Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 07:58   #29611
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Thanks for responding. Am looking for < 20k phone. Heavy user for email(screen, battery), music(battery) other use cases are average. Rugged screen to withstand toddler.

Using Mi Note 5 Pro..Was thinking of S31 but it has same 6gb RAM
Take a look at the Realme X2 or wait for the Redmi Note 9 / Pro series expected to launch in March. Redmi Note 9 is speculated to launch with the SD 720G processor while the Pro series should be coming with the Mediatek Dimensity 800.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th February 2020 at 12:08. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 28th February 2020, 11:10   #29612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey, has anyone bought/tried the Samsung Note 10 lite? Very interested as I think the S pen should be useful for work related stuff, but am a bit guarded about the 2 year old processor and the cameras?

I dont play any games on my mobile, but am a heavy content consumer, so lots of videos etc.
I've been using the Note 10 lite for about 20+ days now. I'd say go for this only if you want the S-Pen. I moved from a OnePlus 5T and am overall liking the experience. My only big grouse with the phone is the slow and unreliable fingerprint scanner.

I am not a phone gamer as well and the processor is more than capable for regular tasks and multitasking. The screen, camera & battery is also very good and the S-Pen works brilliantly which is the highlight of this device.

If you don't care much about the S-Pen, then the OnePlus 7T or even the S10 Lite probably makes more sense.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th February 2020 at 11:11.
Old 28th February 2020, 11:46   #29613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, has anyone bought/tried the Samsung Note 10 lite? Very interested as I think the S pen should be useful for work related stuff, but am a bit guarded about the 2 year old processor and the cameras?

I dont play any games on my mobile, but am a heavy content consumer, so lots of videos etc.

I have been using a Note 10 lite for a few weeks. The selfie camera is pathetic. It took some time for me to get used to the way finger print sensor works. Other than that I am having a good experience. I bought it for the SPen and the additional software that Samsung has over pure android. I prefer Samsung's version compared to pure android because of its multitasking abilities. Samsung pay is also a bonus. Remember you are paying almost 20k premium for this extra software+Spen. You will get the same phone with almost similar hardware spec for about 20k INR if you go for Redmi,Vivo etc. So unless you love that software stack, there is no point spending extra money.

Also I read somewhere one plus 7 has SAR value of 1.06 W/kg and Note 10 lite has .160 W/kg. Not that it made any difference to my purchase decision, just a fact if you are into that perspective.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 28th February 2020 at 11:54.
Old 28th February 2020, 11:56   #29614
BHPian

Thanks guys for the quick reviews on samsung note 10 lite. Interesting to note that almost every review bashes the FP sensor and the front camera. I will probably wait for the note 10 prices to fall and go for that.
Old 28th February 2020, 13:03   #29615
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for responding. Am looking for < 20k phone. Heavy user for email(screen, battery), music(battery) other use cases are average. Rugged screen to withstand toddler.

Using Mi Note 5 Pro..Was thinking of S31 but it has same 6GB RAM
Consider the Samsung M31 - https://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/galaxy-m/m31/

It comes with an sAMOLED screen, 6GB+ RAM and 6000mah battery. Get a good Spigen or equivalent protection case. Well within 20k too.

If you cannot wait till sales start, buy the M30S which is half a generation older but with almost similar specs except for the camera.

The Poco F1 is still a good phone due to its Snapdragon processor. But it has a LCD screen and 4000mah battery which doesn't suit your use cases.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 28th February 2020 at 13:10.
Old 28th February 2020, 14:38   #29616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
... The selfie camera is pathetic...
I've noticed that the actual photos look better than they look through the viewfinder. The quality through the front camera in the viewfinder mode looks terrible. Initially I went through the settings multiple times to see if some filter was on. Since the actual photos are decent, I'm ok with this considering I very rarely take selfies.

The rear cameras on the other hand take some really nice photos and video is good too.

Quote:
Thanks guys for the quick reviews on samsung note 10 lite. Interesting to note that almost every review bashes the FP sensor and the front camera. I will probably wait for the note 10 prices to fall and go for that.
I was in a very similar situation you seem to be in, where I always wanted a note phone for the S pen but could not convince myself to spend so much on a phone. Even if the Note 10 price drops, it won't drop by much considering the Note 9 is still retailing at around 65k.

If you want the S Pen, go ahead with the Note 10 Lite as it gets most things right. I feel today not having the latest hardware does not really affect the user experience unless you are a gamer or do video editing on your phone.

The difference in price to the flagship Note 10 is just too much IMHO. It helped that it cost me only 28k after exchange with a 2+ year old Oneplus 5T.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th February 2020 at 14:42.
Old 28th February 2020, 14:44   #29617
BHPian

While upgrading from Samsung S7edge, was looking for Samsung galaxy S10 and I finally bought S9+ for 27,999/- in Flipkart as the display is 6.2" and two lens auto aperture camera. There is S9 (5.8"display) for 22,999/- which looked like a steal for 2 generation old flagship mobile. The deal is still open in flipkart as of today.

This has Android 10 update and no worries for another 2-3 years.

Last edited by HighOctane : 28th February 2020 at 14:52.
Old 28th February 2020, 14:57   #29618
BHPian

I am more worried about the FP scanner on the note lite as this seems to be a very common complaint as well. Am using the one plus 6t for more than a year and it has been a great phone overall. I had the samsung s7 edge and while it was good, I had issues with the display twice. And Android updates were very slow. Somehow after seeing all your feedback, I feel I should just wait for the one plus 8.
Old 28th February 2020, 16:46   #29619
BANNED

Thanks longhorn. Will wait for what they come with - hate mediatek.

Thanks digital nirvana. M31 looks good wrt battery and camera but the proc and 6GB RAM same as current phone - yeh dil mange more
Old 28th February 2020, 20:57   #29620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Will update here about my purchase as and when it happens.
So finally after more than a month of my proverbial "research" I finally purchased Real Me X2 Pro Special Edition .

Traded in my existing Redmi Note 7 Pro (4/64 GB) for INR 8,200/- which brought down the price to INR 26000/-

The Flipkart guy tried his best to find a fault with the Redmi, but couldn't even after fiddling with it for 25 mins, thereby giving me the agreed trade-in value.

The money I saved by not buying a high end phone (Note 10 +), I plan on buying an iPad Air (256 GB) with it. After discount it costs INR 53,000/-

Would be glad to share any details on the new phone.

During this one month, I was too close on buying the following models -

LG G8X
One Plus 7T Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
iPhone XR (128 GB)

The only phone that I miss not buying is the iPhone XR. I hope the iPad will make it up for that.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 28th February 2020 at 21:05.
Old 28th February 2020, 22:59   #29621
BHPian

Quote:
So finally after more than a month of my proverbial "research" I finally purchased Real Me X2 Pro Special Edition .

Traded in my existing Redmi Note 7 Pro (4/64 GB) for INR 8,200/- which brought down the price to INR 26000/-
Wow!! That's some serious deviation from the initial list of phones.
But I must say, you go a superb deal there with the Redmi 7 Pro.

Do share your experience with the new device.
Old 29th February 2020, 08:13   #29622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's a solid deal you got on the Redmi Note 7 Pro (4/64 GB). A brand new one currently costs Rs 9999. No wonder the Flipkart guy was trying to find a fault. Maybe the advertised exchange price was just a click bait which went to bite Flipkart back in your case.
Old 29th February 2020, 08:53   #29623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
But I must say, you go a superb deal there with the Redmi 7 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
That's a solid deal you got on the Redmi Note 7 Pro (4/64 GB). A brand new one currently costs Rs 9999. No wonder the Flipkart guy was trying to find a fault. Maybe the advertised exchange price was just a click bait which went to bite Flipkart back in your case.
The original price was 14k - one that I paid; and most probably Safety is Param too .

Considering that the model isn't even a year old, the buy back price is just about okay. Again, the offer price varies with models - a colleague picked up a mid segment Oppo last year after exchanging the first gen Moto G for 8K. No marks for guessing that he was all smiles .

Having said that, Redmi Note 7 Pro at 10K is real a value for money deal - i.e, if you can ignore the bombarding ads that Xiaomi pushes on a regular basis.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:23   #29624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Again, the offer price varies with models - a colleague picked up a mid segment Oppo last year after exchanging the first gen Moto G for 8K. No marks for guessing that he was all smiles .

Having said that, Redmi Note 7 Pro at 10K is real a value for money deal - i.e, if you can ignore the bombarding ads that Xiaomi pushes on a regular basis.
Very true. I too got a good deal on the purchase of the Redmi K20 for my Mum.
I exchanged a 3+ year old Redmi Note 3 for 5k; additional card discount of 1.5k. Final landing price of Redmi K20 was 13.5k.
This was during some Mobile Fab sale on Flipkart in the month of January.
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:39   #29625
BHPian

Quote:
You could consider the Poco X2. You can get the 8GB RAM variant under 20k. It has a smooth 120Hz display, excellent cameras and great battery life as well. The Snapdragon 730G chip is also a great performer. You'll also be getting the familiarity of MIUI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks