Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 07:42   #29131
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hey guys,
Looking for a Android phone at around 10k. Which phones are value for money?

Thanks,
Ramki
You can try looking between Mi A3(Android One+ Good camera), Samsung M20 /M30(brand + big battery), Redmi Note 7s/7 Pro(Good camera+ fast+ VFM). I'd also suggest you identify something in 15k range, and be on lookout during next week's Big sale from Amazon and Flipkart, where you can get 3-4k discount for card offer, exchange etc.
Old 22nd September 2019, 07:55   #29132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
You can try looking between Mi A3(Android One+ Good camera), Samsung M20 /M30(brand + big battery), Redmi Note 7s/7 Pro(Good camera+ fast+ VFM). I'd also suggest you identify something in 15k range, and be on lookout during next week's Big sale from Amazon and Flipkart, where you can get 3-4k discount for card offer, exchange etc.
MI A3 is an amazing phone. Been using it for few weeks now. Nokia Android Ones are also good but don't have AMOLED display which is much better than many others. Samsung M30 plus is going to launch soon so that is probably going to be a popular choice.
Old 22nd September 2019, 08:47   #29133
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hey guys,
Looking for a Android phone at around 10k. Which phones are value for money?

Thanks,
Ramki
Wait for the Samsung M30S, looks pretty good for the price (14k for the base variant, should be lower after discounts during the Amazon Great Indian Festival which is going to begin next week).
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:41   #29134
BHPian

Does anybody know if DSDS is available for the Pixel 3a, after the Android 10 update.

I am planning to use an airtel eSIM and an IDEA physical SIM.
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:44   #29135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
MI A3 is an amazing phone.
What is opinion on the screen quality? Lots of reviewers are unhappy with resolution as well as quality. How do you find its performance while watching videos as well as using it in the sunlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Does anybody know if DSDS is available for the Pixel 3a, after the Android 10 update.

I am planning to use an airtel eSIM and an IDEA physical SIM.
Don't have first hand experience, but the news reports have mentioned that the pixel 3A has enabled duel sim with Android 10. One is eSIM and other physical.

Folks, query to all members.

I am looking to buy a handset in the upcoming Flipkart / Amazon sale. Below is what I am looking for.
1. OLED screen
2. 4gb / 64 gb
3. Must be under 72 mm, width
4. Excellent camera.
5. Budget, under 30k.
6. Headphone jack. won't like to carry connector everywhere as I have kept different headphones at diff places and like to use anyone which is near to me

With these, only few devices I can find. Top contenders are Pixel 3a, Galaxy S9 and Mi A3.

I know A3 are and other two are different segments. But they meet all the above. And before anyone points out to the camera in A3, I will say it has same sensor as Xiaomi's current flagship K20 and can say instead of using the native camera app, I can use Google camera app from XDA. That gives excellent results (I use the Google camera app in Poco, and the pictures are very good). The only issue with A3 is the doubt related to screen quality.

In the upcoming sale, both Pixel 3A and Galaxy S9 are available for 30k. I have used near stock android in the form of Lineage OS in my earlier device. It is nice UI but it is not a must have for me. So if anyone has any first hand views on these two devices, please share.
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:04   #29136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
What is opinion on the screen quality? Lots of reviewers are unhappy with resolution as well as quality. How do you find its performance while watching videos as well as using it in the sunlight?
The screen resolution is amoled and not super amoled. In sunlight, all amoled displays show their cons. However, for normal viewing the display is really good.

I see the phones that you contemplating are thrice the price of A3. For 12999/- A3 makes the best choice albeit Xiomi should have offered Super Amoled and Fast Charging.
Old 23rd September 2019, 13:44   #29137
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

I am looking to buy a handset in the upcoming Flipkart / Amazon sale.
I believe, for only 1k more, the Samsung M30S offers much more value than the Mi A3.
Old 23rd September 2019, 13:55   #29138
BHPian

Quote:
1. OLED screen
2. 4gb / 64 gb
4. Excellent camera.
5. Budget, under 30k.
6. Headphone jack. won't like to carry connector everywhere as I have kept different headphones at diff places and like to use anyone which is near to me
Among the choices, I would pick the Pixel 3a, its a decent package with a wonderful camera. The S9 has a beautiful screen and camera but then its old now, and Android 10 will be its last major update.

If you can overcome point no 6, I would recommend a OnePlus 7 over both of them. Its faster and is cheaper than the Pixel 3a. The screen is made by Samsung, so no issues there too.
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:55   #29139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Redmi K20 Pro, Note 7S India prices cut for Diwali sale: Check the new prices and offer details
Base Variant : 128 GB/6 GB at 23,499*
Top Variant : 256 GB/8 GB at 26,499*
*Includes additional 10% Off up to 1,500 using HDFC Card

Further Xiaomi has announced that Android 10 would be released in October for all Users.
Bought K20 Pro 128GB/6GB last week and paid 27K after the discount. Have not opened the box yet. Better I return this and place new order next week
Is this confirmed news?
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:06   #29140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Bought K20 Pro 128GB/6GB last week and paid 27K after the discount. Have not opened the box yet. Better I return this and place new order next week
Is this confirmed news?
Wait for one more week and it may go down to as low as 19999/- for the base model.

PS: Not a verified news but from someone who works for the vendor.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:24   #29141
BHPian

Quote:
I see the phones that you contemplating are thrice the price of A3. For 12999/- A3 makes the best choice albeit Xiomi should have offered Super Amoled and Fast Charging.
I think fast charging is there. It shows QC 3.0 18w charging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I believe, for only 1k more, the Samsung M30S offers much more value than the Mi A3.
This would fail in the Camera department. The top notch Sony sensors are there is some of the flagships and selected Xiaomi devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
If you can overcome point no 6, I would recommend a OnePlus 7 over both of them. Its faster and is cheaper than the Pixel 3a. The screen is made by Samsung, so no issues there too.
Oneplus 7 would be a wide device. Earlier I used Oneplus X, a device with width less than 70. It was perfect for my hands and it survived many falls with simple plastic case. Then I moved to Poco F1. But as it was wider device, I was using it without case to keep handling comfortable. One fall, and it's screen developed a crack. I am giving this to a relative and have decided to buy smallish phone, which will be comfortable for hands.

Quote:
Bought K20 Pro 128GB/6GB
Is this confirmed news?
Flipkart lists it at around 25k during the BBD sale. So I think with discount cashback it would be less than 24k. But I am not sure if returns are applicable now as only if there is manufacturing defect, they allow returns of the delivered mobiles.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:31   #29142
BHPian

Quote:
Is this confirmed news?
If its from Flipkart, you are only eligible for a replacement. No refunds once it is delivered.

Last edited by civic-sense : 23rd September 2019 at 15:38.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:52   #29143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this confirmed news?
I think Flipkart is not friendly towards Returns - so it may not be possible but try your luck and let us know.

Quote:
Wait for one more week and it may go down to as low as 19999/- for the base model. PS: Not a verified news but from someone who works for the vendor.
Wow - now you are getting me worried - but it does look possible since we have Diwali also coming up end of the month. However, if they move this to 19.9 K, then what do they do with the K20 Non Pro model? Or maybe your news is about the K20 Non Pro version itself (the Plain K20) that runs on Snapdragon 730.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
If its from Flipkart, you are only eligible for a replacement. No refunds once it is delivered.
Yes - this is my understanding as well.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 23rd September 2019 at 15:55.
Old 23rd September 2019, 17:43   #29144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Wow - now you are getting me worried - but it does look possible since we have Diwali also coming up end of the month. However, if they move this to 19.9 K, then what do they do with the K20 Non Pro model? Or maybe your news is about the K20 Non Pro version itself (the Plain K20) that runs on Snapdragon 730.
Talking about the K20 pro. The guy works with the vendor for Flipkart. Still it would not be wise to worry as these decisions are quite volatile and ephemeral as well.
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:20   #29145
BHPian

Quote:

Don't have first hand experience, but the news reports have mentioned that the pixel 3A has enabled duel sim with Android 10. One is eSIM and other physical.

I am looking to buy a handset in the upcoming Flipkart / Amazon sale. Below is what I am looking for.
1. OLED screen
2. 4gb / 64 gb
4. Excellent camera.
5. Budget, under 30k.

With these, only few devices I can find. Top contenders are Pixel 3a, Galaxy S9 and Mi A3.

I know A3 are and other two are different segments. But they meet all the above. And before anyone points out to the camera in A3, I will say it has same sensor as Xiaomi's current flagship K20 and can say instead of using the native camera app, I can use Google camera app from XDA. That gives excellent results (I use the Google camera app in Poco, and the pictures are very good). The only issue with A3 is the doubt related to screen quality. .
Have you considered Samsung A50? I have been using it for a month or so. My short review is in this thread couple of pages back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks