Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2020, 06:55   #29806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
You are getting a previous gen flagship processor in the S10 Lite compared to one of the good mid range processor on the A71. Lite. I think you are more inclined towards the S10 Lite. Go for it.
I tend to agree with this man. The A71 was for mom, so her use case is a bit different and she doesn't really need a flagship processor to watch youtube videos. What she needed was an awesome screen, a good set of cameras and updates for two years. At a slightly lower budget to the s10 lite, it made good sense.

In all honesty,if i wasnt so hung up on the pixel series,the s10 lite from samsung is the phone to buy Today.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 09:02   #29807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
So am now wondering whether it is better to buy A71 and save a few thousand rupees or stay with S10 Lite. Based on what I could read online I get a better processor and OIS in the camera. But is the price difference enough to justify these two. Or are there any other aspects also which I am missing out on.
I was in same boat as you in February. I gave my Note 10+ to my wife and was planning to buy A51 as a stop gap arrangement. My short review of S10 lite is in post no. #29680 of this thread. Hope that will help. As other members have said above, if you want to use the phone for 3-4 years - go with S10 lite.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:54   #29808
Senior - BHPian

For first time I am taking advantage of IP68 compliance of phone and washing it with soap and water to disinfect after I return from outside.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 11:28   #29809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
For first time I am taking advantage of IP68 compliance of phone and washing it with soap and water to disinfect after I return from outside.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10
Dont get fooled by ratings. These are meant for accidental purposes. My LG G7 Plus Thinq IP68 rated was dropped accidentally 3-4 times in water and immediately after dropping it I picked it up, switched it OFF dried it for 12 hours. It worked flawlessly untill one day its charger port and speaker stopped working. Fortunately the phone was under warranty, there were water marks inside the phone upon opening. Still under goodwill the local service center guy covered it under warranty.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 17:01   #29810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Dont get fooled by ratings. These are meant for accidental purposes.
I don't see any problems with Samsung flagship series. I have used quite a bit for shallow underwater photography. In case of screen damage and replacement at service center, they keep it submerged in water for some time as per their testing protocol before handing it over to you.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 18:52   #29811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My Samsung S8+ will turn 3 years old this June. Since last week, I am observing that whenever my phone's battery level below 25-30%, the phone switches off. I have to connect the charger to turn it on and then it recharges from levels as low as 5-10%. Earlier the phone used to work normally even on low charge levels like 5-7%.
Time to replace the battery. I had a similar problem on my previous phone Nexus 6, unfortunately the replacement battery was no good and it gave away soon. I am left with a phone without battery. See if you can get an original replacement.
Old 11th June 2020, 12:26   #29812
KPR
BANNED

I've a 5 months old One Plus 7t. My daughter has dropped the phone and the touch screen got damaged. I had to spend close to 12.5 k for a new touchscreen after many followups due to lockdown. I find that their touchscreen is quite weak and gets damaged easily as compared to other phones that I use. So I'm looking for a good case that covers both front and back and take of this weakness in OP 7t. Otherwise I'm in love with the phone.
Any recommendations / suggestions on a good case?
Old 11th June 2020, 14:17   #29813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Any recommendations / suggestions on a good case?
Have a look at Spigen Rugged Armour, used that for few years with Nexus 6P, offered good grip and have a slight lip for front side which gives protection against light falls. It didn't make the phone bulky, and the soft rubber made it pleasant to hold.
Justin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 19:37   #29814
Senior - BHPian

Oneplus Z may launch at 24,990/- in July. Specs sound to good to be true at this price point.

https://www.androidauthority.com/one...price-1126766/

Last edited by sdp1975 : 11th June 2020 at 19:39.
Old 14th June 2020, 16:22   #29815
BHPian

Cross Posting-Looking for the best Non-chinese smartphone in a budget cap of 16k for cousin brother. please let in your valuable inputs. TIA
Old 14th June 2020, 20:01   #29816
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Cross Posting-Looking for the best Non-chinese smartphone in a budget cap of 16k for cousin brother. please let in your valuable inputs. TIA
Go for the M31. Would suggest extending the budget by 1k to get the 128 gigs version, making the phone future proof in terms of storage.
Old 15th June 2020, 20:47   #29817
BANNED

I stopped using one of my SIMs. It was simply removed 6 months back. But while registering through apps, when the number to send the OTP is to be confirmed, the old number still shows up. How to get rid of the old number? It is an official number and somebody else is using it.

This is a Samsung Galaxy A8+ running Android 9 and oneUI 1.0.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 15th June 2020 at 20:49.
Old 15th June 2020, 21:03   #29818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I stopped using one of my SIMs. It was simply removed 6 months back. But while registering through apps, when the number to send the OTP is to be confirmed, the old number still shows up. How to get rid of the old number? It is an official number and somebody else is using it.
You need to update the number in Google account settings : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3463280
Old 15th June 2020, 22:10   #29819
BHPian

I have ordered a Lenovo M10 tablet for my kid online. Need suggestions for kid-friendly tablet cover which can absorb shocks from drops.

While I see many available for iPads but almost none for Lenovo.
Old 16th June 2020, 19:51   #29820
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
You need to update the number in Google account settings : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3463280
It worked. Thanks. But the menu is not the way described in the link. I used the search function in settings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks