Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:28   #12901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
On my Ginger Bread, I get this call, contacts, sms, apps icons on the bottom of the screen.

How do I remove the call and contacts icons?
GB?
the same way as you do for an app/widget on the screens.
keep it pressed, and drag it to the bin.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:30   #12902
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
I'm totally confused right now. Xperia U is a brilliant phone, even I was thinking about buying the same, but 8 GB internal memory put me off. Motorola have closed shop, so I'm a bit skeptical about buying their phones right now.

My friend is planning to sell his Nokia X7 and I was thinking about getting it. Admit it's not android, it's Nokia and all but I really liked the design and build of the phone. And I really wanna check out the Windows 8 phones, So planning to use X7 as a stop gap arrangement till then.
Isn't the X7 a symbian? That OS is dead so won't really recommend it.

If you want to go for a Windows 8 phone in future, buy one cheap Windows 7.5 phone now to get a hang of it, not a symbian please!

Do you know someone in the US who's coming back in the recent future? If so, try getting the Google Nexus 4 from there. It's really worth it and not available in India.

Or try getting an entry level android for now. I recently picked up the Xperia Mini Pro and am very happy with it.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:48   #12903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector
All Samsung Galaxy S2 users,how much has your battery lasted?(Not in terms of charge but its life).
One and a half years and still going strong!
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:27   #12904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Hi Neerajpv

For me memory was not a deal breaker at all. And it purely depends on your requirements.
My device has got 16+16 gigs. I love carrying videos and tonnes of images. After months of usage I have realised that so much is a bit too much.
I do offload pics and videos and reload with new ones. I'm sure you too would do that for backup or otherwise.
I think U has 8 GB = 2 for system, 2 for apps and 4 for your files. I'm still happy with my 2GB ipod nano which holds ~400+ songs.

Let us know your views on X7 too. Personally I would recommend an android ecosystem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Isn't the X7 a symbian? That OS is dead so won't really recommend it.

If you want to go for a Windows 8 phone in future, buy one cheap Windows 7.5 phone now to get a hang of it, not a symbian please!

Do you know someone in the US who's coming back in the recent future? If so, try getting the Google Nexus 4 from there. It's really worth it and not available in India.

Or try getting an entry level android for now. I recently picked up the Xperia Mini Pro and am very happy with it.
After all the suggestions I've narrowed my choices to Lumia 820, HTC 8S, Nexus 4 & Galaxy S2 (in order of priority). I've decided to wait for a couple of months, and then take the plunge. As for now, I'll get the X7 and use it along with my BB. Thanks for all the help
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:56   #12905
BHPian

Guys, I wanted to buy a Google Nexus whilst at Italy, priced at Rs. 12,000 but no stock , stocks were expected after 3 days, but I had to return to India.

Price at Dubai Duty Free - Rs. 19,000 - way too expensive .

Tradus offers Nexus 7 at Rs. 16,349. How safe is Tradus? Has any one bought anything through Tradus so far?
Any opinions will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:30   #12906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Guys, I wanted to buy a Google Nexus whilst at Italy, priced at Rs. 12,000 but no stock , stocks were expected after 3 days, but I had to return to India.

Price at Dubai Duty Free - Rs. 19,000 - way too expensive .

Tradus offers Nexus 7 at Rs. 16,349. How safe is Tradus? Has any one bought anything through Tradus so far?
Any opinions will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
There is a deal on Homeshop18 for Nexus 7 costing 14.8k. Get it

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...ria-superdeal/
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:42   #12907
Senior - BHPian

WIUI JB based ROM isn't what I expected. Though its all jazzed up but the lag gets unbearable at times.

Any idea how I can get the GB ROM? If at all I have the option of going back!
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:42   #12908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Any idea how to add gtalk to JB based WIUI ROM? Its not available anywhere on the play store
Google talk is already included in MIUI/WIUI ROMs. If not you can simply download from play Store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac

If your base rom is JB, then please check out the minimal JB apps links on quarx's CM10 thread. These minimal gapps works great & also saves space in /system partition.

Simply download the zip in your sd card & flash using recovery.
Else, use ES file explorer & open that zip, & install only the gtalk as required.
Afaik there ain't an option to separately flash minimal gapps in MIUI/WIUI. Also, I didn't need to do any such thing in the Ginger Bread version. I see no reason why JB version should be differently built.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:00   #12909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
GB?
the same way as you do for an app/widget on the screens.
keep it pressed, and drag it to the bin.
Pressing the 4 icons on the bottom of the page does nothing like that.
The rest of the icons get drag enabled when long pressed.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:04   #12910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
There is a deal on Homeshop18 for Nexus 7 costing 14.8k. Get it

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...ria-superdeal/
Thanks Prateek, ordered for one!
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:09   #12911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
Google talk is already included in MIUI/WIUI ROMs. If not you can simply download from play Store.

Afaik there ain't an option to separately flash minimal gapps in MIUI/WIUI. Also, I didn't need to do any such thing in the Ginger Bread version. I see no reason why JB version should be differently built.
Actually in CM10 builds we have to flash Gapps separately. I recommended minimal Gapps as it will take less space in system partition. Defy got only 325MB system space which is used by ROM + system apps.

I am not really sure if jb based MIUI roms have skipped gtalk or not as i had only tried gb based miui which was fantastic & had almost all the required stuffs including call recorder & blacklist app inbuilt. Haven't tried jb based miui yet, as base rom (CM10) itself is not stable yet IMO
& CM10.1 (JB 4.2) is also not yet good for daily use
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:20   #12912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
I am not really sure if jb based MIUI roms have skipped gtalk or not as i had only tried gb based miui which was fantastic & had almost all the required stuffs including call recorder & blacklist app inbuilt. Haven't tried jb based miui yet, as base rom (CM10) itself is not stable yet IMO
& CM10.1 (JB 4.2) is also not yet good for daily use
You bet it ain't good for daily use. I'd only seen the demo on youtube and fell in love with it.
And it turned out exactly how most of the love marriages do

Any pointers on how I can go back to GB based WIUI ROM?

Last edited by fine69 : 3rd December 2012 at 23:23.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:57   #12913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
You bet it ain't good for daily use. I'd only seen the demo on Youtube and fell in love with it.
And it turned out exactly how most of the love marriages do

Any pointers on how I can go back to GB based WIUI ROM?
Umm err if you go back a few pages I had suggested you to try the 2.5.27 version GB ROM of Wajk! The ICS or JB Rom ain't at all stable or good for daily use.

Now you have to do a complete wipe and flash the GB one. Remember to do a cache, dalvik and battery stats wipe as well after flashing.
Old 4th December 2012, 01:44   #12914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Pressing the 4 icons on the bottom of the page does nothing like that.
The rest of the icons get drag enabled when long pressed.
BB get a third party Launcher app, you can play with a lot of stuff. Try Go launcher, pretty decent one, also allows you to change scrolling between screen animations

Go Launcher
Old 4th December 2012, 04:51   #12915
Senior - BHPian

Got my LG 4X HD yesterday. At $376 its an absolute VFM. The screen is superb and so is the useability. The LG layering is as good as not there. Its like a vanila os experience. The phone is running on Android 4.0.3. 4.0.4 or 4.1 is awaited. The phone doesnt lag in any ways. Played a few HD games and did some video watching too but no issues at all. Shall test the battery and report in a few days. Has a 2150 mah battery. Some reviews state that this phone has a fifth core for battery mgmt.

The quick note feature provided is very handy for taking screen shots or making a quick note while on the go. You can just scrible anything.

On the down side, i am not impressed by the camera quality, but that isnt imp at all so no issues. Front camera is there and.does its job well on skype or google+ and thats what is imp for me.

The phone came with a NFC tag which can be kept in car or bed side and can be tapped to activate / deactivate the set settings.

Regards,

Sorry i forgot to add the attachments and unable to edit and attach from tbhp app and hence making a new post.

@mods pls merge the 2 posts.

LG Tag+

Name:  ForumRunner_20121204_102702.png
Views: 419
Size:  145.3 KB

Quick Note 1

Name:  ForumRunner_20121204_102713.png
Views: 431
Size:  497.2 KB

Quick Note 2. Game circled.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121204_102722.png
Views: 414
Size:  490.4 KB

Thanks,

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th December 2012 at 05:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks