Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 17:12   #29341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hey guys, i need a new phone. Only priorities are speed and signal strength. This will be my only phone. Major usage is for calls and whatsapp. I need it to be as lag free as possible. Budget around 15k. Currently using the Mi A1

PS: phone needs to be well built. I handle rough and the phone keeps falling. I have an armour cover for the current one.

Last edited by samaspire : 28th November 2019 at 17:14.
Old 28th November 2019, 18:24   #29342

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hey guys, i need a new phone. Only priorities are speed and signal strength. ....

PS: phone needs to be well built. I handle rough and the phone keeps falling. I have an armour cover for the current one.
Galaxy M30S at 14k should do it.
Old 28th November 2019, 23:53   #29343
BHPian

Dear Friends, I want to announce the sad demise of my one plus 3, after 3 or 4 years of selfless service, the phone last morning did not awake. Try as I might to resuscitate the phone, it just refuses to show any sign of life.
While this may seem insensitive with the timing, I want to look for a new phone.

Any suggestions? Budget 30k, can be more if the phone is VFM
Minimum 6 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM, fast processors, excellent screen, tough built, decent camera and great battery life.

Has anyone tried the Doogee S90? A colleague wants to buy the Doogee and wants me to get the Doogee as well. Any user reviews on this one?
The net reviews are from 5 stars on one site to 3.5 on another - not confidence inspiring.

I'll be arriving Singapore in a couple of days. Any good shop recommendations also welcome. Thanks.
Old 29th November 2019, 00:07   #29344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post

Minimum 6 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM, fast processors, excellent screen, tough built, decent camera and great battery life..
Not enthused by the new OnePlus devices? Serious specs for the money, and given the Pixel 4 twins not coming to India, the closest to a top-spec, near-stock Android experience you can have right now.
Old 29th November 2019, 02:15   #29345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
With all phone sizes going north of 6" I chanced upon Nokia 6.1 Plus.
I have been using this one for more than a year now & being an Android-One device it does get updates pretty quick. However only 1 more year of such updates is left, so you need to keep that in mind. Picked it for 14999 last November. Has been pretty reliable all this while. Even my primary requirement was a compact phone with respectable numbers (RAM, GHz, mAH etc) & this did fit the bill perfectly back then.
Old 29th November 2019, 06:45   #29346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hey guys, i need a new phone. Only priorities are speed and signal strength.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Galaxy M30S at 14k should do it.
The GALAXY M30s will suit all your needs except one, signal strength. Irrespective of the network, the signal strength and hence internet speeds have been really poor on this device. Can hardly get 3 mbps speeds on Jio when other phones can get 10mbps at the same spot and time. Other than that, the battery is amazing. The first phone that can guarantee you a 2 day battery life. And camera is alright, but the screen, its close to flagship levels. You may give a try after checking the signal strength at your place.
Old 29th November 2019, 08:49   #29347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Can hardly get 3 mbps speeds on Jio when other phones can get 10mbps at the same spot and time. Other than that, the battery is amazing. .
Can you provide the name of other phone you had tried. I understand Galaxy M30s has Exynos processor/modem and there are many comparison tests with Snapdragon based 7xx/6xx series phones. By chance did you compare against a Snapdragon phone?
Old 29th November 2019, 10:54   #29348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Can you provide the name of other phone you had tried. I understand Galaxy M30s has Exynos processor/modem and there are many comparison tests with Snapdragon based 7xx/6xx series phones. By chance did you compare against a Snapdragon phone?
Galaxy A9 Pro, with a Snapdragon 652. Don't think its an Exynos issue, its more like a device specific issue, as never had an issue with other Exynos phones
Old 29th November 2019, 12:11   #29349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post

Minimum 6 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM, fast processors, excellent screen, tough built, decent camera and great battery life.
I would think the One Plus 7T would be the obvious choice, or is there something that you are not happy with in re One Plus? I upgraded from OP3 to OP6T, and couldn't have been happier. My only compliant is the lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack, but I make do with the adapter. Otherwise, the 7T should be a fantastic device in the price range that you are talking about.
Old 29th November 2019, 16:11   #29350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Not enthused by the new OnePlus devices? Serious specs for the money, and given the Pixel 4 twins not coming to India, the closest to a top-spec, near-stock Android experience you can have right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I would think the One Plus 7T would be the obvious choice, or is there something that you are not happy with in re One Plus? I upgraded from OP3 to OP6T, and couldn't have been happier. My only compliant is the lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack, but I make do with the adapter. Otherwise, the 7T should be a fantastic device in the price range that you are talking about.
Yes one plus 7T is a no brainer, the audio jack is not an issue for me. Thanks guys.
I too would have suggested the one plus 7 for myself. Most probably I'll end up with a One plus 7T.

I just wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience on the Doogee phone with the full pack.
Old 30th November 2019, 11:26   #29351
BHPian

Is Google Pixel 4 launched in India ? If not any idea when is it getting launched ? Will it work if I get it from outside India ?
Old 30th November 2019, 11:34   #29352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Is Google Pixel 4 launched in India ? If not any idea when is it getting launched ? Will it work if I get it from outside India ?
They're using radar for facial recognition and gestures, on frequencies that aren't available for public use in India.

Even if you get an international variant, it will be feature-compromised to use. Not worth the trouble.
Old 30th November 2019, 12:08   #29353
BHPian

Folks,

Any first hand review of OP 7T? I wanted to upgrade from MI note5 pro as camera disappoints on HDR shots.

Many online reviews talk about poor HDR on OP7T. Did you folks feels so? Appreciate if few snaps can be shared for reference. My priorities are

- AMOLED display (Was using Galaxy S4 before and I still miss that in note 5 pro)
- Fantastic camera (Preferably with wide angle)
- Low SAR value

Regards
SE
Old 30th November 2019, 12:12   #29354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Even if you get an international variant, it will be feature-compromised to use. Not worth the trouble.

As clarified by Sh. Chetan, it will not work in India. If i recall correctly, BeeBom (Youtube Channel) did a video on the same for confirmation.
Old 30th November 2019, 13:25   #29355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Any first hand review of OP 7T? I wanted to upgrade from MI note5 pro as camera disappoints on HDR..
While considering a new phone these days, I rarely look for stock camera app performance. All I check is a SD chipset and Sony IMX sensor combination with Camera2API enabled. If it is the case, one can simply use the ported GCam on the phone.
GCam unquestionably provides the far superior HDR performance with very realistic colors and sharpness. It has been 2 years since I used stock camera on any of the phones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks