Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2019, 10:13   #28396
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, heard there could be huge differences in cable quality when it comes to USB type-c. Any idea which cable is good for quick charging? I want to keep a cable charger combo in car. I already have charger that is rated for 2.1 amp.
I would not suggest boat charging products. They are over hyped and do not stand upto the expectations. Have had bad experience with their micro USB cable and QC 3.0 car charger. The cable does not support devices with fast charge even though the description claims so. The charger does not support QC even though it says its QC3 charger.

I would suggest you Mivi or Amazon basics. I have not been disappointed by either of them
Old 30th January 2019, 10:43   #28397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would not suggest boat charging products. They are over hyped and do not stand upto the expectations. Have had bad experience with their micro USB cable and QC 3.0 car charger. The cable does not support devices with fast charge even though the description claims so. The charger does not support QC even though it says its QC3 charger.

I would suggest you Mivi or Amazon basics. I have not been disappointed by either of them
So the Amazon Basics is USB 3.0. I was not sure so did not order it. Or is it that all mobile charges are now USB 3? I am not seeing any mention of USB 3 chargers in Amazon. So I guess it is now the norm.

As you suggest Amazon Basics is good enough. Ok one has to accept the 0.6 A or whatever charging rate.
Old 30th January 2019, 10:52   #28398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
So the Amazon Basics is USB 3.0. I was not sure so did not order it. Or is it that all mobile charges are now USB 3? I am not seeing any mention of USB 3 chargers in Amazon. So I guess it is now the norm.

As you suggest Amazon Basics is good enough. Ok one has to accept the 0.6 A or whatever charging rate.
The amazon basics micro usb cable that i use charges at nearly 2.5 amps with a QC compatible phone and charger.
Old 30th January 2019, 17:46   #28399
Team-BHP Support

Guys, where to go next? Have been complaining about them, but I continue to receive these promotional SMS's despite being on DND and complaining to TRAI multiple times.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20190130_173957_trai.gov..dnd.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20190130_174015_trai.gov..dnd.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20190130_174025_trai.gov..dnd.jpg  

Old 30th January 2019, 18:40   #28400
Senior - BHPian

It's nice to use the Microsoft SMS organiser where all such messages goes into a separate folder and you won't get notified.

Can clear with a swipe as and when you wish

It is not a solution but a simple workaround.
Old 30th January 2019, 22:08   #28401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
It's nice to use the Microsoft SMS organiser where all such messages goes into a separate folder and you won't get notified.
I do see them contributing to the unread count, and it would be even nicer to be able to block them completely. But, yes, one can mark the whole folder as read in one go.

I remain delighted with this app, recommended on this thread. Best thing to come out of Microsoft since Excel!
Old 31st January 2019, 10:03   #28402
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Any views/thoughts on the problem I'm facing in my OP6 - the battery saving module is now causing a lot of issues with my running app strava. Basically the app gets killed or rather the GPS usage stops; and the tracking of my run. I have tried deselecting the Strava app from the battery optimization aspect; I have tried running while keeping the app open; but this issue still persists.

Googled about it, but the most relevant posts spoke about it in OP5 and earlier with no clear resolution. Any views?
Old 4th February 2019, 13:43   #28403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
U11 owners - Are there any third party dongles or headphones that come recommended for U11?
Check on XDA once. There is a thread discussing about audio quality and the DAC adapater. Finding a replacement would be difficult in India for sure.
On a different note, it's a great device but HTC is pretty much done in India. And the U11 is definitely my last HTC smartphone. Finding a buyer for it will also be very difficult :(
Old 7th February 2019, 22:14   #28404
Distinguished - BHPian

My father's phone hung up all of a sudden in the second week of January. It was actually my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which he was using since 2017 after I upgraded after using it for almost 3 years. I tried installing custom ROMs and OE ROMs but all in vain. So I was looking for a Budget phone to replace it. Around 12k, decent camera, good battery life were the only 3 requirements. Saw that Samsung was launching Galaxy M20 and M10 phones on Jan 28 and the specs were very good at that price point. So decided to wait for that. He was using a Nokia 3310 as backup till then.

M10 2GB 16GB at 7990, M10 3GB 32GB at 8990, M20 3GB 32GB at 10990 and M20 4GB 64 GB at 12990 were great launch prices too. After launch, the sale was scheduled for 5th Feb. I ordered the M20 3GB 32GB version mainly because of the battery (5000mAh for M20 vs 3400mAh for M10) and received it yesterday.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20190207_212501.jpg

Some of the major specs of the phones:
Exynos 7904 octa core
Android 8.1
6.3" screen (6.2" in M10)
5000 mAh battery (3400mAh in M10)
Dual sim
Expandable memory
Dual lens 13MP rear camera
8MP selfie camera (5MP in M10)
Fingerprint sensor (not in M10)
Face unlock
Dolby Atmos (not in M10)

The phone feels really premium especially considering the prices. Only negative I feel is the TFT screen. Although not bad, but it's not as vivid as an AMOLED screen. Overall Samsung has got a wonderful product to achieve it's target of capturing the budget smartphone market IMO.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th February 2019 at 21:30. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 7th February 2019, 23:59   #28405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

M10 2GB 16GB at 7990, M10 3GB 32GB at 8990, M20 3GB 32GB at 10990 and M20 4GB 64 GB at 12990 were great launch prices too.

Some of the major specs of the phones:
Exynos 7904 octa core
Android

The phone feels really premium especially considering the prices. Only negafive I feel is the TFT screen. Although not bad, but it's not as vivid as an AMOLED screen. Overall Samsung has got a wonderful product to achieve it's target of capturing the budget smartphone market IMO.
Good. How is the sunlight legibility? I am also interested in M20 4GB 64 GB for few months. Or may be some good alternative in 15k range. Camera should be good. Screen around 6 inch preferred.
Old 8th February 2019, 12:58   #28406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01C2O1TOC/ - they work just as fine. given that USB-C cables can give up the ghost (I had one which recently stopped being detected)
Is there a difference in the charging rate/power output/functionality etc between the cable in the link above and one which has a USB C on both ends? The prices are vastly different between them. While I do agree that the quality of the cable, connectors etc are factors for pricing, I wanted to know the difference from ab technical perspective before I choose one and order.
Old 11th February 2019, 10:55   #28407
BHPian

This is shocking to say the least. https://www.news18.com/news/tech/sma...=hp_top_pos_11
Especially when you see some of the top selling smartphones having more than double the permitted radiation levels. And then compare those numbers with some of the lowest emitting phones!
Old 11th February 2019, 11:13   #28408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Good. How is the sunlight legibility?
It's a TFT. obviously it can't match a LED in this. But for a TFT it's good. It'll be primarily used by my father he has not complained yet. Yesterday I took the phone outside to check this and found it to be decent.
Old 11th February 2019, 11:18   #28409
BANNED

There was a post on YouTube about, Is the SLR dead? (See the SLR thread). Is the next Samsung Mobile with four fixed focus lenses a harbinger of the same. Obviously four fixed focus lenses plus digital zoom get us that way. Did the photo industry goof us in pushing ever higher resolutions, considering that only about 4MP is required for an A4 sized print.

The industry goofed not so long ago by sticking with the film when we were all going digital. So another goof up will result in the death of many highly revered players.
Old 11th February 2019, 17:35   #28410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
So I was looking for a Budget phone to replace it.
The phone feels really premium especially considering the prices. Only negafive I feel is the TFT screen. Although not bad, but it's not as vivid as an AMOLED screen. Overall Samsung has got a wonderful product to achieve it's target of capturing the budget smartphone market IMO.
I am also seriously looking at this phone for my wife and also for my Father-in-law (call it coincidence, he is using my old Samsung Note 3&#128522.

My only concern was whether this phone has any bloatware, especially intrusive bloatware? And if yes, can they be turned off? Him not being a very savvy user, sometimes important notifications are lost in din of bloatware notifications.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks