Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 11:18   #21631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
J7 looks like a complete package with its sleek looks and Samsung's reliability. If only they had given it at least 2GB of ram! They don't want to kill their other money spinners I presume.
Yes, I just couldn't understand the logic behind the 1.5 gigs of RAM. Otherwise, the phone is a very good deal. True though - they still don't want to climb down from their perceived levels of highness.
Old 31st July 2015, 22:12   #21632
Senior - BHPian

I went to the OnePlus event held in Cafe Coffee day, Vittal mallya Road, Bangalore today.

The OPT( Oneplus two) is simply a wonderful phone, but won't create the excitement the OPO created. Don't get me wrong! It's got top of the line hardware, great ram capacity (4GB for 64 GB version/3 GB for 16 GB version) and got a new fingerprint sensor.

Unfortunately, the fingerprint sensor was painted (so they claim!) so that it couldn't be used during the event. It's programmed to recognize upto 5 different fingerprints.

The Camera has the same resolution as the OPO, but my friend commented that the clarity has improved marginally. (OPO had a great camera)

The Oxygen OS didn't seem to have as many customization options as much as CM, but I'm guessing many people will flash CM onto their phones.

On the whole, it's a brilliant phone, extremely VFM, but not too much changed compared to OPO.
  1. For existing OPO users, there's not too much to gain from upgrading to the OPT
  2. It's great value compared to many other flagships, MI4 is really good and cheaper

Also, xiaomi is launching something on 16th Aug
Old 31st July 2015, 22:16   #21633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I went to the OnePlus event held in Cafe Coffee day, Vittal mallya Road, Bangalore today.

The OPT( Oneplus two) is simply a wonderful phone, but won't create the excitement the OPO created. Don't get me wrong! It's got top of the line hardware, great ram capacity (4GB for 64 GB version/3 GB for 16 GB version) and got a new fingerprint sensor. .......
Thank you for the quick note, the only advantage with OPT would be the finger print reader and dual Sim When compared with Mi4

Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 11:54   #21634
BHPian

Updated Redmi 1S to MIUI 6.
After the update, it had numerous crashes and later stopped working altogether. Then after a complete wipe and reset, it is booting up but continuously shows "Xiaomi service framework has stopped" message.

Anyone facing such issues?
Old 1st August 2015, 15:14   #21635
Senior - BHPian

I have received my Moto G3 16 GB version and using it for the past two days, my Moto G2 has gone to my son!

Everything is fine, except I don't get the sparkling stereo sound from the front speakers while playing music videos, like I got from the G2. The sound seems to come only from the bottom speaker. I called Flipkart and they have fixed an appointment for 10.00 AM tomorrow for their technical team to call me.

Meanwhile I chatted with Motorola online support and they say in G3 the top one is just an ear piece, not a stereo speaker. Can any G3 owner please confirm this? Play a nice music youtube video, set the volume to high and listen!
Old 1st August 2015, 16:33   #21636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't get the sparkling stereo sound from the front speakers while playing music videos, like I got from the G2. The sound seems to come only from the bottom speaker.
According to specs, Moto G 3rd gen doesn't have stereo speakers. Motorola websites says its got: Earpiece, loudspeaker, 2-mic support.

Its something like Moto X 2014 setup where upper grill is for earpiece and bottom one is for loudspeaker but Moto X has got much better audio amplifier and 4 mics compared to Moto G3.
Old 1st August 2015, 19:30   #21637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can any G3 owner please confirm this?.....
Don't own the phone myself, but GSMArena mentioned in their preview that G3 only gets one speaker.

Quote:
It's worth mentioning though that it's not all upgrades - there is now only one loudspeaker on the device, which is a step back.
Full preview here: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_mot..._gen)-7247.php

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st August 2015 at 19:33.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:30   #21638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
According to specs, Moto G 3rd gen doesn't have stereo speakers. Motorola websites says its got: Earpiece, loudspeaker, 2-mic support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Don't own the phone myself, but GSMArena mentioned in their preview that G3 only gets one speaker.
Thanks. Meanwhile Flipkart seems to have initiated procedure for return of mobile. I will call them to stop it.
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:20   #21639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have received my Moto G3 16 GB version and using it for the past two days, my Moto G2 has gone to my son!
Can you also share feedback on battery life and screen resolution? I have been using the Redmi Note 3G and want to shift to pure android and the Moto g3 looks to be a very good phone.
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:01   #21640
Lij
BHPian

Was at Reliance digital just going through some mobiles. I was looking at the LG G3 32GB one, the sales man comes and tells me they have an offer of 35% discount on it.
The printed price was almost 37K, 35% makes it 24,050. I think that's quite a good deal.
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:22   #21641
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
I feel that Motorola has hit it out of the park with the new Moto G and Moto X Play.

So my initial views on the latest Moto launch seem to be spot on. A lot of reviews are calling the 2015 Moto G the best phone under $200. The battery life is phenomenal as well.

https://twitter.com/mkbhd/status/627673802596597760

http://www.androidcentral.com/editor...one-hands-down

Unfortunately, most of the market still buys phones based on specs. I was a big fan of the original Moto g and recommend it to almost 30 folks in my friends and family circle and they couldn't have been happier. The 3rd gen Moto g will be high on my list of recommendations for this year.

The only Achilles heel in the old gen was the camera. Hopefully that's also taken care of now.

I was planning to plonk twice the amount of money and getting the Moto X Play for myself, but the reviews of the Moto G are making me think of getting the G instead of the Play.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:20   #21642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you also share feedback on battery life and screen resolution? I have been using the Redmi Note 3G and want to shift to pure android and the Moto g3 looks to be a very good phone.
Screen resolution is more or less same as Gen 2, IMO. I charge this one every alternate day. As of now my usage is restricted to internet access at office (to access social media), and watch a few music videos at night. I don't play games, and use another phone for calls. But even with calls and nominal gaming included, I feel it will last a full day and some more. I am happy with the buy, except the frontal mono speaker.

Flipkart called this morning and confirmed the phone has only one speaker, and if I wanted to go ahead with the return. I declined.
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:04   #21643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
I was planning to plonk twice the amount of money and getting the Moto X Play for myself, but the reviews of the Moto G are making me think of getting the G instead of the Play.
But if budget is not constraint for you then do go for the X. If size of the upcoming X variants feel big then you can think about the current X which is available at heavy discounts. You will get addicted to the Moto X once you will start using the exclusive Moto features.

Hardware of the X will also be significantly different. For eg MotoX comes with more number of mics for better noise cancellation so that you voice is heard more clearly. Audio hardware is also of higher grade so that you hear better audio though loudspeaker. Outer metal framing works as antenna for better reception and there many other subtle and sound differences. Then the full HD AMLOED screen is also a significant upgrade over the HD of MotoG.

When Moto G series is no-nonsense buy, Moto X is an engineering marvel.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd August 2015 at 07:08.
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:14   #21644
BHPian

I agree with tbppjpr, the Moto X is truly a joyful phone to use.

The amount of thoughtful little features it has, both hardware and software go a great way to enhance the user experience. The new Moto X Style has one hell of a camera too, according to the reviews.
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:25   #21645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Was at Reliance digital just going through some mobiles. I was looking at the LG G3 32GB one, the sales man comes and tells me they have an offer of 35% discount on it.
The printed price was almost 37K, 35% makes it 24,050. I think that's quite a good deal.
Thats a damn nice deal. Hope you picked it up. The camera alone makes it better than the latest crop of OPT and what not (unless the OPT camera is surprisingly good, which I doubt).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks