Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 22:39   #29161
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any idea where I could have a demo of the Asus Rog 2 phone in Mumbai? It was launched today I believe.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 25th September 2019, 11:54   #29162
BHPian

Any OnePlus 7 and pro users here got the Android 10 update? They supposedly started rolling it out on 22nd, and 3 days on my phone has not got it.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:09   #29163
Senior - BHPian

I am on the Honor View 10 and may possibly upgrade my phone soon. I also use the Huawei Health App paired with a Huawei Band 2.

Is there any way to migrate the data or export/import the data when moving to a new non-Huawei/Honor Phone?
Old 25th September 2019, 14:17   #29164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Is there any way to migrate the data or export/import the data when moving to a new non-Huawei/Honor Phone?
Does the Huawei health app support Google Fit? If yes, you could sync to that and re-sync to a new device.
Old 25th September 2019, 15:58   #29165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Any OnePlus 7 and pro users here got the Android 10 update? They supposedly started rolling it out on 22nd, and 3 days on my phone has not got it.
Got it a couple of hours back.
Old 25th September 2019, 20:41   #29166
BHPian

Quote:
1+7 user and has not got the update yet. BTW, how has been your 1+ experience so far?
Old 25th September 2019, 21:24   #29167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
1+7 user and has not got the update yet. BTW, how has been your 1+ experience so far?
Been using 6T for a while and has purchased a OP7 last month. Its a nice snappy phone. Changed to OP from a Galaxy Note 8 and Iphone 7. Everything except the camera part is good. But still for the price it is VFM.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:03   #29168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Got it a couple of hours back.
Regular 7 or the Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Well, I can say that I am reasonably happy. But am starting to get a bit bored already. Am hoping that Android 10 with native dark mode would bring some excitement. The phone is fast and fluid, no doubt. And it's still a head turner. Major gripe is with the screen which, according to me, is a bit grainy for my liking. I sometimes view it alongside the Nokia 7 plus and sigh.

In other things, the auto brightness is a mess, but then the Nokia wasn't much better. I miss the Nexus 5X here.

Fingerprint reader performance has degraded over time. I don't know what the issue is. But yes, it is still fast enough, so not complaining.

Camera is fine for me. It over saturates the colors a bit too much, but then I guess its a Chinese trait. Nokia had better color reproduction, and so did the Nexus.

I still have not got used to the lack of the headphone jack. I added another pair of wireless earphones to my office bag and bought a Bluetooth adapter for my AT MSR7. But my instinct is to always reach for a wired earphone lying around.

I hope I can hold on to it for a year. I will hand it over to my wife (she is fascinated by it) if I can find something I like better. But chances are bleak looking at the kind of phones being outed nowadays.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:45   #29169
BHPian

Quote:

i Installed it manually using the Oxygen updater. Below are some of the issues that i have with this update.

1. Adaptive Brightness is erratic.
2. Take more time to charge than earlier.
3. Fingerprint sensor turns on randomly.
Old 26th September 2019, 12:50   #29170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
i Installed it manually using the Oxygen updater. Below are some of the issues that i have with this update.

1. Adaptive Brightness is erratic.
2. Take more time to charge than earlier.
3. Fingerprint sensor turns on randomly.
1. It was already erratic. So has it become worse?
2. That's kinda strange.
3. I have been seeing this lately even in Pie. I get the phone out of the pocket and see that the fingerprint scan is disabled and a message that I have exceeded the number of tries.

Am wary of the Oxygen updater method as I read somewhere that it installs a version not meant for the region. I'll wait for a couple of days more and then try Oxygen updater.
Old 26th September 2019, 12:53   #29171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. I have been seeing this lately even in Pie. I get the phone out of the pocket and see that the fingerprint scan is disabled and a message that I have exceeded the number of tries.
Not sure if you have Pocket mode enabled. Typically, what you are describing happens if the sensor inadvertently runs against your body inside the pocket, thereby activating fingerprint scan (and the scan failing since your finger is not being scanned in the first place).

If Pocket mode is on, this should not happen and all screen unlocking activity etc is automatically disabled till the time that you bring the phone out of your pocket. I always have this mode on in my OP 6T.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 26th September 2019 at 12:54.
Old 26th September 2019, 16:17   #29172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Not sure if you have Pocket mode enabled. Typically, what you are describing happens if the sensor inadvertently runs against your body inside the pocket, thereby activating fingerprint scan (and the scan failing since your finger is not being scanned in the first place).

If Pocket mode is on, this should not happen and all screen unlocking activity etc is automatically disabled till the time that you bring the phone out of your pocket. I always have this mode on in my OP 6T.
Looks like the pocket mode option is not available for the 7 series. Maybe it will arrive with the 10 update.
Old 26th September 2019, 16:26   #29173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the pocket mode option is not available for the 7 series. Maybe it will arrive with the 10 update.
This was available since the OP3. (I have one currently).

It should definitely be there.
Old 26th September 2019, 16:33   #29174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check under the head Utilities in your phone Settings section. Most likely it will be there since it has been there for earlier models as well. Don't see why they would delete it since it is a very useful feature and I'd be quite surprised if they have indeed removed it .
Old 26th September 2019, 17:18   #29175
BHPian

Quote:
Am wary of the Oxygen updater method as I read somewhere that it installs a version not meant for the region. I'll wait for a couple of days more and then try Oxygen updater.
I have always updated using the Oxygen updater, as India gets the OTA slowly. Never faced any issue so far. You can actually verify the model number of the phone under device info and make sure it is right, AFAIK File is downloaded based on this model number.

As my phone is rooted , i cannot do the upgrade OTA. Have to download the files do a local upgrade through twrp and then flash the other root related stuff.

Most Viewed