Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 00:53   #14326
VKS
BHPian

True , Google now is just amazing . It understands where your office and home is and every morning prompts the best route and traffic .

It remembers the Google /other searches . Say I inquired about a flight status , the card sits there on my Google now menu for me to use any time .
Old 30th March 2013, 02:16   #14327
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I finally went ahead and bought Samsung Galaxy S advance. Must say it is an awesome phone. Just got it 2 days back. No networl issue in my phone. My brother who was using HTC One V has purchased HTC Desire X. I used it and am extremely satisfied with its performance.
Congrats on the new purchase. Mind sharing the price and place of purchase of the S Advance? Did you update it?
Old 30th March 2013, 05:44   #14328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. Mind sharing the price and place of purchase of the S Advance? Did you update it?

The phone was not available here in the local market. And few shops had this phone but the quoted 19k fpr this phone. So I ordered the phone from Flipkart. On flipkart I got it for 14.5k I think that is good enough price. As of now I have not updated it but will definitely do it later.
Old 30th March 2013, 14:13   #14329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I want to know if these new contacts are automatically synced to the Gmail list? If not from where can I do so?
If the automatic contact sync is ON in your phone all the newly added contacts gets synced automatically to (and from) Google contacts. you can check it by logging into Google contacts via web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
It remembers the Google /other searches .
Count one more fan for Google Now! It's the best from Google stable till date I would say. Was amazed to see it's cross platform search functionality. Try this - Do some search through your Laptop browser after logging into Google account, then if you just click the search button in Google now, it'll list all the key words that you had searched using your Laptop browser. Also, very much impressed with the way it automatically identifies your work location and home , I'm quiet sure that I've never mentioned it any where in Google.

But then yeah I think it's a double edged sword - Isn't Google spying on all our activities including our location? (Blame us for the stupidity that we do by accepting all the terms and agreements without going through it)
Old 30th March 2013, 16:07   #14330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Store salesmen will always push customers for these kind of accessories. Well, they could have given you a decent Bluetooth Headset or something similar in that 300 bucks.

I had Googled a lot last month about the MMX Service. There were 50-50 +/- reviews !! Some said that the issues were fixed the very same day, and some said that they never got back their phones from the Service Center. I saw that there is a MMX CheckPoint (That's what they call) Store in Jayanagar, B'lore. May be you can drop in sometime (if on the way) and get a quick essence how good are the people sitting there.

Nevertheless Canvas 2 is still selling like hot cakes and yes, availability is a difficult thing. Congrats again on your new purchase !!

I went for Galaxy Grand after waiting waiting and waiting for the A116 Canvas HD. We could have discussed about these too on our last BHP meet few weeks back.
I forgot to mention that they are giving me a bluetooth headset free.
Thanks for the wishes. There was no news of the 116 at the places I asked.
Yes we could have discussed this but it was not on my radar at that time.

Love the navigation with both google and waze.

Need to get the phone fitted on dashboard or wind shield to keep is visible while driving and at the same time not add a blind spot on external vision. Any ideas?
Old 30th March 2013, 16:22   #14331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
True , Google now is just amazing . It understands where your office and home is and every morning prompts the best route and traffic .

It remembers the Google /other searches . Say I inquired about a flight status , the card sits there on my Google now menu for me to use any time .

Yes, definitely agreed, Google Now is one of the best ways to get local info and the voice search is also really, really fast, especially on 3G.
Old 30th March 2013, 22:45   #14332
Senior - BHPian

picked up the xperia z today from my usual store. exchanged my old 3gs and gave 31k.

picked up white. got the sim cut and the screen guards installed from the shop itself.

glad to be back from the fruity gang.
Old 30th March 2013, 23:19   #14333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post

Yes, definitely agreed, Google Now is one of the best ways to get local info and the voice search is also really, really fast, especially on 3G.
Ever thought that it knows all about you, your taste, likings, etc?
Old 30th March 2013, 23:30   #14334
BHPian

Friends, any news on the Jelly Bean upgrade for the Optimus 4X HD.
All I've need reading is end of this month, and the month ends tomorrow.
Old 30th March 2013, 23:48   #14335
Senior - BHPian

Got a Google Nexus 4 this week. The phone comes with very little apps. But the hardware is pretty good, so we can add some real good apps and they look and perform fantastic on this phone. I am finding it a bit too big for my liking though. Hope I will get used to it.
Old 31st March 2013, 09:18   #14336
BANNED

@vasoo; Congrats. Good that there is not too much junk preloaded - sometimes it becomes a pain to remove.
Old 31st March 2013, 12:42   #14337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes I did, and I don't really mind , it was a little creepy when it was launched, but upon using it, it is not too bad.
Old 31st March 2013, 13:00   #14338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Friends, any news on the Jelly Bean upgrade for the Optimus 4X HD.
All I've need reading is end of this month, and the month ends tomorrow.
Its already leaked.. Check XDA developers.. They have unlocked the bootloader too! So expect millions of custom ROMs.. Even I'm planning to make one for it..
Old 31st March 2013, 13:47   #14339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I did a movie search on a Friday evening once and now I get local show times card every Friday evening . But yes, it's best thing from Google on Android.
Old 31st March 2013, 16:12   #14340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
The phone was not available here in the local market. And few shops had this phone but the quoted 19k fpr this phone. So I ordered the phone from Flipkart. On flipkart I got it for 14.5k I think that is good enough price. As of now I have not updated it but will definitely do it later.
19 k is ridiculous, but even Flipkart prices are usually higher... you probably could have got it bit cheaper elsewhere. What might be a cause for concern is that this phone comes with GB out of the box. I known there is an official ICS update and IIRC Sam has also promised a JB update, but after being betrayed by Sony with its crappy and buggy updates (which they won't even fix), just to keep their promise, I'v become wary. But of course there is the custom ROM route. Bout does anybody know how JB performs on this phone?

Last edited by Raccoon : 31st March 2013 at 16:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks