Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 15:47   #29896
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
My Nokia 8 is nearing 3 years old and overcharging and practices led to a mobile which has battery life of 4 hours and restarts when the battery reaches 58% every time i open an app.
My dad's nokia 8 also restarts frequently, now to the point that it's unusable. The Service Centre couldn't provide a battery however they said it costs around 3k. Please share the feedback of your new battery.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st July 2020 at 17:43. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 21st July 2020, 17:23   #29897
BHPian

Hi Rohit, hope this battery website works out. I see a mobile no listed at site for support. Never used this site but had used a similar site operating from Noida. I needed only the touch part of mobile as screen was good. Physical store had touch + screen price. As always Google helped with online websites, saved money & happy, hope it works out for you as well.
ritz3645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 19:49   #29898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Yes it is but I would wait a bit for Xiaomi to drop the price on the K20 Pro. It is only a matter of time they do. Its not a phone that is flying off the shelves for them either.

I would not bother with a Nord. It is a significant step down from the K20 Pro when it comes to overall performance. The Snapdragon 765 isn't in the league of the now dated 855.

The flaw with Xiaomi is that their camera software isn't the best. No matter what I do, I simply can't get the camera to not interfere with the photo.
Thank you Sandeep, I will wait for a few days for the price drop of the K20Pro, with Nord 6/64 at 25K, K20Pro will have to drop it's price.
I am not too worried about the camera, I primarily use my cell for office work, emails mostly.
Old 21st July 2020, 21:04   #29899
Distinguished - BHPian

Oneplus has launched the Nord series of phones today and the specs are quite good for the prices:
8GB/128 : 27999
12 GB/256 : 29999
And to be launched later: 6GB/64 : 24999
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20200721210540.jpg
All the phones feature the Snapdragon 765 processor and a 90Hz Amoled screen.
I have been using Oneplus phones for the past 4 years now and am quite happy with them.

Last edited by Behemoth : 21st July 2020 at 21:06.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 22:13   #29900
BHPian

Quote:
The flaw with Xiaomi is that their camera software isn't the best...
I have not tried an off the shelf camera app top see if it helps. I am sure it will.
It's a simple fix with ported Google Camera. You can easily find it on XDA or just by googling.
I have used POCO F1 and now K20 Pro (total almost 2 years) with GCams. To be honest, had GCam not being available, Xiaomi camera app was a deal breaker for me.
Its takes care of all cases of still photography and normal videos. The super slow motion is still rough.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 04:45   #29901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
It's a simple fix with ported Google Camera.
I did look that up but can't find one for MIUI 12.0.1 build, which is what my phone runs.
Old 22nd July 2020, 11:22   #29902
BHPian

Quote:
I did look that up but can't find one for MIUI 12.0.1 build, which is what my phone runs.
I updated to MIUI 12 and the Gcam version that was there since MIUI 11 still works fine. I use GCam 7.2.010 by Urnyx05, version 2.3.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:19   #29903
BHPian

Any suggestions for a mobile within 15k? Looking for a non Mi, Oppo, Vivo one. Samsung M31 seems to fit the bill.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:48   #29904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any suggestions for a mobile within 15k? Looking for a non Mi, Oppo, Vivo one. Samsung M31 seems to fit the bill.
Check the official AndroidOne website. Pure Android OS, light and fluid, regular updates.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:06   #29905
BHPian

Any recommendations for a USB C (mini) magnetic charging cable (fast charging)?
TIA
Old 26th July 2020, 17:18   #29906
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is but I would wait a bit for Xiaomi to drop the price on the K20 Pro. It is only a matter of time they do. Its not a phone that is flying off the shelves for them either...
Is there any news in the media of a price cut for the K20 pro?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th July 2020 at 16:07. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 27th July 2020, 09:26   #29907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Is there any news in the media of a price cut for the K20 pro?
I don't monitor the phone scene in India all that much so can't say.
It maybe a while before they drop the price but worth keeping a close eye on when there are festival specials taking place.
Old 27th July 2020, 11:54   #29908
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried to use Dual Audio in Samsung? I am interested to know If one can stream music from phone to car HU and a bluetooth speaker simultaneously? I have oneplus and tried AmpMe but that could stream only to one receiver.
Old 27th July 2020, 12:40   #29909
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a question around Exchange Offers. I tried a RTFF but that didn't throw up exactly what I am looking for.

If you guys buy a phone on Exchange Offer then the old phone gets collected simultaneously with the delivery of the new phone.
This does not give you the time to do a phone-to-phone transfer of apps, data and configurations.
An image backup doesn't work because the two devices will be different and hence the old image cannot load on the new device.
How do you solve this conundrum easily without indulging in an invasive backup procedure and the consequent piecemeal restore?
Old 27th July 2020, 15:20   #29910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys I have a question around Exchange Offers. I tried a RTFF but that didn't throw up exactly what I am looking for.

If you guys buy a phone on Exchange Offer then the old phone gets collected simultaneously with the delivery of the new phone.
This does not give you the time to do a phone-to-phone transfer of apps, data and configurations.
An image backup doesn't work because the two devices will be different and hence the old image cannot load on the new device.
How do you solve this conundrum easily without indulging in an invasive backup procedure and the consequent piecemeal restore?
WhatsApp, Google Photos and all other Google Apps backed up to the Google Drive. Contacts anyway synced to Gmail. Games data can be synced to Gmail account. SMS Backup & Restore for backing up SMS and call logs.

Most Viewed