Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2020, 15:59   #29416
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Thank you. My budget is 15k, plus or minus a couple of thousands. This evening I was shown the Oppo A9 2020 at the Croma store. Price was about 17.5k. Looked decent and the sound from the external stereo speakers was good. Any idea about that one? And any phone I buy should be able to last 3-4 years.
I would suggest to go with redmi note 8 pro, its has decent speaker and the MIUI 11 is slick for dual apps. This will be within your budget.

I bought one for my wife its a workhorse with smooth operations.
Old 7th January 2020, 22:44   #29417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Thank you. My budget is 15k, plus or minus a couple of thousands. This evening I was shown the Oppo A9 2020 at the Croma store. Price was about 17.5k. Looked decent and the sound from the external stereo speakers was good. Any idea about that one? And any phone I buy should be able to last 3-4 years.
For a phone to last 3-4 years, you need :

1. Software upgrades
2. Fast storage +expandable storage
3. Big battery
4. Bestselling model so that service/spares are not an issue.
5. Fast ram speeds.
6. Decent camera

Realme,Redmi,Samsung and Asus have the largest online market share.

Oppo A9 is basically Realme5s with usb C port and better speakers. And 7.5k more expensive.
Instead of that go for Samsung.

Otherwise I've listed all the options under 10k-14k that will last 3-4 years and provide the best bang for buck.

If 15k is the budget and you like watching video,get the Samsung M30S with the AMOLED display and 6000 mah battery.
Old 8th January 2020, 00:16   #29418
BHPian

Has anyone found a bug in Google Music on the OP 7 Pro ?

I often find after a drive (on Android Auto) once I unplug the phone the Music starts playing randomly. When I say random, I mean, it should not be playing at that time unless I 'press' play, but it does.

I am not sure of the bug in on the OS or Google Music?
Old 8th January 2020, 00:49   #29419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Instead of that go for Samsung.
Does that 'Samsung' have stereo speakers, which is one of his requirement?
Old 8th January 2020, 08:45   #29420
Senior - BHPian

^^ It doesn't, but that is only a preference, not a requirement. If the music through headphones is nice and the video quality is pleasing, that is good enough. I will most probably pick the Samsung M30s or The Redmi Note 8 as originally shortlisted. Thanks to all who responded.
Old 8th January 2020, 19:50   #29421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah the curved screen was a bit of a letdown for me honestly.

And yes, even the 7T Pro. That looks like a beast of a device. Maybe wait for that to turn up here on some deal.
My bad. Didn't know that the 7T Pro also has a curved screen.

Might have to go for the 7T then. Pricey here.
Old 8th January 2020, 20:12   #29422
Senior - BHPian

I am buying the Samsung M30S for my mom. She needs to transfer her whatsapp messages and media from her iphone 5s to the Samsung. Which is the best way of doing this.
Old 13th January 2020, 13:01   #29423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I am buying the Samsung M30S for my mom. She needs to transfer her whatsapp messages and media from her iphone 5s to the Samsung. Which is the best way of doing this.
There is an option to backup WhatsApp messages to Google drive in Android phones. See if a similar option exists in the iPhone. If so, then its just a matter of restoring the backup from Google drive on the new Samsung.
Old 13th January 2020, 13:39   #29424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
There is an option to backup WhatsApp messages to Google drive in Android phones. See if a similar option exists in the iPhone. If so, then its just a matter of restoring the backup from Google drive on the new Samsung.
I guess BenjiRoss may be out of luck here as transfer from iPhone to iPhone is easier as you can save Whatsapp conversations in iCloud and restore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Isn't there any app on iOS for moving all your stuff from iOS to Android like Apple has their Move to iOS app on android play store?
Old 13th January 2020, 14:27   #29425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
With the all glass body of the phone I strongly recommend that you get one of the bumper cases from the 1+ website (I got the nylon one and it's absolutely gorgeous on the phone and very rugged too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
All good with OP7 here hoping it will stay with me at least for the next 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
As far as cases are concerned, I use a matte black one which I picked up on Amazon. This feels very grippy and is a slim fit one which does not add much to the thickness of the phone. In your case however, the lovely blue colour is best served with a transparent cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Congrats on your new device, its a good choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Sure, I will hold on to the transparent case for a few months. I think it will start yellowing in about 3 months.
OK, its time for a new case as the TPU case which came with the phone has started yellowing. I really like the case for the protection it provides.

So I need suggestions. Would love to have another transparent case but that is no deal-breaker. BTW, if any of your bundled case is lying unused and you want to get rid of, I am willing to buy. That thing is not being sold in the Oneplus store.

I bought a Nillkin peacock blue case (almost all my phones had Nilkkin cases), but I am sending it back because although it looks really beautiful, it is very slippery.
Old 13th January 2020, 14:32   #29426
Distinguished - BHPian

Get a spigen. Absolutely fantastic value for money case that works.
Old 13th January 2020, 16:14   #29427

Quote:
OK, its time for a new case as the TPU case which came with the phone has started yellowing. I really like the case for the protection it provides.
Give it a good wash. There are videos on internet. Good for the environment and the pocket.
Old 14th January 2020, 12:19   #29428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I guess BenjiRoss may be out of luck here as transfer from iPhone to iPhone is easier as you can save Whatsapp conversations in iCloud and restore.

Isn't there any app on iOS for moving all your stuff from iOS to Android like Apple has their Move to iOS app on android play store?
Whatsapp switching between iphone and android seems to be an absolute nightmare. Iphones back it up to icloud and android can only recognise backups from google drive to restore. I also discovered that all the links on google which show 3 (or 4) ways of transferring whatsapp from iphone to android are spam articles aimed at downloading software that is paid. They usually state 2 methods that will NOT work and are free (eg. Just backup to cloud and download from there when you install whatsapp on android)!
I may end up using paid software, but am not sure which one is reliable.

I wonder if Whatsapp has an official way of doing this.
Old 16th January 2020, 15:32   #29429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Give it a good wash. There are videos on internet. Good for the environment and the pocket.
Quote:

Agree with 5hadow. A nice wash with baking powder + Coca Cola will be able to bring it back to its glory days.
Old 16th January 2020, 15:58   #29430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There are apps that detect rooting and refuse to function if running on a rooted device. Usually payment/banking apps, streaming video apps etc. Best to wait if you use apps in these categories.
All the above apps will work on a rooted phone if you have Magisk installed. Magisk Hide is the option you would use to achieve this.

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 07:41. Reason: compacted quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks