Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2020, 21:52   #29776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any suggestions for a decent android phone around 10-12k?
Requirements - Decent performance, not made in China.
I do sometimes download and play heavy games like call of duty & pubg but don't need them to run on highest graphics.

I currently use an Mi A1, which even though is Made in India and is a Android One phone, since Xiaomi is based out of China, will prefer to avoid it as much as possible.

Current phone is almost 2.5 years old, and observed it heating up a little even on using mild apps and battery drains within half a day. Feel its better to buy one now, rather than wait till it dies. Hopefully phone might be available 4th onwards.
Old 1st May 2020, 22:30   #29777

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Any suggestions for a decent android phone around 10-12k?
Requirements - Decent performance, not made in China.
I do sometimes download and play heavy games like call of duty & pubg but don't need them to run on highest graphics.

If you're able to stretch your budget a bit then the Samsung A31 launching in around a month's time may be worth looking at, gonna be priced around the 15K mark.

Samsung have stopped manufacturing Phones in China altogether.
Kumar101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 13:53   #29778
Senior - BHPian

Mi 10 launched for 50k. I think Xiaomi has made a big mistake. With One plus 8 at 42k and 8 pro at 55k there will be hardly any takers for Mi 10.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 00:07   #29779
BHPian

Guys, I am in an urgent need of any help/assistance. My primary phone is One plus 3T which has been working flawlessly till today morning. It has had its fair share of falls however there has not been a single issue till today morning in my 3 years of owning it. Today morning, it just decided that it was fed up of its life and just died. I have been charging it since morning now, it won't go beyond "One plus" logo screen. Once in a while I get a error message saying, "battery too low, charge before starting" or something of that sort. With this lock-down in place and no other phone available at my disposal, I am in a fix. Please let me know if there is any way that I can make it work. There is no sign of charging neither the LED nor on screen display.

Things I have tried since morning:
1. Kept for charging for long hours
2. Tried going to safe or recovery mode but it won't go beyond "one plus logo".
3. Opened it up to see if there is any lose connection, could not find anything.

Help !!!
Old 10th May 2020, 00:16   #29780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Today morning, it just decided that it was fed up of its life and just died.
Press the physical buttons together to perform a hard boot. I also suggest you try olx to buy a second hand phone to get you through this period. I am trying purchase a second hand Ps4 controller for my son very much due to the same reasons and am waiting for responses on olx..
Old 14th May 2020, 11:52   #29781
Team-BHP Support

One of my friend is immensely confused between the One Plus 8 Pro and Samsung S10 Lite.

Only these 2 phones as both have SD chipsets [else S20+ might have been it] have decent cameras, are priced around 50K.

Main usage is, of-course voice calls and that it should have a good camera. Would prefer to have updates for 2+ years at-least.

Whose camera would be better between both? And hope, both would be safe for banking related apps.

Not in dire straits and can wait 2 or 3 months if something good is coming for under 60K in android.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th May 2020 at 11:59.
Old 14th May 2020, 12:43   #29782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of my friend is immensely confused between the One Plus 8 Pro and Samsung S10 Lite.

Only these 2 phones as both have SD chipsets [else S20+ might have been it] have decent cameras, are priced around 50K.

Main usage is, of-course voice calls and that it should have a good camera. Would prefer to have updates for 2+ years at-least.

Whose camera would be better between both? And hope, both would be safe for banking related apps.

Not in dire straits and can wait 2 or 3 months if something good is coming for under 60K in android.
Isn't S10lite cheaper than OP8pro by at least 10-15k. They are not in same class. OP8pro is superior in every way. OP8 would be a 10lite alternative for similar price.

As for new mobiles on horizon, there would be so many. Xiaomi Mi10, Google 4a to name a couple. Both around 50k ballpark.

Last edited by joslicx : 14th May 2020 at 12:44.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 12:54   #29783
Senior - BHPian

Happened to visit the Oneplus store couple of days back. Store is virtually empty and the only product on sale is the Bullets 2 wireless headset. The Z wireless headset is yet to hit stores and online channel quotes anywhere between May 27th and June 4th delivery.

Oneplus 8 Pro is likely a month away before we get a hands on (India release date is tentative for this month end).
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 13:35   #29784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
As for new mobiles on horizon, there would be so many. Xiaomi Mi10, Google 4a to name a couple. Both around 50k ballpark.
Xiaomi / MI or any other Chinese brand [apart from brilliant Huawei's but sadly most don't have Google Play Store] can be considered on android one platform.

Google 4a to have dual sims? If yes, can be in shortlist.
Old 14th May 2020, 14:59   #29785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Oneplus 8 Pro is likely a month away before we get a hands on (India release date is tentative for this month end).
Offers and dates announced. Both on open sale from May 29th and upto 3K immediate discount + 12 month no cost EMI

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...from=home-tech

Will probably pick up the ultramarine blue 12/256 combo.
Old 14th May 2020, 16:02   #29786
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
FYI sir:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20200514155933.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20200514155954__01.jpg

Source: OnePlus Red Cable Club
Old 15th May 2020, 00:44   #29787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Offers and dates announced. Both on open sale from May 29th and upto 3K immediate discount + 12 month no cost EMI
You didn't see the store, was depressing to see . The Oneplus Z headset is 'already' on sale. The store isn't going on a sale mode though. We'll see how things are on 29th. Online deliveries too haven't started yet
Old 15th May 2020, 01:14   #29788
BHPian

Hey guys, the spare time in this lockdown has had me YouTubing a lot. Was watching a video the other day regarding customisation in Android. Discovered an amazing app called Borderlight. Gives a cool moving light effect on the edge of your phone's screen and is highly customisable to individual taste. Particularly nice with the large Amoled bezel-less displays in play these days. I've used it for a week now and it hasn't showed any effect on the battery life. Gives a cool look to the screen sprucing up the boring wallpaper.

P.S. I'm in no way associated with the app or the developer. Just found the app and thought it was cool to share.
Archie_27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:24   #29789
BHPian

Guys, need help in deciding between samsung M31 and A30. Is there any difference between the above two?
Intended use: only calls and reading whatsapp forward.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:58   #29790
Senior - BHPian

My Samsung S8+ will turn 3 years old this June. Since last week, I am observing that whenever my phone's battery level below 25-30%, the phone switches off. I have to connect the charger to turn it on and then it recharges from levels as low as 5-10%. Earlier the phone used to work normally even on low charge levels like 5-7%.

What could be the reason? Is this the sign of battery conking off? How long I can stretch this? Amidst COVID situation, I don't want to visit the service centre to get the battery replaced. Any way through which I can gauge battery health?

PS - Apart from this, I have no issues with the phone in terms of performance, camera or any other area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks