Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 11:05   #29326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

5 Cameras better than less?

Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition Tops DxOMark Photography Chart With 121 Overall Score, Reigns Supreme in Video Ranking : URL

Interesting trend related to Cameras in the Smartphone industry - how many more cameras will the phone companies add?!
Old 15th November 2019, 10:11   #29327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
The coolest attempt of using foldable display technology by the grandfather of mobile industry:-
That does look cool indeed! Miss my old Razrs now. I even had the D&G version for some time.

But 1500 dollars? Oh man. But still exciting times ahead.
Old 17th November 2019, 21:23   #29328
BHPian

Is the Samsung M30S the best buy in the ~16 K range? I hardly use the camera and just want something with a good screen and a good battery.

Had bought a Mi A3 in August but that flew off my motorcycle today (totally my fault, did not tighten the mount enough). Both the front and back are shattered, so I doubt the service center can put that back together without it costing a tonne of money. Wasn't a fan of the screen or the in screen fingerprint reader though!
Old 18th November 2019, 12:06   #29329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
I hardly use the camera and just want something with a good screen and a good battery.
If those are the priorities then M30s is the best option in my opinion.
Old 19th November 2019, 17:04   #29330
Senior - BHPian

With all phone sizes going north of 6" I chanced upon Nokia 6.1 Plus.

This phone has a 5.8" screen size which is usable with one hand and then I started looking at phones with a size in the range of 5.5" to 5.8". There just isn't anything that comes close to 6.1 Plus.

At 10,000 its a no brainer, I would buy it even if it was at 15,000 but still wanted to ask the learned folks here if there are good phones which have a screen size of 5.5" to 5.8" max. I don't want to play pubg and want a minimal sort of OS without ads etc.

Nokia 6.1 Plus (while its more than a year old) seems to be my only choice, any other recommendations though?

EDIT: I must say this, right now I have an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 and the screen size is just perfect for me. It could be a little bigger but anything crossing 6" is just too much of real estate to carry with me all the time.

Last edited by fine69 : 19th November 2019 at 17:06.
Old 19th November 2019, 18:31   #29331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Nokia 6.1 Plus (while its more than a year old) seems to be my only choice, any other recommendations though?
If budget is no constraint, then you can look at pixel 3a or galaxy s9. Both have small footprint, similar to 6.1 plus.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:02   #29332
Senior - BHPian

My phone (Nokia 6 running Andriod 9) has developed a strange problem. When I am in a call (voice or Whatsapp) and switch on the speaker, then I can't anymore hear the other party speak (they have no trouble hearing me). Once I switch off the speaker, I can hear them again. However, the speaker works fine at other times (YouTube, playing music, games, playing videos or voice notes from Whatsapp etc). Restarting the phone did not help. Any ideas what could be the issue?
Old 21st November 2019, 10:29   #29333
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Got one for my wife (usage limited to basic communication+YouTube+camera) during the last Amazon sale. Phone is snappy as hell and battery life is decent. Seems like it will last another two years without hiccups. For the price, I'd say buy it with eyes closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I bought it for my wife last year and it is holding up well. We have a toddler and the phone has taken the abuse quite well. Xiaomi also released the Widevine update for it and it supports Amazon Prime @FHD as well. For the asking price it's a very good phone. The cameras are also good and GCam is available.
Ended up buying the OnePlus 7T. Was my wedding anniversary last Sunday so the occasion got to me. Bank balance is zero now.

One little issue with the phone. I am unable to install the Mygate app from the playstore. Tried clearing the cache as suggested by Google but it didn't work. It just says "downloading" and does not progress beyond that.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 21st November 2019, 10:44   #29334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Ended up buying the OnePlus 7T. Was my wedding anniversary last Sunday so the occasion got to me. Bank balance is zero now.
One should get carried away sometimes. You got yourself a solid device so there's that.

Quote:
One little issue with the phone. I am unable to install the Mygate app from the playstore. Tried clearing the cache as suggested by Google but it didn't work. It just says "downloading" and does not progress beyond that.

Check if your phone is set to download on a specific data connection type (WiFi only)? Play store acts wonky a few times even if you're using the intended settings.

P.S. What color did you get? I loved the Frosted Silver but it was only available in 128 GB. The blue is nice too, and I'm flaunting it as it's meant to be. No plastic protection (have insurance though).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st November 2019 at 10:47.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:48   #29335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ended up buying the OnePlus 7T.

I am unable to install the Mygate app from the playstore.
If it helps, I am smoothly running MyGate on my OP 7 Pro so should not be a endemic issue.
Old 21st November 2019, 12:21   #29336
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
If it helps, I am smoothly running MyGate on my OP 7 Pro so should not be a endemic issue.
Thanks. The OP forum suggests a factory reset so maybe that is the solution.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/o...-apps.1126216/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Check if your phone is set to download on a specific data connection type (WiFi only)? Play store acts wonky a few times even if you're using the intended settings.

P.S. What color did you get? I loved the Frosted Silver but it was only available in 128 GB. The blue is nice too, and I'm flaunting it as it's meant to be. No plastic protection (have insurance though).
Thanks for the tip, will check that out.

I got the blue one, 256 GB variant. I would have preferred the frosted silver as well, but sadly it was available only in the 128 GB variant. For 2k more, the 256 GB was making better sense.

It's for the better half by the way, I am using the Oppo Reno 10x Zoom (Ocean Green colour).

Last edited by Sheel : 27th November 2019 at 16:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 21st November 2019, 13:42   #29337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to install the Mygate app from the playstore. Tried clearing the cache as suggested by Google but it didn't work. It just says "downloading" and does not progress beyond that.

This happens on my office Wifi but never on my home Wifi. I never figured why (the office Wifi is different, true). The solution has been to disconnect from Wifi and download over mobile data.

My best guess is some firewall/DNS issue affecting the app-backend communication.
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:37   #29338
BHPian

If nothing works download the apk from any app hosting site like apkmirror.
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:51   #29339
Team-BHP Support

Anyone here using the Mi A3? How good or bad is the screen resolution in the real world?
Old 27th November 2019, 15:45   #29340
BHPian

Bixby vision on Samsung S10+

Phone: Samsung S10+. Phone is fantastic but there is this irritating issue that I am not able to resolve. When I open the camera, it has this rather useless Bixby vision and it is located at the left bottom corner (in landscape mode). So when I am taking photos in landscape, accidental touches bring this Bixby up and it starts "checking for updates". I have to cancel and go back twice to camera mode, by which time the moment is gone. Not able to disable Bixby Vision. Force Stop of Bixby vision doesn't help.

Anybody else facing such an issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks