Old 10th February 2020, 19:59   #29536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
The differences are -

1. Processor
2. OS shipped from factory
3. Threshold internal storage values (8 GB / 256 GB in 7T Pro vs. 6 GB / 128 GB in 7 Pro)

There may be more.
But the 7 Pro also has 8GB 256 GB option.
Old 11th February 2020, 00:25   #29537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
But the 7 Pro also has 8GB 256 GB option.
Yes, it has, and that's why I used the term "threshold".

6 GB/128 GB variant is INR 40,000
8 GB/256 GB variant is INR 43,000
8 GB/256 GB Almond variant is INR 53,000 (making it equal to 7T Pro pricing)

Also, from my limited research in the last few days, I have observed that Qualcomm 855 vs. 855+ is not that big a difference.

The improvements in the Pro version are in the camera department, macro mode, super slow motion @ 960 FPS, Warp Charge 30T, inbuilt OS, weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Warp Charge started with 7 Pro. It was Dash charge till 7.
There is a 23% difference in the charging speed between the One Plus 7T Pro and the 7 Pro.

The Warp Charge 30T technology was incorporated in the "T" series of phones in 2019.

Quote:
7 Pro has an option to switch the screen refresh rate between 60 and 90 Hz, I think 7t Pro is 90 Hz by default.
The refresh rate can be toggled between 60 & 90 Hz in all models.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 11th February 2020 at 00:50.
Old 11th February 2020, 00:42   #29538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7 Pro and 7T Pro is Warp Charge 30T.
Warp Charge started with 7 Pro. It was Dash charge till 7. 7 Pro has an option to switch the screen refresh rate between 60 and 90 Hz, I think 7t Pro is 90 Hz by default.

A colleague who brought the 7 Pro recently got the Bullets headset free with it.
Old 13th February 2020, 09:40   #29539
Team-BHP Support

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-whatsapp-image-20200210-09.08.13.jpeg

My Honor 10 finally got updated with Android 10 and a new UI from Huawei / Honor. I believe it is the last Android update for this, though security updates should come for a few months.

I got this phone in May '18 and it still is as snappy as it was on day one. Camera on a clear day or under sufficient light continues to impress and the best part is, it is pretty stable.

We were 3 of us on a recent trip to Kolkata and were using Uber a lot, their Pixel 2 XL, Note 9, S9 used to drain out and it was my phone which was exclusively used there for all apps [cabs / food / maps] you name it.

Replacement would be hard to find [when the time comes] in the ~30K price range, so I am using it till it lasts.
Old 13th February 2020, 19:10   #29540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Replacement would be hard to find [when the time comes] in the ~30K price range, so I am using it till it lasts.
Pretty much the same experience with my Honor View 10 as it has also received the Android 10 update last week. Still gives me upwards of 5hr SoT even after 2 years of very heavy usage.
I am looking at a used Asus 6z or Asus RoG 2 as replacement, but quite content for now and will only upgrade if I find any of the above 2 phones for a very good deal.
Old 14th February 2020, 13:51   #29541
BHPian

Quote:
Warp Charge started with 7 Pro. It was Dash charge till 7.
'Dash Charge' has been renamed as 'Charging Rapidly' in all old phones due to some copyright issue with the word Dash.

Hence, they came up with 'Warp' charging. The 7T siblings use Warp Charge 30T as mentioned above.

On the 7T, if you use a Dash Charging charger, it charges at a slower rate than Warp 30T & displays 'Charging Rapidly'
Old 14th February 2020, 15:27   #29542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
On the 7T, if you use a Dash Charging charger, it charges at a slower rate than Warp 30T & displays 'Charging Rapidly'
Does it make sense to use terms like. 25W charger, 35W charger 40W charger, etc?
Old 14th February 2020, 15:32   #29543
Team-BHP Support

All its other merits aside, of which the OnePlus devices have plenty, I think the crazy Warp Charging becomes an absolute must-have. Once you get used to seeing your phone charge at that pace everything else feels like it's taking forever!
Old 14th February 2020, 15:47   #29544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Does it make sense to use terms like. 25W charger, 35W charger 40W charger, etc?
The wattage of the charger tells you how quickly your phone battery will get charged. This is a simple way to compare different fast charge technologies (one single parameter).
I think the reason they abandoned the Ampere units is because Quick Charge and Dash-Charge use different voltages while charging. Earlier the standard USB voltage of 5V was used. Now Quick Charge 2.0 uses 5V, 9V, 12V etc.
In such cases the comparison would be accurate in terms of Wattage rather than Amps. More details are given in the Wikipedia pages below:
VOOC
Quick Charge
Just wanted to add - It is quite easy to buy a car adapter with a Quick Charge feature, Dash charge on the other hand seems not so popular.

Last edited by mvadg : 14th February 2020 at 15:53.
Old 14th February 2020, 15:48   #29545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It does, but what would the marketing guys do then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
All its other merits aside, of which the OnePlus devices have plenty, I think the crazy Warp Charging becomes an absolute must-have. Once you get used to seeing your phone charge at that pace everything else feels like it's taking forever!
+1. Even dash charging seems slow if you get used to warp charging.
Old 14th February 2020, 20:09   #29546
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your inputs.
I will go with the One Plus 7T Pro.
If it's not extremely urgent and if budget's not an issue, I would suggest you to wait for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
It's estimated to be launched in the last week of March.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th February 2020 at 09:20. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 14th February 2020, 21:15   #29547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
So true! One of the cons of the OP 7 Pro is the battery life but the Warp charge makes up for it. I just leave it for 10 mins and I get a healthy charge back in.
Old 14th February 2020, 21:16   #29548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
If it's not extremely urgent and if budget's not an issue, I would suggest you to wait for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
It's estimated to be launched in the last week of March.
Yes, thanks, I have not yet purchased anything.

Routine care of the curved display is putting me off of the One Plus 7T Pro, and, One Plus continues to lag on the camera front (remember, these are not mid range phones, so expectations are natural).

Personal opinion - The One Plus 7T is a balance of all four "7 series" launched last year by One Plus. However, as I mentioned in an earlier post, my better half already has it, so I don't want one more with me.

I have never used an IPhone before, and was eager to buy one this time, but the 2 models I was eyeing - XR and 11 - are not with Apple flagship displays. Also, the wide notch in the XR didn't appeal to me much during my time with YouTube.

Anything more than that for an IPhone is out of my budget. IPhone X is/was good, but is out of all major stores and e-tailers.

I am most probably going to go ahead with the LG G8X from Reliance Digital.

I fully understand the lack of software updates and UFS 2.1 with LG, and I take back what I wrote in my earlier post about it, however, I want to try something different this time.

There is a huge dearth of screen guard and back case for this phone, let me tell you that, but the box comes with a TPU case to get started with. Also, I have heard something called Protection Pro (glass protection) in Reliance Digital and Croma, something I will explore in a couple of days.

Have been watching it on You Tube almost all this week, and I feel it's worth giving a shot.

Will update here about my purchase as and when it happens.

In the meantime, this video is a good perspective on the smartphone market today. I am sure most of us would have watched it, but sharing nonetheless.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 14th February 2020 at 21:22.
Old 14th February 2020, 21:21   #29549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So true! One of the cons of the OP 7 Pro is the battery life but the Warp charge makes up for it. I just leave it for 10 mins and I get a healthy charge back in.
Here's my measuring stick: I can have my phone close to dead at halftime in a football game, I can get it juiced back up before the second half kicks off. Life's sorted.
Old 14th February 2020, 22:40   #29550
BANNED

The makers are pulling off a Maruti Suzuki on customers. Overlappingng price ranges, overlapping models and blurred borders between segments. The 70s was the other option I was looking at when I ended up buying the S10 lite. Didn't have the patience to wait for A71.

The latest iteration of the Reno is coming up, might be a good alternative to LG and OnePlus 7T siblings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks