Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 16:36   #29191
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

He feels the iPhone 6 is big for him, and you recommend something bigger and heavier than the iPhone 6?
Old 30th September 2019, 17:07   #29192
Team-BHP Support

The 7T is a fabulous phone! Checked out the demo pieces at the experience store on the weekend, and the higher 90Hz refresh rate of the screen makes it a really smooth device visually, compared side-by-side with the same device set to 60Hz refresh rate. Specs are top notch, and ~40k for the 8 GB RAM/256 GB storage option just about keeps it on the edge of VFM.

If size/weight wasn't a deal-breaker for me, I'd have bought one (the dark silver/grey color looks really good in person, it's only available on the 128 GB variant though).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th September 2019 at 17:10.
Old 30th September 2019, 17:54   #29193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The 7T is a fabulous phone! Checked out the demo pieces at the experience store on the weekend, and the higher 90Hz refresh rate of the screen makes it a really smooth device visually, compared side-by-side with the same device set to 60Hz refresh rate. Specs are top notch, and ~40k for the 8 GB RAM/256 GB storage option just about keeps it on the edge of VFM.

I am waiting to see what will be new in the 7T Pro and the Mclaren edition, what's in the box with the Mclaren edition is what I am really interested in, with the 6T edition they had included a carbon fiber piece, lets see what is given this time.
Old 30th September 2019, 18:26   #29194
BHPian

Esteemed BHPians - Does the Nokia 6.1+ still make sense. If I am correct it will get the next 2 updates as it came with Pie as far as what i have read on net. Somehow I feel it was launched with Oreo but not too sure on this.

Its available for 9.9 K in Amazon and with cashback and exchange will cost around 5 K which is a steal I feel. I am specifically looking at 6 GB version.

Nokia 7.1 which is available with a better screen supporting HDR+ will be a better option for media consumption is about 2.2 K costlier and the hardware remains same for rest of components. 6 GB version is not available anywhere.

The money saved can be used to get a smart band like Mi4 or Honor 5 which I am eyeing anyway. Any idea if there are any better smart bands planned for launch next quarter then I can wait.

I currently have a Mi A1 and it has started showing age and security updates would stop post Andriod 10 is rolled out. Nokia 6.1+ and 7.1 are just the right size and hardware too is better than A1. Camera isn't too much of a concern as I never warmed up to mobile photography. To get anywhere close to bridge/SLR quality one would need to pick up a phone in 30-40 K range. I started using smart phones since 2012 and have till now resisted buying anything costlier than 15 K yet.

Also aptx support is a must as I consume a lot of music/calls through Bluetooth. Reviews suggest both 6.1+/7.1 support apt x

Thoughts please.
Old 30th September 2019, 18:42   #29195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am too contemplating picking up a Note 9 from UAE costing only 40k INR for the UAE version. Is there any feature that would not work in India? I will activate/region unlock the phone by using a local SIM. But will there be any other disadvantage?
Quoting my old post. I went ahead and bought the Note 9 from Dubai at approx. 42k. The phone was region locked and I used a local SIM to make an outgoing call for 10 minutes. Its working without any issues in India ( have used it for a week now). I feel it is a steal at 40k if you like the Note series.
Old 30th September 2019, 19:00   #29196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Esteemed BHPians - Does the Nokia 6.1+ still make sense. If I am correct it will get the next 2 updates as it came with Pie as far as what i have read on net. Somehow I feel it was launched with Oreo but not too sure on this.

Its available for 9.9 K in Amazon and with cashback and exchange will cost around 5 K which is a steal I feel. I am specifically looking at 6 GB version.

Nokia 7.1 which is available with a better screen supporting HDR+ will be a better option for media consumption is about 2.2 K costlier and the hardware remains same for rest of components. 6 GB version is not available anywhere.

The money saved can be used to get a smart band like Mi4 or Honor 5 which I am eyeing anyway. Any idea if there are any better smart bands planned for launch next quarter then I can wait.

I currently have a Mi A1 and it has started showing age and security updates would stop post Andriod 10 is rolled out. Nokia 6.1+ and 7.1 are just the right size and hardware too is better than A1. Camera isn't too much of a concern as I never warmed up to mobile photography. To get anywhere close to bridge/SLR quality one would need to pick up a phone in 30-40 K range. I started using smart phones since 2012 and have till now resisted buying anything costlier than 15 K yet.

Also aptx support is a must as I consume a lot of music/calls through Bluetooth. Reviews suggest both 6.1+/7.1 support apt x

Thoughts please.
Yes it is a great phone. The form factor is Just right. You can reach the edges without stretching your digits.
Apt X is for music, I think and both phones have this. You need the right earphones to get aptxhd.
Volte is for calls and the 6.1+ supports it on both Sims.
For the great price it is a great phone.
Hope this helps
Old 1st October 2019, 07:34   #29197
BHPian

Is there an Android application which shall read out text?

There is a lot of reading to be done so was thinking if I can just put the article on the app and it reads out to me. Moreover, even our Team BHP reviews etc could be put on and it reads out.
Old 1st October 2019, 08:56   #29198
BHPian

Anybody got M30s this sale? Any feedback? Planning to get one.
Old 1st October 2019, 09:19   #29199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
The phone is good, the display is awesome.
Basically I do not play games on my phone but I am a heavy user and the fast charging is really helpful. Do let my know if you need more inputs.

I use my phones for at least 3 years and then if it is a Samsung it goes for a battery replacement and is used as a secondary phone by mom or dad. Basically we are a Samsung family and even my 3 year old Samsung on touchwiz is as snappy as it was on day one. Had purchased MI phones but did not like them at all so all of them were sold 1. Due to ads 2. The build quality is not really good.

I was really in a conundrum to switch my father's S8 for iPhone X and handover the S8 to mom or get mom a new S9 but the fear of getting trapped in apple ecosystem was a lot so just got an S9 for mom too. Sometimes people complain that Samsung flagship gets laggy overtime but flushing the system once a year is all that it needs and the phone is as snappy as it was on day one.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to share my experience.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:11   #29200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
The phone is good, the display is awesome.
Basically I do not play games on my phone but I am a heavy user and the fast charging is really helpful. Do let my know if you need more inputs.
Thanks.
How do you find the Rear Camera? saw a couple of reviews that it's kind of giving low res images?
Old 1st October 2019, 11:06   #29201
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
How do you find the Rear Camera? saw a couple of reviews that it's kind of giving low res images?
If I compare it with my friends MI note 7 pro, it is better undoubtedly but it would not be fair on my part as the successor is just around the corner.

Yes, when you see the finest of details at the edge of photos it is not very clear but the photos are punchy and the low lighting photos are really good and sometimes the pictures have cool effect but if you really know how to use the pro mode the photos are really good and as a workaround you can install Google camera.

Loudly shouting that it is a 64 mp camera by the company is just in the steps of MI where the sensor stitches 12 mp pictures if I am not wrong and i don't think the comparison would be even justified if I do it with S8 or S9 which when launched costed at least 4 times and a year later cost twice.
Old 1st October 2019, 11:09   #29202
BHPian

Quote:
I got one for my wife. Device is pretty snappy. My wife used to charge her previous phone Redmi Y1 twice a day. This one she has not charged since it was fully charged on Monday morning going at 76% today morning. DIsplay is good and camera both front and back are good. The details in shots are really good.
Old 1st October 2019, 12:08   #29203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ordered one for wife! Can't believe I bought a Samsung. Thought I left them long back - buying Apple (quite a long time back, but after my last Samsung - left that as well), Oppo, Vivo, LG, etc recently - but no Samsung.

A few major things seem to have changed recently, now when I'm checking Samsung in 2019. Started looking for Redmi and Vivo options now, but ended up ordering the Samsung.

1. They've become super VFM in pricing and specs at the lower end. 91% screen, 6GB RAM, 128GB, 6000mAH battery - All for 15.3k (including SBI card discount - didn't exchange old phone as better offers are available elsewhere). Looks like the threat from MI, Oppo and Vivo have forced them to act soon.
2. Still retains that beautiful sAMOLED FHD+ screen in this price point. Wife, for one, never lost her love for Samsung screens.
3. Old laggy, bloatware loaded Touchwiz UI seems to be gone. One UI now which seems much better.
4. Has all the basics covered. 3.5mm jack still there, triple camera setup (which she wouldn't probably use but the wide-angle is nice to have!), etc.

Will arrive in a couple of days.
Old 1st October 2019, 14:12   #29204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
If I compare it with my friends MI note 7 pro, it is better undoubtedly but it would not be fair on my part as the successor is just around the corner.

Yes, when you see the finest of details at the edge of photos it is not very clear but the photos are punchy and the low lighting photos are really good and sometimes the pictures have cool effect but if you really know how to use the pro mode the photos are really good and as a workaround you can install Google camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I got one for my wife. Device is pretty snappy. My wife used to charge her previous phone Redmi Y1 twice a day. This one she has not charged since it was fully charged on Monday morning going at 76% today morning. DIsplay is good and camera both front and back are good. The details in shots are really good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ordered one for wife! .....
Will arrive in a couple of days.
Thank you all for your feedback.

Last edited by diogo : 1st October 2019 at 14:16.
Old 1st October 2019, 16:19   #29205
Senior - BHPian

Samsung has launched the galaxy fold in India at a price tag of 165000 for the lone 12GB RAM + 512GB variant. Phone comes in Cosmos black color and is bundled with Galaxy buds earphones. It is available for pre order from oct 4th and shipping starts from the 20th.

More details and technical specifications from Gadgets NDTV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks