Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 18:08   #28546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Congratulations on the S10+ RavenAvi

Another trick that can be used for Samsung phones is adding the fingerprint of same finger again. Click the option of adding another fingerprint for a different finger but add the same finger again. This boosts up the success rate even more. This doesn't work on all phones with fingerprint id but works with S10 I believe.

Cheers,

Pawan
Agreed.
Did this on my samsung A50 few days back and fingerprint has become faster than before.
Old 27th March 2019, 14:35   #28547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
As mentioned in my earlier post, with "external" memory selected for storage my phone records calls at random, not all. From my end I will change the memory to "internal" and see if all calls are being recorded. Don't see how the storage should make a difference, but it's worth a try.
No I don't use a external memory card so won't be able to check it for you. If calls are getting recorded at random may be worth updating to the latest software to see if anything's changed or if you have a spare micro SD, you could check if its the same with all cards.
Old 30th March 2019, 06:52   #28548
Team-BHP Support

Need a help with camera on my Honor 10 smartphone. During day, it takes brilliant stunning pictures, I am more than happy, but in low light [during night], there is too much haze [fog] in the photo, I mean even if I want to take a photograph, I simply can not.

Have tried night mode as well, but it just doesn't take a proper picture.
Old 30th March 2019, 07:46   #28549
Senior - BHPian

@ Mayankk - Not sure if you still looking for the Honor 8X but this is my take. I picked one up about 6 months ago.It is my daily driver. Simply put everything works on this phone. It is comfortable to hold and use. Build quality is upto the mark. The screen is colorful and bright both indoors and outdoors. The visual quality is at par with other phones in the bracket. Of-course for outdoors you will have to jack up the brightness quite high to see comfortable. But thats with my 9+ also.
Performance is snappy and no perceivable lag in day to day operations. I do not play games on my phone so I do not know how it is when it comes to NFS/PUBG etc or those other graphic intensive games. It does come with Turbo Boost now so that might help.
Signal and call quality is on point. The android skin is heavily customized but is well implemented. The battery life is phenomenal. I am not a heavy user and it lasts over a day and a half. What is even more impressive is the stand by time. I dont use phone cameras so will not be able to comment on its quality. I am assuming it should be okay.Overall, for 17 odd thousand this phone is a winner.
Ironically, I am putting mine on sale now. Thats the advantage of buying a relatively inexpensive phone. You can sell it without losing to much money and trying something new.

Last edited by bigron : 30th March 2019 at 07:52.
Old 30th March 2019, 07:50   #28550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ Mayankk - ----snip--- new.
Thanks bigron. I picked it up the day before. Used the 6x, then the 9i, and now this. I'm pretty happy with it so far, and it's VFM factor. The entire brand, actually. The same specs 6+128 would have cost more than twice for any of the bigger brands, if they carried them.
Old 30th March 2019, 14:04   #28551
Team-BHP Support

I am looking to change my work phone next week; always had an iPhone as the work phone (current one the 7) and Android as the personal phone. Looking how bad Apples' pricing is compared to the main rivals' flagship models, I probably will say goodbye to iOS; it doesn't feel that much special for that kind of pricing (XS Max on contract is around double of newer models like Samsung S10+ or Huawei P30 Pro).

Now coming to the Android flagships, which one is a better buy - S10 or the P30 Pro? I don't think an S10+ is needed for me, and the camera hole-punch is neater on the smaller S10. Checked out the P30 Pro today, and the camera system is just brilliant. At this point I liked the Huawei, but should I be worried about the brand's negative publicity on security related aspects?
Old 30th March 2019, 15:03   #28552
Team-BHP Support

Please suggest an Android phone with a C type cable for [preferably between 10K to 15K]. The latest and the best, like the Jack of all trades...
Old 30th March 2019, 15:50   #28553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please suggest an Android phone with a C type cable for [preferably between 10K to 15K]. The latest and the best, like the Jack of all trades...
If you have an older phone for exchange, then I'd suggest Poco F1. The 64Gb version is listed at 20k, but you can avail exchange discount of 2k + old phone cost, which can get it to around 15k. Can't go wrong with this phone at this price and it covers all bases pretty well.
Old 31st March 2019, 18:22   #28554
Senior - BHPian

@ Mayankk - The Android Pie update is now available for the Honor 8X. Around 3 GB, give it a go.

@ sheel - Have a look at the newer Samsung A and M series. All within 10k to 20k.
I would recommend the Honor 8X but it does not have USB C. For everything else, this phone just works. You could look at the Honor Play as an alternative. Has USB C. Ofcourse there is the POCO F1 but I did not like how it felt in my hand.
Old 1st April 2019, 08:15   #28555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Remi Note 7 Pro. At 14k abouts nothing beats that phone. Only task is to get one easily.
Old 1st April 2019, 10:10   #28556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ Mayankk - The Android Pie update is now available for the Honor 8X. Around 3 GB, give it a go.
It updated right on the first restart. Its performing as expected. The 9i was a disappointment on the battery front. I had the 6x before that, and that was a champion in all aspects, performance or camera or battery.
The 8x does not disappoint on any of these aspects. The notch is taking some getting-used-to, but no other complaints so far. And the phone clone between honor phones saved a lot of setup time.
Old 1st April 2019, 18:08   #28557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
At this point I liked the Huawei, but should I be worried about the brand's negative publicity on security related aspects?
Android and Privacy anyways don't go hand in hand. So whether the data is sold to the Chinese Government or to Google USA shouldn't matter.
Ofcourse, this is all from reading numerous online literature as I've never had any personal security breaches to complain of.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 1st April 2019 at 18:10.
Old 1st April 2019, 20:30   #28558
BHPian

I need some suggestions. I am looking for an Android phone/phablet/tab for an elderly person.

Key points are
- big screen
- high volume
- very good battery life
- update OS (Oreo?)

Usage would be phone voice, Whatsapp and YouTube.

My budget is around 10-15k.
Old 1st April 2019, 20:51   #28559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I need some suggestions. I am looking for an Android phone/phablet/tab for an elderly person.

Key points are
- big screen
- high volume
- very good battery life
- update OS (Oreo?)

Usage would be phone voice, Whatsapp and YouTube.

My budget is around 10-15k.
My mom's using Mi A1. If the user doesn't require a Headphone jack, Mi A2 can be a great option. Android One, Great Battery Life, Good Screen, and High Volume.

I'd actually suggest you to visit the Mi Store and check out the phones offered, so that the volume aspect can be ascertained.
Old 1st April 2019, 21:03   #28560
BHPian

I don't mean to support piracy or any illegal activity for that matter, but these weird policy of leaving content out, and overabundance of digital-platforms boils me to the core. Therefore :

STREMIO

This is an all in one solution, working for all Mobile Platforms and PC/Mac.

It acts as an aggregator showing working links of a particular movie or series from platforms such as Netflix (Official), PirateBay, YTS, JuanCarlos Torrents, etc.

Apart from the convenience, it's interface is what attracts me. Shows the IMDB rating of each series, and has a plethora of filters which was what I demanded.

Mods, please delete this post if it feels that it's not as per the ethical policy of Team-BHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks