Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 18:28   #12151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge
Hi All,

Can anyone using samsung galaxy nexus (i9250) please let me know from where I can get it in bangalore? I know its available on ebay.in

Also if anyone ordered it from ebay, Please help providing below info. Please let me know the seller from where you bought. I see that prices starts from ~21K. Are these phones UNLOCKED ones? Does it carry any operator logo on it?

I understand that Seller warranty is as good as no warranty and I'm okay with that.

I also see that CDMA 32GB ones are going at even cheaper rate ~17.5K. Does it make sense to go for those phones? My main concern for those phones are they carry operator logos and that I dont like.

Regads
SE
I9250 is an unlocked model. So no carrier logo irrespective of where you buy.
Old 29th October 2012, 19:08   #12152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Hi All,

Can anyone using samsung galaxy nexus (i9250) please let me know from where I can get it in bangalore? I know its available on ebay.in

Also if anyone ordered it from ebay, Please help providing below info. Please let me know the seller from where you bought. I see that prices starts from ~21K. Are these phones UNLOCKED ones? Does it carry any operator logo on it?

I understand that Seller warranty is as good as no warranty and I'm okay with that.

I also see that CDMA 32GB ones are going at even cheaper rate ~17.5K. Does it make sense to go for those phones? My main concern for those phones are they carry operator logos and that I dont like.

Regads
SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I9250 is an unlocked model. So no carrier logo irrespective of where you buy.
I bought it recently from Ebay for 21K. It is a real VFM device at that price. It comes unlocked and no operator logos anywhere at all.

I have already unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device. Here's the typical battery discharge curve with moderate usage with full time data on, on a working day. 9 hours and still 50% remaining - I am more than happy with the battery life compared to my previous HTC Desire which is still with me.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20121029190418.png

Last edited by clevermax : 29th October 2012 at 19:09.
Old 29th October 2012, 19:55   #12153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Welcome! I still cannot decide which camp would have been better for me. The freedom and flexibility of Android won me over - but I miss the "polish" of apple apps and the fluidity of reminders-tasks-exchange emails.

While and if you are using the SGS3 stock - please dont forget to update it to latest UK JB official ROM - its seriously a step forward for Android. Butter smooth!
Oh I shall undoubtedly miss the polish of not just the IOS apps but the handset it self. But the IP5 was a no-no at Rs 60K (for 64GB) for what I saw as a nice-to-have, not a must-have upgrade over the 4S, what with a measly 4" screen that is so behind the times in size.

Also reports of the IP5 having a finish that gets scuffed easily due to the aluminum back (instead of classy glass on the 4 and 4s) put me off completely. Will wait for the IP6 to see whether it is a worthwhile upgrade.

In the meantime I shall be content with Sammy's plastic handsets. The Note 2 already comes with JB, and I have chosen to continue with ICS on the SGS3 till the official India update comes along.
Old 29th October 2012, 21:23   #12154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I bought it recently from Ebay for 21K. It is a real VFM device at that price. It comes unlocked and no operator logos anywhere at all.
Hi clevermax,

Thanks for input. Can you please share seller name on ebay.

Regards
SE
Old 29th October 2012, 22:46   #12155
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Even though the google event was cancelled they did go ahead with the launch. Nexus 4 by LG is out. The specs are awesome.

http://pulse.me/s/eQvwh

Also launched is a nexus 10 tablet & 32GB nexus 7 with wifi & 3g at mouth watering price of $299.

The next wave: Google's refreshes its Nexus line - http://pulse.me/s/eQIvC

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 29th October 2012 at 22:48.
Old 29th October 2012, 22:50   #12156
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 4 will decimate all other phones! 299$ and specs are better than S3 except for storage part

Best part is, Its gonna be launched in India officially soon I just cant wait for it!
Old 30th October 2012, 07:57   #12157
Senior - BHPian

My NOTE appears to be bricked. It doesn't even turn on nor does it get into d/l or recovery mode

I guess the service center will need to replace the motherboard.

I have some work related sensitive data stored in the internal memory of my phone.

Just want to know where exactly is the internal storage unit (16GB) located in the NOTE?

And what is the probability of somebody accessing the data stored on a bricked phone? Any method to recover the stored data from a bricked fone?

Will replacing the motherboard also replace the storage?

And lastly any specific tip to deal with the warranty on a bricked fone?
Old 30th October 2012, 08:07   #12158
BHPian

Been waiting long to refresh my phone. Having a 2 year old iPhone killer 'Galaxy S i9000'. And here is the Nexus 4 , seems to be a worthy replacement.

So is the Nexus really going to have an India launch? Hope the Nexus 7 also gets launched here.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:11   #12159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys

Even though the google event was cancelled they did go ahead with the launch. Nexus 4 by LG is out. The specs are awesome.

http://pulse.me/s/eQvwh

Also launched is a nexus 10 tablet & 32GB nexus 7 with wifi & 3g at mouth watering price of $299.

The next wave: Google's refreshes its Nexus line - http://pulse.me/s/eQIvC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Nexus 4 will decimate all other phones! 299$ and specs are better than S3 except for storage part

Best part is, Its gonna be launched in India officially soon I just cant wait for it!
You are saying that the Nexus 7 with Wifi and 3G at $299 right? Not the new Nexus phone, right? I guess it will be priced around 30K INR.

BTW, I am waiting for my Nexus 7 tablet delivery. Bought it for 15K INR.

EDIT: Looking at the LG Nexus 4 specs given here, it is not at all exciting.

Last edited by clevermax : 30th October 2012 at 08:14.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:27   #12160
Senior - BHPian

what's so 'non-exciting' about the specs ? Just that there's no 4G and camera downgraded from 13MP to 8MP. Hardly any loss as far as Indian customers are concerned.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:12   #12161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
what's so 'non-exciting' about the specs ? Just that there's no 4G and camera downgraded from 13MP to 8MP. Hardly any loss as far as Indian customers are concerned.
If it is going to be available at 17k inr, it is an exciting spec... If it is like 25k or more, just good enough to buy instead of s3.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:31   #12162
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried using a USB Jig on a bricked fone to get back into download mode? Looks like a very very less expensive solution to your bricking problem.

Ebay Link
Old 30th October 2012, 10:02   #12163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I have some work related sensitive data stored in the internal memory of my phone.

Just want to know where exactly is the internal storage unit (16GB) located in the NOTE?
This is stored on NAND chip on Motherboard. For example, this is the location on S3:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...eardown/9391/2

For Note (N700), circuit digram is at : http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Samsung_SGH...service_manual

Is is possible to extract contents of this chip even if MotherBaord has failed. There are kits just to provide data recovery from bricked/broken/underwater phones.

Next Steps:

1. If data is really sensitive, just destroy the hardware (Motherboard in this case). Samsung would most probably still honour warranty if you escalate via your enterprise rep.
2. Turn on data encryption, that would avoid this problem in future. Though it would reduce battery backup.
Old 30th October 2012, 10:03   #12164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

BTW, I am waiting for my Nexus 7 tablet delivery. Bought it for 15K INR.
From where did you get it. Flipkart? Please provide a review once you get it. I am also planning to get one.
Old 30th October 2012, 10:16   #12165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
If it is going to be available at 17k inr, it is an exciting spec... If it is like 25k or more, just good enough to buy instead of s3.
It has a major shortcoming, that is lack of microsd.

$299 version has just 8 GB, 16 GB version costs $349.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks