Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:02   #13921
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
NO, its not Gorilla glass, phone full specs has no mention of it.
One should not expect such feature on a phone which is already half the price of its competitors.
How about this then? It comes with gorilla glass 2

http://www.techenclave.com/news/jiay...rs-13000/2945/

Both these are well ahead of specs than the MMX A116.
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:14   #13922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
BTW, the delivery time is showing 20 days now. My order placed on 16th Feb shows 15th March as expected delivery date, which is a month.
Talk about Unicorns n Classics waiting period.
Its expected to be available in stores from Tuesday, the 26th. A fellow bhpian went to an offline store to "book" one , here in Pune, and was shown a list of 500+ who had already "booked" one with them.
Expect insane prices until the initial hype dies down.
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:41   #13923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Certainly a "To Buy" product from micromax.
So if I didn't purchased Lava Iris 501 earlier this month I would have certainly gone for this one.
Thanks ghpk ! That gives me some confidence in going for the A116 !

Quote:
I am not sure. Coz there is no mention of having any sort of scratch resistant glass in specs.
Also, none of the reviews so far mentions this.
Better go with scratch guard & protective case. (If & when u get this)
I definitely will have the scratch guard installed along with a flip cover, if available. I have scratch guard installed on my Nokia C7-00, eventhough it has Gorilla glass.

Quote:
BTW, the delivery time is showing 20 days now. My order placed on 16th Feb shows 15th March as expected delivery date, which is a month.
Talk about Unicorns n Classics waiting period.
Guess what ! I checked for it on snapdeal on Tuesday and it was Out of Stock. It was back in stock on Wednesday, and yesterday when I had made up my mind to place order, it's again out of stock !!! Damn, people are buying this like maniacs !!! Again, gives me strong confidence in going for a MMX product.

Quote:
NO, its not Gorilla glass, phone full specs has no mention of it.
One should not expect such feature on a phone which is already half the price of its competitors.
Agreed, this doesn't have Gorilla glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
These are again complete Chinese brand, unlike MMX which is a Chinese brand, assembled and serviced in India. So even though they (Jiayu G4 or UMI X2) offer me original diamonds embedded into them, I wouldn't still consider them to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Its expected to be available in stores from Tuesday, the 26th. A fellow bhpian went to an offline store to "book" one , here in Pune, and was shown a list of 500+ who had already "booked" one with them.
Expect insane prices until the initial hype dies down.
The prices would surely go up once available in stores. I have a different notion too. It could be that the prices remain at 14k, but they start offering freebies, like Bluetooth headset, or flip covers, etc.
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:44   #13924
BHPian

Quote:

But I see no mention of it on MMX Site, or snapdeal or even from a guy whom I know bought this very first day.
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:57   #13925
BHPian

Quote:
But I see no mention of it on MMX Site, or snapdeal or even from a guy whom I know bought this very first day.
No, I was not mentioning about MMX here. I was just commenting on the fact that there are other offerings in this price range with gorilla glass 2 Anyway all of these are chinese builds with the same Mediatek processor running behind. I don't think MMX has such a brand value to pay any premium for other than the "desi" factor and that after the HIT canvas 2, people have started talking of MMX like Sony and Samsung. If UMI X2 is available around the same price range, its any day better than the A116 (not sure about the UMI service network though). 1080p vs 720p screen, 13MP shooter vs 8MP, 2GB RAM vs 1GB, Gorilla glass 2 vs not gorilla glass and better looks too

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 22nd February 2013 at 12:00.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:07   #13926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I was not mentioning about MMX here. I was just commenting on the fact that there are other offerings in this price range with gorilla glass 2 Anyway all of these are chinese builds with the same Mediatek processor running behind. I don't think MMX has such a brand value to pay any premium for other than the "desi" factor and that after the HIT canvas 2, people have started talking of MMX like Sony and Samsung. If UMI X2 is available around the same price range, its any day better than the A116 (not sure about the UMI service network though). 1080p vs 720p screen, 13MP shooter vs 8MP, 2GB RAM vs 1GB, Gorilla glass 2 vs not gorilla glass and better looks too

I would still vouch for MMX instead of Jiayu G4 or UMI X2. Only reason being that I know that MMX has a Checkpoint store .
So if anything fails in MMX, I have an address to go, instead of going to local mobile repair shops which services Chinese mobiles.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:26   #13927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I would still vouch for MMX instead of Jiayu G4 or UMI X2. Only reason being that I know that MMX has a Checkpoint store .
So if anything fails in MMX, I have an address to go, instead of going to local mobile repair shops which services Chinese mobiles.
Yes, checkpoint store is a huge plus for MMX for those who want a service place. For all budget buyers who want insane specs in such low cost, UMI is the way. I may buy one just to play around

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 22nd February 2013 at 12:27.
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:06   #13928
BHPian

Any one using Micromax Superphone Canvas A110? A detailed user review will be much appreciated, my BIL is planning to order for the same. He's so tempted with the specs and the price when comparing with the other branded gaints. Somehow I am bit skeptical about the performance with the limited 512MB RAM. Gsmarena doesn't have a official review of this but the user reviews are very much promising, but I need a unbiased one, hence the query
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:47   #13929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Any one using Micromax Superphone Canvas A110? A detailed user review will be much appreciated, my BIL is planning to order for the same.
And where will he get one from ? Its out of stock everywhere! (online/offline , atleast in Pune).

It seems to be available on Saholic , if anyone is interested. Price is a reasonable Rs. 9999 , compared what some Ebay vendors are charging.
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:02   #13930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

And where will he get one from ? Its out of stock everywhere! (online/offline , atleast in Pune).

It seems to be available on Saholic , if anyone is interested. Price is a reasonable Rs. 9999 , compared what some Ebay vendors are charging.
Saholic is reliable. I've purchased a BB play book from them last year. Delivery was super fast. Overall decent experience.
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:50   #13931
BHPian

XOLO A1000 launched, same as MMX Canvas 3 but with Dual core processor
http://www.gsmarena.com/lava_launche...-news-5547.php
Old 23rd February 2013, 01:40   #13932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Any one using Micromax Superphone Canvas A110? A detailed user review will be much appreciated, my BIL is planning to order for the same. He's so tempted with the specs and the price when comparing with the other branded gaints. Somehow I am bit skeptical about the performance with the limited 512MB RAM. Gsmarena doesn't have a official review of this but the user reviews are very much promising, but I need a unbiased one, hence the query
someone I know uses A110, no complains even after heavy usage.
you can check gogi.in for review, he has done a in-depth review.

I am quite sure this is best device one can buy for 10K, and if it last 2 years I would consider it VFM product.

who knows how many cores we would have in phone 2 years from now, or google would have a sweet pumpkin OS which would work like reading your mind
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:33   #13933

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Huawei phones? I was checking out some of their models and really dug the Vision and Honor. How are these phones? Hows the interface and smoothness of handling as compared to other phones fro mmx, karbonn etc in the same range? Are they reliable phones? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:50   #13934
BHPian

Guys I have Samsung Google Nexus S. It has 1500 mA battery. Its life is not satisfactory. It hardly lasts for 16-17hr. So please tell me whether I can upgrade the battery to 2000-2500 mA battery and use it in my phone. Will it cause any problem in my phone?

Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 14:20   #13935
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

a friend of mine recently bought the new Samsung Grand. she is facing a funny issue. If she has to send sms to a single person its fine. But, if she adds more names in the "TO" field, the message goes out as MMS. Its really strange.

Any thing / settings that we need to look into?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks