Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 13:21   #29701
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

On day 2 of the lockdown, wife's Galaxy M30 decided to act up. It wont charge from any of Samsung wall chargers here. Only way to charge it is to switch it off, and charge it from a USB port on a power strip. Or by not fully pushing the cable into the phone. But this way, a slight in position or movement of cable results in stoppage of charging. Cable issues are ruled out. So are port / contact issues - phone charges in normal time using same cables from this third party power strip. A full factory reset has not helped.

Any ideas?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 29th March 2020 at 13:23.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 14:23   #29702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Any ideas?
Clean the port, data pins may not be able to trigger charging / fast charging if the data is not getting through to the smart charger. Try cleaning both ends - charger and the phone ports. (start with charger end first, rather than mess with the phone port)
Old 29th March 2020, 16:51   #29703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
On day 2 of the lockdown, wife's Galaxy M30 decided to act up. It wont charge from any of Samsung wall chargers here. Only way to charge it is to switch it off, and charge it from a USB port on a power strip. Or by not fully pushing the cable into the phone. But this way, a slight in position or movement of cable results in stoppage of charging. Cable issues are ruled out. So are port / contact issues - phone charges in normal time using same cables from this third party power strip. A full factory reset has not helped.

Any ideas?
I am also facing charging issues on my Samsung M30, it won't charge when I connect it to charger!! But I noticed that it starts charging from the same charger immediately after restarting.

Are any M30 users facing similar issues?
Old 31st March 2020, 15:31   #29704
BANNED

@y448; Looks like a software issue. This is all I can say from a remote location. Maybe you do a reboot (if not rebooted for a few days), or a factory reset.
Old 2nd April 2020, 22:44   #29705
Distinguished - BHPian

Linking this here as well:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4781652

Govt launches COVID-19 tracking app 'Aarogya Setu' for Android, iOS users
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tr...s-5101621.html

The app is aimed at augmenting efforts to proactively inform the citizens about the best practices and relevant advisories pertaining to the containment of COVID-19.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 15:06   #29706
Team-BHP Support

My wife got a Samsung S20+ earlier this week (traded in the Note 9). Thought of going with the Note 10+, but other than the S-Pen, the newer one looked better in every aspect. And the key improvement - the camera! Though not to Pixel level or iPhone 11 pro, the photos look much natural and crisp compared earlier Samsung models (say S10). The selfie camera photos still has a bit of processed look.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 19:10   #29707
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one considering the OnePlus 8 Pro? Thinking of upgrading from my OP7 Pro. Any thoughts?
Old 4th April 2020, 20:33   #29708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any one considering the OnePlus 8 Pro? Thinking of upgrading from my OP7 Pro. Any thoughts?
From the people I ve spoken too, most of them are pretty disappointed with OP's decision to go with a camera cut out on the screen rather than a pop up. Takes away from that complete immersive experience. Seems to be the flavor of the year.

Having said that, it probably means that it will have an official IP rating. Also, everything else would be top notch but it is not going to be an inexpensive device anymore. That ship sailed long ago.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 20:33   #29709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Well the only good news which has come just yesterday is that it has scored an A+ rating in the Displaymate tests; and has been rated as the BEST smartphone display till date. So yeah, that is quite a claim. There are no doubts that the OP 8/8 PRO will be the overall best Android phone in coming few days. What is left to be seen is how well OP prices it. We already know that it ain't no flagship killer anymore in terms of pricing; so let's see how they fair.
Having said that, going by the leaked specs; apart from the 120 Hz screen, slightly better cameras, punch-hole display, slightly better processor there is no significant difference between the 7 PRO and 8 PRO.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 21:19   #29710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Having said that, going by the leaked specs; apart from the 120 Hz screen, slightly better cameras, punch-hole display, slightly better processor there is no significant difference between the 7 PRO and 8 PRO.
Plus wireless charging if I understand correctly. Just to clarify, the 7 Pro is going to my teen soon, who is drooling at the prospect of me upgrading to the 8 Pro.

So, no question of trading it in etc. It stays within the family and will be very well utilized and appreciated

Agree about that camera punch hole. Irritating move.

Any ideas of what's going to be in the box? Wireless charging pad would be a very high case.

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th April 2020 at 21:21.
Old 8th April 2020, 01:07   #29711
BHPian

Re: 'Asus Max Pro M1' fingerprint scan NOT working?

For some reason, for the past few days 'fingerprint' scan is NOT working on my 'Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1'. When I place my finger on the 'sensor' it does NOT detect. But, If I restart the phone, it works for a while and then it goes back to the same situation.

Has any others experiencing the same? Is there any fix for this issue?
Please advise!

Old 8th April 2020, 01:57   #29712
Senior - BHPian

Issue with Nokia 6.1plus charging. I don't know it's the cable or the charging point in the phone but it has become a pain lately. Battery backup is decent but charging it has become painful as it keeps getting disconnected again and again. I need to keep checking every 5 mins to make sure it's charging

Anybody else facing this issue with this model? Mine is 1.5 years old phone & it's a C-type charger

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th April 2020 at 02:05.
Old 8th April 2020, 08:35   #29713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I don't know it's the cable or the charging point in the phone but it has become a pain lately.
First try with a different cable. I had a similar issue recently although it was after-market braided cable.
Old 8th April 2020, 09:38   #29714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Issue with Nokia 6.1plus charging. I don't know it's the cable or the charging point in the phone but it has become a pain lately. Battery backup is decent but charging it has become painful as it keeps getting disconnected again and again. I need to keep checking every 5 mins to make sure it's charging

Anybody else facing this issue with this model? Mine is 1.5 years old phone & it's a C-type charger
The initial batches of Nokia 6.1 plus (with 4gb ram) did have problems with their charging ports. The charging ports were replaced by Nokia under warranty. When they launched the 6gb ram version this problem was corrected. Do you have the earlier version or the latter one? Also some users reported that using a different better quality cable (like the one plus dash cable) solved the Problem for them so do try if you have any other original type c cable.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:42   #29715
BHPian

I have a Nokia 7 Plus. Over a period of time I feel that the media volume has drastically reduced. It was considerable loud when I got it. These days at times, I need to hold the phone near my ear to listen clearly. Any idea what can be done? Yes, the volume is in full.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks