Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 17:33   #28231
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys i am planning to move from Apple to android and cant decide between the poco f1 and op6t. I want something that is fast, lag free with a good battery and camera. The poco f1 is perfectly priced but i heard its got ads and some bloatware in the OS. I would not mind stretching for the OP6T provided the 17k price difference makes sense.
I plan to use it for 3 years.
i currently use a iphone 6 128Gb and its been with me for a little over 3 years.
Any help would be great.
Old 29th November 2018, 18:12   #28232
BHPian

You might as well get the OnePlus 6T. The PocoF1 may be top notch in hardware but the software is not optimized enough.
Also, there are ads even in the stock apps which you may not like being an iOS user.
The OnePlus 6T has excellent battery life and also charges fast with Dash Charging, and is as fast as an iPhone XS in general use.
I believe if money is not an issue, then OP6T is the phone to get.
Old 29th November 2018, 19:32   #28233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone replaced the battery on their One Plus 3? If yes, can you please share details on the cost and procedure? Will the official One Plus store be able to do this?
Yes, they are very efficient. Here in Koramangala, they had me wait just 20 mins. You can take an appt, or just walk in. It was around 1k, but the pricing is given on the link posted earlier.
Old 29th November 2018, 20:35   #28234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
You can check the prices on OnePlus website. https://www.oneplus.in/support/repair-pricing
Except atrociously priced motherboards (most brands charge similar), spares are pretty reasonably priced, even for current models that aren't as cheap anymore.
Old 30th November 2018, 01:53   #28235
BHPian

Could you guys suggest some good phones that can last for 3 years for a budget of <30k? Current or upcoming Android phones. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2018, 08:33   #28236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
You can check the prices on OnePlus website. https://www.oneplus.in/support/repair-pricing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Yes, they are very efficient. Here in Koramangala, they had me wait just 20 mins. You can take an appt, or just walk in. It was around 1k, but the pricing is given on the link posted earlier.
Thanks for the suggestions. Battery looks quite reasonably priced

Will drop into the OP store on Brigade Road soon!
Old 1st December 2018, 13:32   #28237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Could you guys suggest some good phones that can last for 3 years for a budget of <30k? Current or upcoming Android phones. Thanks.
If you can stretch your budget a little, I'd say One plus 6 or One plus 6T
Old 1st December 2018, 14:06   #28238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Probably this has been asked before. Have the manufacturers stopped making smaller phones? I was looking for something with max width of 70 mm to replace my 3 year old oneplus X. Budget is 16k. But there is hardly anything available. The options available are flagships like Samsung S9 / Pixel 3, but are way over my budget. I find big phones unmanageable, be it keeping in trouser pocket or handling with one hand. Any decent options?
A couple of weeks back I was in exact same situation. Replaced my 3 year old onePlus X with Nokia 6.1plus.Sadly no other phone available this side of 20k, which is as compact. This one although has 5.8" screen, it doesn't feel too big compared to OP X due to notch display. It fits perfectly in your budget

I picked it up on some offer day for 14,999. Now its available for 15,999 but keep an eye as often such offers keep popping up. BTW just read Nokia is releasing 7.1 on December 7th at around 19k. You might wanna wait for that as well. Dimensions, battery and processor all look identical and this would come with Andorid Pie out-of-box. 6.1 plus had Oreo out-of-box, but update to Pie was readily available by the time I picked it up. Both are part of Android One program so am hoping for next 2 years updates will be available. And due to 7.1 release 6.1 plus price might reduce a bit as well.

Here quoting my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Anyways I would concur with the below suggestions on trying out Nokia 6.1 plus. I got the suggestion here on TBHP itself and picked it up last week. Stock android experience has been pretty smooth and am loving it. At 15k its a good deal for sure. More so for me as I needed a compact phone. At 151gms its pretty light as well.

My only grudge is I expected a quicker recharge time. Currently it takes a little more than 2 hours to charge. But I guess it does support turbo-charging if we buy the charger separately.

Some cool covers are available online. Got one from amazon Attachment 1822246

Attachment 1822247

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st December 2018 at 14:17.
Old 1st December 2018, 17:16   #28239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
. BTW just read Nokia is releasing 7.1 on December 7th at around 19k. You might wanna wait for that as well. Dimensions, battery and processor all look identical and this would come with Andorid Pie out-of-box.
Thanks for your feeback on Nokia 6.1. on Nokia 7.1, if everything is identical, then what do we get additional for 3K?
Old 1st December 2018, 17:47   #28240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Thanks for your feeback on Nokia 6.1. on Nokia 7.1, if everything is identical, then what do we get additional for 3K?
Well what I could see online, it's a tad bit larger display(.4" more), HDR10 compliant and 9gms heavier. Am guessing slightly better hardware. And maybe has quicker charging. 6.1plus takes 2 hrs+ from 10% bar

Would be clearer once it's released in India.

P.S: 6.1 and 6.1plus are two different models. I was talking about 6.1+ (plus)

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st December 2018 at 17:50.
Old 1st December 2018, 22:34   #28241
Senior - BHPian

^^

I recently installed the November security patch for Nokia 6.1 plus. Must say Nokia is doing a great job in providing timely updates. However, seems that there a few bugs in this patch and some Apps like WhatsApp are behaving weirdly sometimes. I don't know whether it is Google or Nokia to blame. ANyways, unless you need, better not to install the November patch and wait for the Dec one which hopefully would be better.

Regarding the charging, I tried with MI QC3.0 quick charger but it did not help the speed much. It charges to 75-80% in 1 hour 10-15 mins but takes a long time to go from 80 to 100%.

Overall, a very nice device at this price considering the design, build, timely android updates guaranteed for 3 years, decent camera (particularly with Google camera).
Old 2nd December 2018, 16:21   #28242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^

I recently installed the November security patch for Nokia 6.1 plus. Must say Nokia is doing a great job in providing timely updates. However, seems that there a few bugs in this patch and some Apps like WhatsApp are behaving weirdly sometimes. I don't know whether it is Google or Nokia to blame. ANyways, unless you need, better not to install the November patch and wait for the Dec one which hopefully would be better.

Regarding the charging, I tried with MI QC3.0 quick charger but it did not help the speed much. It charges to 75-80% in 1 hour 10-15 mins but takes a long time to go from 80 to 100%.

Overall, a very nice device at this price considering the design, build, timely android updates guaranteed for 3 years, decent camera (particularly with Google camera).
Hello Adi, could you please share the source from where you downloaded the Google Camera for 6.1 plus?

I already have one installed, but the problem is sometimes it does not save the images which were clicked.

Thanks,
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:19   #28243
Distinguished - BHPian

Xiaomi have issued a couple of "security" updates for the Mi A1 since the last one that I applied. That last one made it impossible to even enter recovery mode without wiping the data. That's too much "security" for me!

Of course, if I had not rooted, and just left everything as stock, it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:33   #28244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Outsider! View Post
Hello Adi, could you please share the source from where you downloaded the Google Camera for 6.1 plus?

I already have one installed, but the problem is sometimes it does not save the images which were clicked.

Thanks,
I just went to the thread on XDA and tried a few.
Please note that the bug you mentioned was there on the new Pixel 3/3XL as well and it happens with me sometimes as well but rarely. ALso, make sure you turn motion off as otherwise the app keeps on crashing.
If you want to make sure the photo is saved properly, check once in Google photos or click with the stock Nokia camera App as well.

Any suggestion for a decent cover for the 6.1 plus? I was using a transparent cover from Amazon and its already turned yellow, happens with almost all transparent covers I have tried so far in different phones.
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:57   #28245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I just went to the thread on XDA and tried a few.
Please note that the bug you mentioned was there on the new Pixel 3/3XL as well and it happens with me sometimes as well but rarely. ALso, make sure you turn motion off as otherwise the app keeps on crashing.
If you want to make sure the photo is saved properly, check once in Google photos or click with the stock Nokia camera App as well.

Any suggestion for a decent cover for the 6.1 plus? I was using a transparent cover from Amazon and its already turned yellow, happens with almost all transparent covers I have tried so far in different phones.
Thanks for your reply, Adi.

I will check for the app on XDA as you mentioned.

I am also contemplating to buy a back cover, as I can see some minor scratches on the back panel in the bottom part which comes in contact with the keys kept in pocket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks