nexus 4 on this thread a couple of months ago. There are no signs of it so i guess it won't be officially getting launched here in India!

http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones...o-india/698852

Quote:
Forget it, the LG Nexus 4 is not coming to India
Old 17th January 2013, 22:56   #13522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Was advised to wait for the Nexus 4 on this thread a couple of months ago. There are no signs of it so i guess it won't be officially getting launched here in India!

http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones...o-india/698852
PPS, I really doubt the Indian launch. LG-Google is on blame game for the existing delays. Even if it get launched, it will be post the back log in europe/US which is quite long. Also many new devices are expected to be launched in first quarter, especially the S4.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:06   #13523
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also many new devices are expected to be launched in first quarter, especially the S4.
Heard of the S4, i'm waiting for the right time to buy the S3. The S3 would anyways become outdated in the next 5-6 months!

Also can somebody tell me whether the S3 sold in the stores like Croma,etc comes with Jelly Bean out of the box or not?
Old 17th January 2013, 23:17   #13524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Heard of the S4, i'm waiting for the right time to buy the S3. The S3 would anyways become outdated in the next 5-6 months!

Also can somebody tell me whether the S3 sold in the stores like Croma,etc comes with Jelly Bean out of the box or not?
As of now, no and I will doubt that for future. Samsung is one of the slowest to provide updates to softwares in Andriod . I would guess the newer samsung phones (S4 etc) to come with JB and S3 to be updated by users individually.

@Dry Ice, @Jaguar, @phamilyman, Just ordered a Atrix2 in Flipkart. Hope the keep the previous service levels I experienced a few months back . Looks more VFM than galaxy nexus @INR16499 compared to $440 for the later.

Last edited by 999 : 17th January 2013 at 23:21. Reason: added Line
Old 17th January 2013, 23:55   #13525
BHPian

Quote:
@Dry Ice, @Jaguar, @phamilyman, Just ordered a Atrix2 in Flipkart. Hope the keep the previous service levels I experienced a few months back . Looks more VFM than galaxy nexus @INR16499 compared to $440 for the later.
SAR levels are quite high on Atrix2, compared with samsung models especially S2.
Old 18th January 2013, 00:15   #13526
Senior - BHPian

Well, if someone would prefer to wait, here is a juicy rumor

'Nexus 5 smartphone, Nexus 7.7 tablet rumored for May debut'

http://bgr.com/2013/01/17/nexus-5-re...tm_medium=home
Old 18th January 2013, 10:30   #13527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
SAR levels are quite high on Atrix2, compared with samsung models especially S2.
Oh my! that are quite high levels. Never knew that. Damn! the Head SAR value is 1.01 W/kg. But S2 is 0.338 !!!

Last edited by 999 : 18th January 2013 at 10:41. Reason: add a line
Old 18th January 2013, 10:37   #13528
BHPian

Nexus 4 owners,please tell me where I can procure a good case and screen protector!!
Old 18th January 2013, 12:02   #13529
BHPian

SAR values bothering me a bit too much. Cancelled the order. Back to square one :(
Old 18th January 2013, 12:09   #13530
BHPian

Quote:
SAR values bothering me a bit too much. Cancelled the order. Back to square one :(

I would suggest you go for Micromax A110, its a real beast and VFM, SGS2 has some issues but they can be controlled by rooting the system.

What is your budget?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks