Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 21:20   #27811
BHPian

Re: WhatsApp Voice call?

Please do recommend a good app to record whatsapp voice calls!

I have been looking around in play store and couldn't find any which suits my need.
Old 25th September 2018, 21:28   #27812
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My question few posts ago was buried with some diversions! So asking again:

Is there any android phone with international warranty, like unlocked iphones have? The prices are lucrative overseas, but I don't want to end up with a costly paperweight!

EDIT: I found that Pixel & Pixel 2 have world wide warranty!
https://support.google.com/pixelphon...LZZjXvo/?hl=by

Any other phones? Galaxy?

Last edited by ani_meher : 25th September 2018 at 21:32.
Old 25th September 2018, 22:25   #27813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Is actually a good idea to keep animation speed to zero. Then the phone really becomes quite fast.
My 2+ year old Mi5 is still quite fast. I don't really see any lags whatsoever.
Exactly, it works like a charm.
Though animation off does make interface a little bit boring, as the menus just flash quickly.
Old 27th September 2018, 16:29   #27814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
As suggested above, Pixel 2XL is retailing in excess of 45K (Current prices on both FK and Amazon are above 50K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Amazon sells in grey I think. Flipkart is the only seller and its out of stock right now. Might be back in few weeks.

I picked up mine for 45K on sale.
I see that Paytm Mall is running a cashback offer of Rs 6500 on the Pixel 2 XL 64GB Black version. Effective price is Rs 38900 which seems to be a steal

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-capture.png
Old 27th September 2018, 17:16   #27815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I see that Paytm Mall is running a cashback offer of Rs 6500 on the Pixel 2 XL 64GB Black version. Effective price is Rs 38900 which seems to be a steal

Attachment 1802657
On top of that 2K for Amex card so 36,900. Its a fantastic deal.
Old 28th September 2018, 09:00   #27816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
On top of that 2K for Amex card so 36,900. Its a fantastic deal.
But be very careful with PayTM mall. One of my colleagues had a horrible experience with them. She had bought an iPhone and it seemed to be packed well. However, the logo of the apple was chipped on the back of the phone! Seller was refusing to cooperate but Apple being Apple, they were very supportive when she went to the Apple store with the issue. They reviewed the piece and gave her a replacement. Since Google is not Apple when it comes to support, saving that few thousands might prove to be a bitter experience.
Old 28th September 2018, 22:50   #27817
Senior - BHPian

With Chrome not functioning properly for the last couple of days, I had been looking for a viable alternative android browser. Started using Brave since this afternoon. In a span of ten hours, the browser claims to have blocked 1,400 advertisements and 1,500 trackers.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20180928223041831_com.brave.browser.png

Brave

Disclaimer: No affiliations or interests.
Old 29th September 2018, 12:37   #27818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
However, the logo of the apple was chipped on the back of the phone!

Someone took an extra bite off the apple . Jokes apart, I have purchased a stand-by SE last year and 6S 3 years ago, from PayTM and find their prices unbeatable ( with the CB they offer). And now they offer GST bills ( I purchase in company name to get ITC) and Exchange too. With this, they are really competitive vis-a vis Amazon, Flipkart and the likes.
Old 30th September 2018, 08:38   #27819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
That's one of the reasons I bought an Android One phone. But there is no sign of Pie which they have promised to out in Sep, which ends in 5 days.
How miserably wrong I was! Got the update yesterday. I guess the Nokia 7 plus is the first phone outside the pixel series to get Pie. Kudos Nokia.
Old 30th September 2018, 08:55   #27820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the Nokia 7 plus is the first phone outside the pixel series to get Pie. Kudos Nokia.
The Essential Phone got Pie on day 1 itself, along Google's phones.

But yes, such trivia aside, one must appreciate those manufacturers like Nokia, OnePlus who are rolling out Pie quickly onto their devices, and hopefully that spurs the others to do so as well.
Old 1st October 2018, 07:34   #27821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
With Chrome not functioning properly for the last couple of days, I had been looking for a viable alternative android browser. Started using Brave since this afternoon. In a span of ten hours, the browser claims to have blocked 1,400 advertisements and 1,500 trackers.
I have been using Firefox focus for quite sometime now. It does a good job of blocking the trackers and ads. But sometimes embedded content (tweets etc.) doesn't show up in the other web pages .
Old 1st October 2018, 07:49   #27822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I bought an Android One phone. But there is no sign of Pie which they have promised to out in Sep, which ends in 5 days.
I have a Nokia 6.1 or 2018 Nokia 6 which is an Android One phone. I still haven't got the Pie update.
Old 1st October 2018, 10:51   #27823
Oxy
BHPian

I don't understand why the latest Android One devices are still coming with Oreo out of the box instead of Pie.

I am looking to upgrade from a Redmi Note 3 as that's still stuck on Marshmallow, so my next device has to be an Android One. But them coming with Oreo is just disappointing.

Last edited by Oxy : 1st October 2018 at 10:53.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:07   #27824
Distinguished - BHPian

My A1 came with N, and an OTA to O. Frankly, though, I don't know that Oreo has given me anything that I particularly needed or wanted: I am in no hurry at all to get to Pie. Why? Well, I guess I'll read one or two articles to see what's new, and go for it if I want it. Stuff like new smilies, though, is far too trivial to be interesting

The Mi A1 is getting regular security updates. That seems to me to be a very good idea. Having said that, I have not applied August or September updates simply because I am lazy. Having rooted the phone I'm lazy and a little nervous to go through the necessary processes to apply the updates: this, I admit, is not such a good idea.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:30   #27825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My A1 came with N, and an OTA to O. Frankly, though, I don't know that Oreo has given me anything that I particularly needed or wanted: I am in no hurry at all to get to Pie.
So true. I keep switching between ROMs, just to see what is new. Currently trying a ROM based on Pie. After novelty of new features wears off in first week, I wonder what big benefit I got by moving to this version of Android. I am perfectly happy with Android Marshmallow based ROM too!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks