Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 09:03   #14026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
One doubt i have is, should i use Baseband switcher? Mobile is on Tata Docomo 2g, i am not facing any signal problem but in system information i notice there is a slight change in baseband version.
In default motorola rom, baseband was EPU93_U_00.60.03
But in WIUI Rom, its EPU93_U_00.60.00

Will this slight change in baseband harm my phone in anyway? please reply...
If you are not facing any problem, you should not change it.
Old 8th March 2013, 09:13   #14027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Last week i rooted my four months old Motorola Defy Plus and installed latest GB build of WIUI, I must say MIUI android is pure awesomeness I feel that i should have done it earlier.

I am getting more than 50 hours backup which is very good i think.

One doubt i have is, should i use Baseband switcher? Mobile is on Tata Docomo 2g, i am not facing any signal problem but in system information i notice there is a slight change in baseband version.
In default motorola rom, baseband was EPU93_U_00.60.03
But in WIUI Rom, its EPU93_U_00.60.00

Will this slight change in baseband harm my phone in anyway? please reply...
Baseband switcher is a great app on the Defy/Defy+. Regarding basebands, its best to do a trial and error before finalizing on any basebands. At 50 hours backup, I think your current baseband is doing a fine job. No need to change it
Old 8th March 2013, 11:08   #14028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Set the phone to airplane mode before handing it to your kids.
Thanks. I dont want to turn off the radio. Looks like there isn't anything and will be good motivation to write an app
Old 8th March 2013, 21:29   #14029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks. I dont want to turn off the radio. Looks like there isn't anything and will be good motivation to write an app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...opselling_free
Old 8th March 2013, 21:50   #14030
Distinguished - BHPian

So is samsung ever going to release the jelly bean update for the Galaxy s2 in India? Been over a month now since the announcement.
Old 8th March 2013, 21:51   #14031
BHPian

Re: Old TOI app?

Is there a way i can go back to the old version of TOI app? The latest is troublesome and crashes very often.
Old 8th March 2013, 22:03   #14032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way i can go back to the old version of TOI app? The latest is troublesome and crashes very often.
I exactly know what you mean. I was a big fan of the app until it started crashing. The only way is if you can find the apk of one of the older versions. Google for it and check. The current problematic version is 1.1.3.
Old 8th March 2013, 23:11   #14033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So is samsung ever going to release the jelly bean update for the Galaxy s2 in India? Been over a month now since the announcement.
Few pages back i found this,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Running Samsung's official JB rom on my Galaxy S II. Flashed using Odin. Phone is super smooth now.
PM him and ask the procedure and enjoy JB on your phone too.

OT-Finally updated signature
Old 9th March 2013, 00:26   #14034
BHPian

Saw the Xperia Z advert on TV today. Sony thinks Ms. Kaif is the deciding factor for us folk to plonk 40 odd thousands for a phone. Such a lazy campaign, at least be creative.

Take a point from Nokia, although their adverts are boring at least they tell you about the phone. Or even from Samsung who although play back ground music like some one is crying most of their adverts are informative. Apple has the best ads out there, very to the point.

A bit OT - Do celebrities really sell products, would you buy a Xperia Z because Ms. Kaif endorses it or for that matter the i10 coz of Shahrukh or say if tomorrow TATA motors decide to put all the Kapoors and the Khans and the Bachans in a nano or a Manza would you be running to a dealership to get one.
Old 9th March 2013, 00:45   #14035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Few pages back i found this,

PM him and ask the procedure and enjoy JB on your phone too.

OT-Finally updated signature
Finally was able to update kies on my pc and then it showed the firmware update too and successfully completed it. Bit slow for my liking but went smooth overall. Finally running 4.0.4. Waiting for the 4.1.2 to release soon in India now. The phone feels so fresh and new after the update.
Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited by drmohitg : 9th March 2013 at 00:52.
Old 9th March 2013, 02:46   #14036
BHPian

Any A110 owners who got the official JB update? wondering why we need to take it to service center for the update instead of over the air.
Old 9th March 2013, 09:14   #14037
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Saw the Xperia Z advert on TV today. Sony thinks Ms. Kaif is the deciding factor for us folk to plonk 40 odd thousands for a phone. Such a lazy campaign, at least be creative.

Take a point from Nokia, although their adverts are boring at least they tell you about the phone. Or even from Samsung who although play back ground music like some one is crying most of their adverts are informative. Apple has the best ads out there, very to the point.

A bit OT - Do celebrities really sell products, would you buy a Xperia Z because Ms. Kaif endorses it or for that matter the i10 coz of Shahrukh or say if tomorrow TATA motors decide to put all the Kapoors and the Khans and the Bachans in a nano or a Manza would you be running to a dealership to get one.
The actual ad hasn't started yet. It will be after 12 march. I will reserve my opinions till the teaser is replaced by the Ad. Another company with good ads is Google.

Well your off-topic question is another topic in itself, it has been widely debated over the world. But I only have one thing to say, if the Manufacturers keep hiring celebrities again and again, the only way they could pay them is by the enhanced sale of products. So probably they do help!! Its all about the money for the companies
Old 9th March 2013, 13:30   #14038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Thanks very much. Installed Smart App Protector and works well.
(You denied me the opportunity to work on one myself, I would have tweaked the dialler itself though )
Old 9th March 2013, 14:53   #14039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Any A110 owners who got the official JB update? wondering why we need to take it to service center for the update instead of over the air.
Has MMX released JB for the canvas 2 yet? I guess not.
Old 9th March 2013, 15:35   #14040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
It has not been released yet. Even previous update was not OTA but was available of a mmx website(unofficially http://lmgtfy.com/?q=micromax+a110+update+v2) and in service centers (officially).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks