Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 11:21   #29026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Regular FLACs are lossless and are equated with CD Quality. 16bits and 44khz files.

Hi-Res would be 24bits & 32bits and 96khz, 192khz, 284khz.

Then you have DSDs and DSFs which go even higher.

But the most important part of all this is the original master and the audio equipment at hand.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:45   #29027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly are "high res flacs" (as opposed to "low res flacs?") ?! Aren't FLACs lossless by definition?
You can find a whole industry selling this stuff.

The assertion is that a higher sampling rate and bit depth literal makes for better, more detailed music. Much of this is audiophoolery, but...

It may be that when music is remastered specifically for "high-res" issue, that the mastering may be better. For instance, it may be mastered for dynamic range, not loudness.

As per previous post: it is the master that matters.
Old 25th July 2019, 12:03   #29028
Senior - BHPian

Need recommendations for mobile phone for my father.
Budget - Max 10k.
Preferably full HD display. Minimum 4000mah battery. Camera quality isn't a factor.

Been considering Samsung M20 as my own experience with Samsung A50 has been great so far. That's why have some confidence in Samsung now.
Anything better in this range?
Old 25th July 2019, 12:17   #29029
BHPian

I'm currently using the CASEU Tempered glass (from Amazon) for my 1+7. Though the installation, protection etc. are excellent, the in display fingerprint scanner is not snappy after installation. Tried inputting the fingerprints after the installation and still the response is poor. And the black edges of the protector does project into the screen a little bit. Looking for alternatives, any suggestions?
Old 25th July 2019, 17:05   #29030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I'm currently using the CASEU Tempered glass (from Amazon) for my 1+7. Though the installation, protection etc. are excellent, the in display fingerprint scanner is not snappy after installation. Tried inputting the fingerprints after the installation and still the response is poor. And the black edges of the protector does project into the screen a little bit. Looking for alternatives, any suggestions?
You really don't need a screen protector these days. Gorilla glass is scratch proof, and if you are reasonably careful, you won't break the screen.
Old 25th July 2019, 17:37   #29031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
You really don't need a screen protector these days.
I would like to disagree! I was taking a selfie using a generic selfie stick with my Samsung Note 9 when the phone slipped out and fell to the hard concrete floor, a fall of about 6' 6" .

I expected the screen to be shattered but the back case and tempered glass took the hit. The tempered glass was shattered but the screen was intact. The Spigen case survived with a few minute scratches.
Since then I swear by tempered glass.
Old 25th July 2019, 18:27   #29032
BHPian

Managed to get the Type C to 3.5mm connector from the 1+ site before stocks ran out.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20190725_175254.jpg

The thickness of wire is pretty low unlike the charging cable. Audio output is satisfactory.
Old 26th July 2019, 15:24   #29033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Any LG V40 users here on the forum? I am eyeing the LG v40 thinq, primarily for the 'usable' triple focal length cameras. Am using a Mi A1 now, have been happy with stock android , performance (I don't play games) and camera is also fine except that its aperture a lil bit narrower (about f2.2 at wide end). Having got used the flexibility of switching between wide and tele lenses, I coudn't find any other phone within 30k that offers similar practicality.

Would like to know fellow tech-bhpians ( ) opinions on LG V40 or alternatives if any.
Cheers.
Redmi K20 Pro seems to have both Telephoto and Ultrawide lens. You can consider that.
Old 26th July 2019, 19:15   #29034
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Budget - Max 10k.
Preferably full HD display. Minimum 4000mah battery. Camera quality isn't a factor.

Been considering Samsung M20 as my own experience with Samsung A50 has been great so far. That's why have some confidence in Samsung now.
Though a bit old now, have heard good things about the Honor 8X. You might want to check that out.
Old 29th July 2019, 14:35   #29035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Managed to get the Type C to 3.5mm connector from the 1+ site before stocks ran out.

The thickness of wire is pretty low unlike the charging cable. Audio output is satisfactory.
Thanks for the post and the feedback. After i saw your post i ordered the cable for Op7,My Apple earpods were useless as there was no 3.5mm jack on the phone. Can get back to using them now
Old 30th July 2019, 07:38   #29036
BHPian

Why no Matte Screen option on phones?!

All sorts of improvements/innovations keep on happening to phones with amazing frequency these days, but, amazingly, nothing about matte displays for some reason! We have it on our laptops/PCs, -- why not on phones too? I find reflections on glossy screens incredibly distracting and annoying, and pine for a matte screen on my phone. Is it only me?! What do you guys think?
Old 30th July 2019, 08:06   #29037
BHPian

Re: Why no Matte Screen option on phones?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
... I find reflections on glossy screens incredibly distracting and annoying, and pine for a matte screen on my phone. Is it only me?! What do you guys think?
I agree.

The glossy screen makes colors look brighter and more vivid, and this is the reason manufacturers provide a glossy screen by default.
Its hard to even find matte screenguards in the local shops, whether for phones or laptops.

Time for a poll?
Old 30th July 2019, 11:16   #29038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Redmi K20 Pro seems to have both Telephoto and Ultrawide lens. You can consider that.
Had anyone bought or used Redmi K20 Pro? I feel its a solid hardware for the price (if you ignore MIUI quirks).
Any feedback is really useful. Was considering OnePlus 7 (not Pro) but considering both K20 Pro and it have very similarly speced with around 4-5K price differential, I am leaning towards K20 Pro. Heard also that K20 Pro doesn't have ads in MIUI as it comes with Poco Launcher
Old 30th July 2019, 12:31   #29039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Budget - Max 10k.

Asus Zenfone max Pro m1.
Old 30th July 2019, 16:58   #29040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Had anyone bought or used Redmi K20 Pro? I feel its a solid hardware for the price (if you ignore MIUI quirks).
Any feedback is really useful. Was considering OnePlus 7 (not Pro) but considering both K20 Pro and it have very similarly speced with around 4-5K price differential, I am leaning towards K20 Pro. Heard also that K20 Pro doesn't have ads in MIUI as it comes with Poco Launcher
I have a Poco F1 and it does have ads in it. Very annoying

Put a 3rd party launcher that mimics Pixel interface. Things are better now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks