Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2019, 19:07   #29041
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Had anyone bought or used Redmi K20 Pro? I feel its a solid hardware for the price (if you ignore MIUI quirks).
Any feedback is really useful. Was considering OnePlus 7 (not Pro) but considering both K20 Pro and it have very similarly speced with around 4-5K price differential, I am leaning towards K20 Pro. Heard also that K20 Pro doesn't have ads in MIUI as it comes with Poco Launcher
The reviews I watched mentioned that the K20 Pro DOES have ads, but not full screen ads like other Redmi phones. And, if you are that kind of person who intend to use the phone for ~3 years or so, I'd suggest that you pick a model from the 1+ stable. They do age exceptionally well and the timely updates keep the phones butter smooth for a long time.

The K20 Pro sure is an awesome choice, but the Oxygen OS in the 1+ is a simply a beast!
Old 31st July 2019, 12:36   #29042
BHPian

Has anyone bought the Asus 6Z? Specs and price are very good and reviews look fine. I want to see if anyone is using it or knows someone who is using it currently.
Old 31st July 2019, 14:57   #29043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I have a Poco F1 and it does have ads in it. Very annoying

Put a 3rd party launcher that mimics Pixel interface. Things are better now.
I too have a Poco F1, but installed Google Files, Google Photos and Nova Launcher Prime on day one and use them rather than the stock apps. I have to say I haven't noticed any ads until now.
Old 31st July 2019, 17:11   #29044
BHPian

Anyone here ever faced Whatsapp error, where certain messages won't open and WA closes, giving the option of restarting/send feedback? What's the solution?

Agreed, I was trying to use WA on a 1GB RAM'd phone, but then I couldn't transfer the app on SD card.
Phone= Karbonn A9 Indian.

P.S. This phone is totally smashworthy. How I have resisted myself from flinging it out of my window, is unbelievable
Old 31st July 2019, 19:17   #29045
BANNED

A quick points:

What phones are available with 5G capabilities? What are coming in the next couple of months.
Old 1st August 2019, 13:36   #29046
Team-BHP Support

May need a replacement for the slick Nokia 8. Have had 2 camera unit replacements which were covered in warranty period back then and yesterday a blank display was diagnosed to a loose connector (would have mostly have happened due to drops in the past).

Head v/s Head decision:
Get a mid ranger Redmi Note 7 Pro / Motorola One Power / Samsung A50 or go the whole hog and get the OnePlus 7?
Old 1st August 2019, 16:40   #29047
Senior - BHPian

So after ages, the LG v40 finally gets Android Pie with the July patch. LG really should get their update schedule on track. It's been abysmal over the past few years even for their so called flagships.
Old 1st August 2019, 19:03   #29048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So after ages, the LG v40 finally gets Android Pie with the July patch. LG really should get their update schedule on track. It's been abysmal over the past few years even for their so called flagships.
No such luck for lg v30 plus yet 😥. LG V series phones are awesome, but LG is pathetic with their software update.
Old 1st August 2019, 19:11   #29049
Senior - BHPian

LG indeed has a very dismissal update record. And not from now but right from their G2/G3 days. Other wise accomplished devices, I actually moved to a different brand many years ago purely because of their slow update policy/record.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2019 at 17:33. Reason: there > their.
Old 1st August 2019, 22:00   #29050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Head v/s Head decision:
Get a mid ranger Redmi Note 7 Pro / Motorola One Power / Samsung A50 or go the whole hog and get the OnePlus 7?
Among the first three, I'd pick the Moto anyday. The Note
7 Pro is the most VFM among the three, but the near to stock OS experience in Moto combined with that humongous battery would get my vote. And about the OnePlus 7...

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20190801215850__01.jpg
Old 2nd August 2019, 08:47   #29051
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Head v/s Head decision:
Been hearing a bit about hardware issues in Nokia.

Both decisions are 2X [price difference apart]. If you keep your phone for a longer period, OP makes sense, but with 5G looming, I won't invest much in a phone for now and will wait for 5G to go mainstream and will buy something which won't bother me.

Will suggest you to get a Poco F1 for now.
Old 2nd August 2019, 09:09   #29052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Been hearing a bit about hardware issues in Nokia.

Both decisions are 2X [price difference apart]. If you keep your phone for a longer period, OP makes sense, but with 5G looming, I won't invest much in a phone for now and will wait for 5G to go mainstream and will buy something which won't bother me.

Will suggest you to get a Poco F1 for now.
Does Poco F1 still makes sense in current market? I know it's still is a compelling buy due to its 845 processor though. But it's pretty ordinary design, big notch and LCD screen is a downer. Don't you think?
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:20   #29053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
but with 5G looming, I won't invest much in a phone for now and will wait for 5G to go mainstream and will buy something which won't bother me.
I too was wondering about 5G. How soon is it expected? Is it expected to be mainstream in the next 1 year?

And is it going to be cost effective very soon? 4G launch rates were not high because operators desperately wanted to get off 3G.
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:30   #29054
BHPian

Quote:
May need a replacement for the slick Nokia 8. Have had 2 camera unit replacements which were covered in warranty period back then and yesterday a blank display was diagnosed to a loose connector (would have mostly have happened due to drops in the past).

Head v/s Head decision:
Just get the Oneplus 7. Its a no brainer. You are guaranteed a minimum of 3 years of stress free experience. The amazon sale is around the corner. You could hook up one below 30k with cashback and offers.
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:30   #29055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Does Poco F1 still makes sense in the current market? I know it's still is a compelling buy due to its 845 processor though. But it's pretty ordinary design, a big notch and the LCD screen is a downer. Don't you think?
I don't care about design as I always use a good cover from Spigen or Kapaver. The big notch is a blessing as face unlock always works, like checking my phone at 4 AM.
The screen is a big downer after you accidentally visit a store to checkout OP7 or RM K20 with HDR screens. L1 or not, there is a drastic quality difference while watching videos.
If you spend time on YouTube/NF/PV and aren't into gaming, buy SD 710 phones with AMOLED displays with HDR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks