Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 18:36   #12931
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
Since no one posted a response to my earlier query, I went ahead and updated my S2 to CM10.
Do you have Camera, Video recording and Wifi tethering working on CM10?

Another issue that I found was when I do a 'quick reply' to a message, results in a reboot. Do you have this issue as well?
Old 5th December 2012, 18:41   #12932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Do you have Camera, Video recording and Wifi tethering working on CM10?

Another issue that I found was when I do a 'quick reply' to a message, results in a reboot. Do you have this issue as well?
When I installed CM10, Camera and video recording were working fine but those annoying AOSP still kept popping as soon as I exited out of the camera. This prompted me to go for another ROM.

Below is what I posted earlier.

Quote:
Android Keyboard (AOSP) was failing and since that is the only default stock keyboard, I can't type in anything. Irritatingly, it kept on showing those darn alerts saying that the process stopped unexpectedly. I used cm-10-20121204-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip ROM. Thinking that it could be an issue with this ROM, I used cm-10-20121202-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip as well. It too failed on me.
In X-TremE JB AOKP ROM (CM Kernel - Apex Launcher), camera and others are working super fine. I don't have any issues whatsoever.

Last edited by hurricanes : 5th December 2012 at 18:42.
Old 5th December 2012, 18:52   #12933
Senior - BHPian

@offroad_maniac & @nishantgandhi
Thanks guys, I figured the complete wipe method myself and am glad that I did it exactly the way you suggested, except for any backup as I didn't have much data/sms to save.

GB based WIUI is a rocket. Everything is super simple and super sweet, except I can't disconnect any calls. Any call that I've answered today had to be disconnected from the other end. Also the display would continue to remain blacked out like the proximity sensor wasn't working. Known glitches??

EDIT - Speaker doesn't work while I'm on call, looks like I can't really do anything when connected over phone.

Last edited by fine69 : 5th December 2012 at 18:55.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:16   #12934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Is anyone using HUAWEI HONOR? at 14k the spec looks very nice. however i was not very impressed with the build quality. the back panel felt/look bit cheap...

I was also impressed with HUAWEI IDEOS X5+ specs, camera dint seem to be very good.
X5 PRO is available for 8k on Flipkart (2k cashback). I just booked one, the only negatives I could read is the not-so-good camera, but everything else seems fine for a 8k mobile.

http://www.flipkart.com/huawei-ideos...wei%20x5%20pro
Old 5th December 2012, 20:47   #12935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Thanks guys, I figured the complete wipe method myself and am glad that I did it exactly the way you suggested, except for any backup as I didn't have much data/sms to save.

GB based WIUI is a rocket. Everything is super simple and super sweet, except I can't disconnect any calls. Any call that I've answered today had to be disconnected from the other end. Also the display would continue to remain blacked out like the proximity sensor wasn't working. Known glitches??

EDIT - Speaker doesn't work while I'm on call, looks like I can't really do anything when connected over phone.
Which version are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm

X5 PRO is available for 8k on Flipkart (2k cashback). I just booked one, the only negatives I could read is the not-so-good camera, but everything else seems fine for a 8k mobile.

http://www.flipkart.com/huawei-ideos...wei%20x5%20pro
Looks like an awesome device for that price. A worthy rival to Defy, especially because the latter is now out of stock everywhere. How's the XDA community support for Honor?

Last edited by Eddy : 5th December 2012 at 22:30. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2012, 21:30   #12936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Looks like an awesome device for that price. A worthy rival to Defy, especially because the latter is now out of stock everywhere. How's the XDA community support for Honor?
Decent, they have their seperate sub-forum and around 150 ROM's. Could see MIUI (ICS), CM9 and a few beta JB ROM's. Might probably flash a MIUI since mom will be using this cell.
Old 5th December 2012, 21:36   #12937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi

Which version are you on?

Proximity sensor doesn't work while on call, neither does speaker, not even end call button...very disappointed after everything was turning out to be so cool :-(

Let me know guys if this can be fixed somehow

EDIT - MIUI 2.10.27

Last edited by fine69 : 5th December 2012 at 21:38.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:04   #12938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

its a known problem. solvable in under ten seconds

i have posted this same link multiple times!!
Old 5th December 2012, 22:04   #12939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm

Decent, they have their seperate sub-forum and around 150 ROM's. Could see MIUI (ICS), CM9 and a few beta JB ROM's. Might probably flash a MIUI since mom will be using this cell.
150+? I thought that kind of number was only for Nexus devices and S3! Are you sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69

Proximity sensor doesn't work while on call, neither does speaker, not even end call button...very disappointed after everything was turning out to be so cool :-(

Let me know guys if this can be fixed somehow

EDIT - MIUI 2.10.27
I didn't face this issue on 2.10.27. Check your proximity sensor setting under display options.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:36   #12940
Senior - BHPian

Guess what, everything is suddenly ok. Proximity sensor is working alright, calls going on speaker and I can disconnect calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

its a known problem. solvable in under ten seconds

i have posted this same link multiple times!!
I'm not sure whether my problem was the same, specially because it wasn't just the proximity sensor, I lost other functions also while on call.

Quote:
I didn't face this issue on 2.10.27. Check your proximity sensor setting under display options.
I did that before posting here and since everything is back to normal by itself it definitely wasn't any setting that disabled all those functions.

Will keep it under observation for the next two days and update again.

Friend/Colleague: Alright then, talk to you later
Me: Sure thing, please disconnect the call from your end
Friend/Colleague: What?!
Me: Nothing, bye! <praying that he disconnects or activating the flight mode from notification bar to disconnect it myself>

That's exactly how my conversations went during the last few hours of work.
Old 5th December 2012, 23:45   #12941
BHPian

Quote:
150+? I thought that kind of number was only for Nexus devices and S3! Are you sure?
The U8800 version has 150+ topics, though the majority of the ROM's must be obsolete and defunct I guess. The pro has around a 110 topics.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1120

-----

EDIT: Found another good deal on eBay. HTC One V with Beats audio for 6500. Locked to Virgin and CDMA.

http://geb.ebay.in/g/HTC-One-V-with-...d=140894314113

Last edited by prateekm : 5th December 2012 at 23:58.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:48   #12942
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for swype kind of "free" keyboard available on play store that runs ok on WIUI 2.3.7
Old 6th December 2012, 12:21   #12943
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting fed up with my Xperia Sola. Most of the times it is very slow. Sometimes takes few seconds t even bring up the dialer or to answer a call. The battery life is pathetic even with minimal usage. It seems to lose 20-25% battery overnight, even if I put it in airplane mode. The ICS upgrade seems to have made it worse.

Anyone else facing these issues?
Old 6th December 2012, 13:35   #12944
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for swype kind of "free" keyboard available on play store that runs ok on WIUI 2.3.7
Have you tried Touchpal?
Old 6th December 2012, 13:53   #12945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not Swype itself? It runs wonderfully. There is a link on Wajk's page as well on how to install and register it.

Touchpal is an alternative but I've never liked it much. The new update makes it less intuitive as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks