Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 17:59   #14311
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks Buddy. The phone just restarted after several attempts of removing and reinserting the battery.

Will take backup and do a factory reset to avoid further trouble. Can the gurus suggest a good free app to take backup?
Go backup pro is a very good app. I use it for backing up data in my phone. Till now never faced any issue.
Old 28th March 2013, 19:40   #14312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Go backup pro is a very good app. I use it for backing up data in my phone. Till now never faced any issue.
Thanks Mate. Will download that tonight and take the backup.

Cheers.
Old 28th March 2013, 23:19   #14313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Buddy. The phone just restarted after several attempts of removing and reinserting the battery.

Will take backup and do a factory reset to avoid further trouble. Can the gurus suggest a good free app to take backup?
what do you want to backup?
apps and data, or just contacts and sms?
Old 29th March 2013, 06:19   #14314
BHPian

Facebook has something big up it's sleeve about Android - http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2013/...-headquarters/

I want a refreshed FB app written from ground up with deep integration with Android and holoized UI.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot20130328at5.04.27pm.jpg
Old 29th March 2013, 09:35   #14315
BHPian

Guys I finally went ahead and bought Samsung Galaxy S advance. Must say it is an awesome phone. Just got it 2 days back. No networl issue in my phone. My brother who was using HTC One V has purchased HTC Desire X. I used it and am extremely satisfied with its performance.
Old 29th March 2013, 10:38   #14316
Senior - BHPian

Just bought a micromax a110 for 11300/- from sangeetha. Great phone for the price and I can vouch for its sturdiness. Fell out from my shirt pocket while going over an unmarked speedbreaker on a bike. few scratches thats all. 5" screen is big enough for me.
Old 29th March 2013, 11:51   #14317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Just bought a micromax a110 for 11300/- from sangeetha. Great phone for the price and I can vouch for its sturdiness. Fell out from my shirt pocket while going over an unmarked speedbreaker on a bike. few scratches thats all. 5" screen is big enough for me.
Congrats on the new purchase !!

I guess you paid a bit more than regular online prices. I guess that's the price you pay to touch, feel and then buy a product, in comparison to online shopping.

http://www.pricedealsindia.com/mobiles/Micromax-A110-Canvas-2-price-in-india-dpi1630.php

No doubt that MMX is doing good in providing VFM products. The only question still remains is the A.S.S for their products. If MMX is able to strengthen that area, I am sure it will beat Samsung, LG and Nokia in the market share.
Old 29th March 2013, 16:21   #14318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase !!

I guess you paid a bit more than regular online prices. I guess that's the price you pay to touch, feel and then buy a product, in comparison to online shopping.

No doubt that MMX is doing good in providing VFM products. The only question still remains is the A.S.S for their products. If MMX is able to strengthen that area, I am sure it will beat Samsung, LG and Nokia in the market share.
yes but of that 300 was for theft insurance (have I been taken for a ride?)
Also found it very difficult to locate a store that had it in stock. The mobile store said that I would not be able to find it in Bangalore Even sangeetha had just got a stock of 12 the day before I bought it and only 4 were left.

Yes I heard that their service is pathetic
Old 29th March 2013, 16:32   #14319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
yes but of that 300 was for theft insurance (have I been taken for a ride?)
Also found it very difficult to locate a store that had it in stock. The mobile store said that I would not be able to find it in Bangalore Even sangeetha had just got a stock of 12 the day before I bought it and only 4 were left.
Yes I heard that their service is pathetic
No no...No ride. You paid for a service. So its nothing like you have been taken for a ride. Well, you could have avoided that Insurance money and taken something more useful. Again, I am not sure of your usage, how crowded places you visit, or what are the chances that you lose the handset.

Store salesmen will always push customers for these kind of accessories. Well, they could have given you a decent Bluetooth Headset or something similar in that 300 bucks.

I had Googled a lot last month about the MMX Service. There were 50-50 +/- reviews !! Some said that the issues were fixed the very same day, and some said that they never got back their phones from the Service Center. I saw that there is a MMX CheckPoint (That's what they call) Store in Jayanagar, B'lore. May be you can drop in sometime (if on the way) and get a quick essence how good are the people sitting there.

Nevertheless Canvas 2 is still selling like hot cakes and yes, availability is a difficult thing. Congrats again on your new purchase !!

I went for Galaxy Grand after waiting waiting and waiting for the A116 Canvas HD. We could have discussed about these too on our last BHP meet few weeks back.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 29th March 2013 at 16:33.
Old 29th March 2013, 17:07   #14320
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not in the market for a device, but yesterday i happened to walk into an intex flag ship store, at Noida.
They seem to be catching up. Good looking,nicely specced phones and tablets. I couldn't get a feel of how they were, or felt, quality wise, but damn decent prices. Anyone here has gone for a look- feel?
Old 29th March 2013, 17:29   #14321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
what do you want to backup?
apps and data, or just contacts and sms?
I want to backup everything. Will there be an issue or is it that i cannot take backups for all?
Old 29th March 2013, 19:16   #14322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I want to backup everything. Will there be an issue or is it that i cannot take backups for all?
I was just asking. I read the go backup reviews, and they seemed bipolar. I myself am a fan of titanium backup, but you'll need root for that. Sms are backed up automatically to Google via sms backup. Phonebook too to Google.
Titanium has served me with backups from the last 2 phones , innumerable factory resets and custom Roms.

Last edited by mayankk : 29th March 2013 at 19:36.
Old 29th March 2013, 19:45   #14323
BHPian

Hi Guys, Just had a small question. When I first migrated to an android phone I had created a back up on my Gmail and then imported all my contacts to my android phone. This was a year back - post that obviously I have created many new contacts. I want to know if these new contacts are automatically synced to the Gmail list? If not from where can I do so? Is there an option in the Gmail app for android? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 29th March 2013, 20:01   #14324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys, Just had a small question. When I first migrated to an android phone I had created a back up on my Gmail and then imported all my contacts to my android phone. This was a year back - post that obviously I have created many new contacts. I want to know if these new contacts are automatically synced to the Gmail list? If not from where can I do so? Is there an option in the Gmail app for android? Any help is greatly appreciated.
It depends on whether you have tagged the new contacts to "google" or phone/SIM. Google tagged ones are synced to Gmail automatically. You need to export the others manually.
Old 29th March 2013, 20:30   #14325
BHPian

Today got a first hand experience of Google's new service called Google Now. And lm loving every bit of it. The way the suggestions are put forth even without doing anything on my part is just amazing. Even while on the mov3 it kept showing how far I was from home and the traffic.

Also showed the places of interest near to your current location. It even showed up movie listings at nearby theatres without me having to search.

I think this is a million times better than Siri. Now lets see apple beat it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks