Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2020, 10:31   #29731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats POWERAMP!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 10:46   #29732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Any suggestions on a light-weight music player that is
1. Easy to use
2. Does not hog battery.
3. Free of ads
For my offline collection, I use an app called Jet Audio (pro version costed me Rs. 330; free version has ads though).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.jetaudioplus

Has superb Android Auto support.

For live streaming I tried a lot of options but none I liked. Gaana probably was the most OK in terms of things I wanted (Malayalam old film songs). Youtube is the one I always fell back to due to its collection, despite its drawbacks.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 19:41   #29733
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Based on the majority feedback, tried out Poweramp and it works perfect for me. Yes downloading music is an additional chore to perform, but the player is almost what I wanted. Attaching a screenshot of the battery consumption. Note that for almost the same duration of usage this consumes much lesser battery than Prime Music (though I have most of my music downloaded locally).

The gap-less transition is a wonderful addition and most importantly - the equalizer option has helped me get the max of my bluetooth earplugs.

Thanks everyone.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-whatsapp-image-20200413-7.37.56-pm.jpeg
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 13:14   #29734
BHPian

The new OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro have been revealed. Both come with the new Snapdragon 865 chip and full 5G capabilities.

OnePlus 8 Pro

6.78" QHD+ AMOLED Display with 120Hz refresh rate
Snapdragon 865
8-12 GB RAM (LPDDR5)
128/256 GB UFS3.0 Storage
4510 mAh Battery
30W wired and wireless charging
IP68 Water and Dust resistance
48+48+8+5 MP Quad Camera Setup
8/128 GB- 899$
12/256 GB- 999$

OnePlus 8

6.55" FHD+ AMOLED Display with 90Hz refresh rate
Snapdragon 865
8-12 GB RAM (LPDDR4X)
128/256 GB UFS3.0 Storage
4300 mAh Battery
30W Wired Charging
IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
48+16+2 MP Triple Camera Setup
8/128 GB- 699$
12/256 GB- 799$

The 8 Pro is a full blown, no-compromises flagship commanding flagship price now. Offers almost everything the S20 Ultra offers at a substantially lower price.

The 8 on the other hand is basically a 7T with the new processor. It even loses the Telephoto camera for a Macro sensor. Prices have gone up without offering much useful improvements over the 7T. This is going to be a harder sell if it is priced so close to the iPhone 11.

Indian pricing is yet to be revealed but it is typically around 10% cheaper than the US prices. With the ever growing competition in the budget flagship range, it is crucial that the 8 is priced well.
What are your thoughts on these phones?

Last edited by rahulcmoulee : 15th April 2020 at 13:17.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 14:17   #29735
Senior - BHPian

The 'Flagship Killer' is no more that.

It has become a proper flagship now and the scrutiny at the top is far more brutal.

The phone does look nice as a sum of all the parts. But that camera cut out is a massive step backward IMO and takes away from the complete full screen experience that the 7 Pro had.

For those looking to get one, the normal 8 seems like the one to go for. At least the price is some what digestible.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 15:37   #29736
Senior - BHPian

OnePlus is no longer in the same segment as it used to be. I'm glad my old phone broke and I was forced to buy the 7T for 33k instead of waiting for the 8 with 5G like I wanted to. They are adding premium features and build quality etc but it puts the phone out of budget of people looking for "Flagship Killer". It's now just a slightly lower priced Flagship which is fine as the OnePlus phones never came with groundbreaking or first in class features.
Their marketing budget must have also grown with the company and this has obviously added to the cost. And this time around they specify an IP68 so the added cost of that as well which is $40-50 per phone which they mentioned earlier and were avoiding it for the same reason.
I guess the market will vote with their wallets.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 17:05   #29737
BHPian

Re: 'Asus Max Pro M1' fingerprint scan NOT working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Well, reluctant because am running on custom ROM.
Custom ROM? Check if your phone has a recommended firmware version for the particular version of the custom ROM you are using - sometimes flashing the right version of the firmware can help. I don't know the specifics for your phone but you can try going back to stock and checking if it solves the problem.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th April 2020 at 20:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 15th April 2020, 18:31   #29738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The initial batches of Nokia 6.1 plus (with 4gb ram) did have problems with their charging ports. The charging ports were replaced by Nokia under warranty. When they launched the 6gb ram version this problem was corrected. Do you have the earlier version or the latter one? Also some users reported that using a different better quality cable (like the one plus dash cable) solved the Problem for them so do try if you have any other original type c cable.
I have heard many complaints about charging ports on various Nokia devices. Are you sure they have fixed it in newer batches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I have a Nokia 7 Plus. Over a period of time I feel that the media volume has drastically reduced. It was considerable loud when I got it. These days at times, I need to hold the phone near my ear to listen clearly. Any idea what can be done? Yes, the volume is in full.
Probably dirt in the ear piece. Cleaning it should do it. You can check online for instructions if you're confident of opening the phone, else you can go to service centre.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th April 2020 at 20:26. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing; you know nothing Jon Snow! :D
Old 15th April 2020, 19:23   #29739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
OnePlus is no longer in the same segment as it used to be. I'm glad my old phone broke and I was forced to buy the 7T for 33k instead of waiting for the 8 with 5G like I wanted to.
Was on the same boat as you and got the 7T just at the beginning of March and it was the best decision in hindsight to not wait for the 8. It loses the useful telephoto lens and gives us 5G which is not going to be a reality in India for atleast another 3 years. Got a sweet deal on the 7T too.
Old 15th April 2020, 20:05   #29740
Team-BHP Support

There's better Android phones out there for certain aspects, no question, but the 7T is probably the best overall price + features + user experience package. Been using one since Oct 2019.

The small-ish notch on the 7T is easier to hide that the punch-hole ones will be.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th April 2020 at 20:08.
Old 15th April 2020, 23:47   #29741
Senior - BHPian

I am expecting One plus 8 to be priced at 45k and 8 pro for 60k in India. Will try both before deciding which one to buy. Most you tube reviewers have given to 8 pro in comparison with Samsung S20+ and iPhone 11 pro. Let's see when it launches in India and hopefully we do get some bank discount offers along it.
Old 16th April 2020, 00:17   #29742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
The new OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro have been revealed. Both come with the new Snapdragon 865 chip and full 5G capabilities.
Here are the official videos:

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 02:56   #29743
BHPian

Re: 'Asus Max Pro M1' fingerprint scan NOT working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Custom ROM? Check if your phone has a recommended firmware version for the particular version of the custom ROM you are using - sometimes flashing the right version of the firmware can help. I don't know the specifics for your phone but you can try going back to stock and checking if it solves the problem.
It was working fine with same firmware and custom ROM. I am trying to find out why the change in behavior?

Reset, is ruled out as I have to do install custom ROM all over again.
Old 17th April 2020, 20:16   #29744
Senior - BHPian

Cyber Security!!!! Phishing Alert???

Guys, I have been receiving this alert from Gmail/Google on my phone that says "Attempt to recover account - Confirm if this is you".

I received these notifications few weeks back and I had declined every single time. Today I received like 10 of these notification. Again I declined the request.

Is this some kind of phishing attack? The following details are mentioned:

1. Device: Android version 8.XX
2. Location: Kolkata, WB
Old 17th April 2020, 20:21   #29745
BHPian

Re: Cyber Security!!!! Phishing Alert???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have been receiving this alert from Gmail/Google on my phone that says "Attempt to recover account - Confirm if this is you".

I received these notifications few weeks back and I had declined every single time. Today I received like 10 of these notification. Again I declined the request.
Even I received it today around 0615 and it was from Vietnam, and later when I checked for any security threats for my Gmail there were no report of this incident. Looks like a security breach has happened somewhere.

Last edited by revvharder : 17th April 2020 at 20:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks