Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 14:07   #29716
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The charging ports were replaced by Nokia under warranty. When they launched the 6gb ram version this problem was corrected. Do you have the earlier version or the latter one?
Thats news to me. Yeah mine is a 4GB version from Nov-2018, so mostly it belongs to the initial batch. I don't think this would be covered under warranty anymore. Its a shame to have this freak issue as otherwise the phone works pretty flawlessly on all other aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
First try with a different cable. I had a similar issue recently although it was after-market braided cable.
I did try it with other cables including OnePlus. Initial coupe of days it works fine and later same issue crops up. Now with lockdown and all I doubt if I will be able to take it to any service centre.

This issue leads to problem with android auto as well in my car. I really like apple on this aspect. Their charging point is pretty thick & strong with minimal scope of such freak issues and hence gives a much superior Apple-Carplay experience as well, even in the 4 year old iPhone 6

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th April 2020 at 14:09.
Old 8th April 2020, 16:18   #29717
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 'Asus Max Pro M1' fingerprint scan NOT working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
For some reason, for the past few days 'fingerprint' scan is NOT working on my 'Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1'. When I place my finger on the 'sensor' it does NOT detect. But, If I restart the phone, it works for a while and then it goes back to the same situation.

Has any others experiencing the same? Is there any fix for this issue?
Please advise!

Try cleaning the sensor with a damp cloth giving attention to the circumference where there is a metal ring. Helps if you can clean it with hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol. Clean with the phone off and ensure the sensor is dry before turning on

What error do you get when you say the sensor is not working?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 21:51   #29718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Try cleaning the sensor with a damp cloth giving attention to the circumference where there is a metal ring. Helps if you can clean it with hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol. Clean with the phone off and ensure the sensor is dry before turning on

What error do you get when you say the sensor is not working?
Did that, BUT does NOT help! While a restart helps to activate the same for sometime, It goes back to NOT detecting the fingerprint after a while.

There is NO error message. It does NOT simply detect the fingerprint on the sensor, to open the lock. So, have to key in the pin to open the phone.
Old 8th April 2020, 22:42   #29719
BHPian

Quote:
For some reason, for the past few days 'fingerprint' scan is NOT working on my 'Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1'. When I place my finger on the 'sensor' it does NOT detect. But, If I restart the phone, it works for a while and then it goes back to the same situation.
Did you try clearing the stored fingerprint patterns and starting afresh? You can retrain the software. It might help.
Old 8th April 2020, 23:51   #29720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Did you try clearing the stored fingerprint patterns and starting afresh? You can retrain the software. It might help.
Did that, BUT same results. I suspect this might be something to do with the software, as on restart it works for sometime.
Old 9th April 2020, 10:24   #29721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did that, BUT same results. I suspect this might be something to do with the software, as on restart it works for sometime.
If it is with software, then try doing a factory reset.

If that does not work, then take it to Asus service center.

I have the same phone for past 1.75 years and i have found the finger print sensor to be sensitive to dirt.
Old 9th April 2020, 11:04   #29722
BHPian

Hi Android friends, Anyone here did One UI 2.0 update with Android 10 on Samsung phones? I am being prompted by my phone to do so. I am using Galaxy A70 with One UI 1.0 and Android 9. I vividly remember ruining my Galaxy Tab 2013 by doing an android update.
Old 9th April 2020, 11:16   #29723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Hi Android friends, Anyone here did One UI 2.0 update with Android 10 on Samsung phones? I am being prompted by my phone to do so. I am using Galaxy A70 with One UI 1.0 and Android 9. I vividly remember ruining my Galaxy Tab 2013 by doing an android update.
You are being paranoid. Go ahead with the update.
smartindboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 11:41   #29724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just go ahead and do the update. I am not sure how the scene was with older models, but I did not face any issue with the updates in my S10.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20200409140925_settings.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th April 2020 at 11:43. Reason: Picture added
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 14:39   #29725
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Android friends, Anyone here did One UI...
You are right about being cautious. You will not be able to downgrade easily. Android 10 has more restrictions on apps, so some apps may stop working, permanently. One such app type is a clipboard manager category. The other is data counter type apps like Glasswire.

In my case, I just decided I would continue with Android 10, as I did not want to lose Knox protection by downgrading to 9. The clipboard app tells me to connect to adb (Android Debugger) and run some commands to get it working - I just haven't bothered to do it. Glasswire, I decided to get rid of.

Another point to note - Samsung seems to have different policies depending on the country for its devices. So you cannot be sure if people are talking about your particular version of the phone on international forums, so be careful when you read something on sites like Xda-Developers. Another area where I see potential for problems is in call recording apps. Google put restrictions on call recording starting from Android 8 itself - if you have a call recording app that you depend on, and it is currently working well, my suggestion would be to avoid upgrading.
Old 9th April 2020, 15:02   #29726
BHPian

Any suggestions on a light-weight music player that is
1. Easy to use
2. Does not hog battery.
3. Free of ads

I currently use Amazon Prime Music and though I have songs downloaded, it seems to hog a lot of battery. I am okay with offline music players but need something light and easy.

I use a Google Pixel 3A.
Would the default Google Play Music be a good alternative?

Anything else?
Old 10th April 2020, 00:30   #29727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
.... I am okay with offline music players but need something light and easy.
Do you have an offline music collection? Reason I ask is most downloaded media from streaming apps is DRM protected and can't be played on other apps on the same device. I can't play my Wynk downloads on PowerAmp, for example.

PowerAmp is pretty good, and the full version isn't expensive either (you could sometimes find it on sale for as little as 10 INR).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 03:57   #29728
BHPian

Quote:
If it is with software, then try doing a factory reset.
Well, reluctant because am running on custom ROM.

Quote:
If that does not work, then take it to Asus service center.
NOT possible, as bought this in India and right now am stuck in US.

Quote:
I have the same phone for past 1.75 years and i have found the finger print sensor to be sensitive to dirt.
I cleaned the sensor area with alcohol, BUT its NO better!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th April 2020 at 20:25. Reason: coz > because
Old 10th April 2020, 09:21   #29729
BHPian

Quote:
1. Easy to use
2. Does not hog battery.
3. Free of ads

I currently use Amazon Prime Music and though I have songs downloaded, it seems to hog a lot of battery. I am okay with offline music players but need something light and easy.

I use a Google Pixel 3A.

Anything else?
I am not sure if you are looking for suggestions on music streaming apps or offline players.

Amongst all music streaming apps, I have found Spotify to be easiest on the OS and data. It works in the areas where mobile signal is poorest and other apps tend to struggle and lag. It has best collection of English songs that I have come across. For Hindi, I have found that Jio Saavn has best quality audio and collection, but app is laggy and works poorly on mobile data. For all the apps ads can be removed in paid version only.

If you are looking for offline players with downloaded MP3 type songs, then google player or phone's default player should be good enough.

If you are looking for downloading songs from music apps and playing them on google player, I don't think it is possible as apps won't allow it.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 09:39   #29730
BHPian

Quote:
1. Easy to use
2. Does not hog battery.
3. Free of ads

I use a Google Pixel 3A.

Anything else?
'Lisna'

1by1

Old Android AOSP player.

If you have VLC installed, the audio player is pretty good.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks