Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 22:48   #11386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
.... The software update also over clocks the cpu to 1.2ghz..!....
I was not very sure of this, but it is indeed true. I tried searching the net as well, but it looks like not many are aware of it...

The Atrix 2 is now 1.2ghz ! Other users here, did you'll realize this ?
Thank you Motorola..
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120913222544.png  

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th September 2012 at 22:49.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:48   #11387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Try 2x from the market. I've carried it through on innumerable roms on 3 devices.
After googling the same, I just installed juicedefender, Let me test this for a day. Then will try 2x tomorrow

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 13th September 2012, 22:52   #11388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, I am new android user, I am using HTC One V purchased few days back. What i want to ask is, Can you guys please recommend me any good battery saver app, Battery on my One V hardly last 9-10 hrs.

If i use Navigation/games, It packs up 75% in 4 hours. Is there any good app, Which increase the battery time on my device.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sameer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I used to think Juice Defender works. It does not. More so, when I checked its log and it says 'AOSP not comptible, Get CyanogenMod'. Duh, I'm ON CM10! My battery was draining out within 12-15 hours despite keeping wifi/GPS/BT off most of the time.

On top of it, JD was disabling my data connection at night but not re-enabling it in morning. Quite irritating because I was forced to reboot my phone every day.

Uninstalled it and went for 'Easy Battery Saver'. It has been just one day but I'm seeing noticeable improvement. Phone has been on for more than 17 hours since last charge and still ~25% battery remains. Usage has been the same as it was with JD.
Attachment 985028
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
After googling the same, I just installed juicedefender, Let me test this for a day. Then will try 2x tomorrow

Cheers,
Sameer
Please uninstall JD ASAP!
Old 13th September 2012, 22:58   #11389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please uninstall JD ASAP!
Thanks alot buddy

Uninstalled JD and installed 2x. Let see how it goes.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 13th September 2012, 23:34   #11390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this the GB, ICS or JB version? I was also thinking of switching over primarily due to battery issues on CM10.
I switched back from JB to GB. I have this now: WajkIUI_multilang_2.5.27.zip

The GB version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161110

Quote:
Btw, what procedure did you follow? I believe you moved from CM10 right? Did you have to do a 'Wipe Data'?
3. Boot into bootmenu by pressing volume down when device flashes a blue led at bootup. Set default boot mode to 2nd init.
4. Select Recovery/Stable Recovery. Choose "Wipe Data/Cache" option. Let finish.
5. Choose Install zip from SD Card, select WajkIUI_multilang .zip and let it finish.
6. select "Wipe Cache" then go to Advanced and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Reboot Now!

And I did use Battery calibration.
Old 14th September 2012, 02:28   #11391
BHPian

All,

Today much awaited google navigation launched in India for Android phones.

Reference: Official Blog Google Navigation now available in India

Cheers!
Old 14th September 2012, 02:33   #11392
Distinguished - BHPian

It's good news indeed ... but it happened last week!
Old 14th September 2012, 03:11   #11393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No yaar. I have my purchases on one account but on two different phones. the same app CANNOT (titanium backup for instance) be run on two phones at once!
Are you saying that if one purchases (any) app, he cannot use it on two different devices that are using the same google account? Are apps locked down to a particular device? I'd think it depends on how a particular app implements the licensing.

If I cannot use an app that I legally paid for on any other device then I'd definitely not want to buy anything. I mean, I definitely don't see myself buying it all over again if I want to use it on my tablet (if/when I get one) or when I change my phone, or if I want to use it on my secondary phone.
Old 14th September 2012, 07:32   #11394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I switched back from JB to GB. I have this now: WajkIUI_multilang_2.5.27.zip

The GB version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161110

3. Boot into bootmenu by pressing volume down when device flashes a blue led at bootup. Set default boot mode to 2nd init.
4. Select Recovery/Stable Recovery. Choose "Wipe Data/Cache" option. Let finish.
5. Choose Install zip from SD Card, select WajkIUI_multilang .zip and let it finish.
6. select "Wipe Cache" then go to Advanced and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Reboot Now!

And I did use Battery calibration.
So how does it feel to go back to GB, after having tasted the advanced JB?

What exactly did you not like in the JB build, apart from the poor battery life?

Also there is no 'Wipe Data/Cache' option in either Stock or Custom Recovery. The option is 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset', which will format the phone. So do I need to take a Titanium backup of the apps+system data, or a CWM backup of the existing ROM?

What happens to my apps?

I remember when I rooted my Defy+ by flashing a fixed SBF and then flashed CM10, I didn't take any backup. But upon reboot, I could install all apps from my Play Store a/c along with their data/settings intact! This was despite having done a complete format.

Just wanted to check how it is in case of moving from CM10 to Wajk.

WajkIUI_multilang_2.5.27_Plus. zip does not like Defy Plus it seems.

I did exactly as mentioned but phone is stuck on boot/Motorola Logo. Tried Wipe Data, Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache again but it's still stuck.

EDIT - Got to the Wajk Boot Screen somehow, but the phone then gets into re-loop there as well.

Never had so many mini-heart attacks in quick succession. I removed the battery a couple of times as the phone was not accepting power button forced restart. Finally, I think it got fed up of me fondling and groping it so much, and decided to decently boot into WIUI.

I don't know what happened, or why it happened. I followed ALL steps on this page to the T. Still I was stuck at Moto Boot Logo on four successive occasions.

And though I don't believe in magic, something happened and finally the phone booted normally into WIUI on the 5th attempt. Got me late for work but as long as it behaves stable, I can live with that.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th September 2012 at 10:17. Reason: back-to-back post
Old 14th September 2012, 09:07   #11395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are you saying that if one purchases (any) app, he cannot use it on two different devices that are using the same google account? Are apps locked down to a particular device? I'd think it depends on how a particular app implements the licensing.
I'm not sure why @phamilyman said that - I have been able to use the same paid app on multiple devices (linked to my google account) without any issues. Maybe he's talking about a particular app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
All,

Today much awaited google navigation launched in India for Android phones.
Cheers!
Good Morning! Yup, we have been discussing, dissecting and validating this over a week now!
Old 14th September 2012, 09:11   #11396
Team-BHP Support

I didn't do anything other than what I used to do while jumping between various CM7 versions. The WajkIUI look and feel is wonderful compared to CM10 or official CM7.2, I regret not shifting to it few month back. I did try it once long back, but that version had issues.

Now after 26 hours, the battery is at 38% level.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:26   #11397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was not very sure of this, but it is indeed true. I tried searching the net as well, but it looks like not many are aware of it...

Thank you Motorola..
Tarun,

Can you check this on a stock phone too? I have not rooted my device.
Even I was trying to find this. But did not get much (Though I did not check too hard).

Any pointers?

EDIT: I tried Android system info. It still says 300MHz to 1Gz. I dont see 1.2

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2012 at 09:46.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:53   #11398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I'm not sure why @phamilyman said that - I have been able to use the same paid app on multiple devices (linked to my google account) without any issues. Maybe he's talking about a particular app.
He was referring to a different set of apps which don't use the Play Store payment methods. Instead, you can download these apps for free from Play Store and then you have to purchase a license separately to activate full/premium version. Such apps typically lock you down to one device only. In fact, this is the main reason why they don't use the Google provided way of getting payment, to prevent customers from paying just once and using the app on multiple devices.
Old 14th September 2012, 11:20   #11399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can you check this on a stock phone too? I have not rooted my device.
Even I was trying to find this. But did not get much (Though I did not check too hard).

Any pointers?

EDIT: I tried Android system info. It still says 300MHz to 1Gz. I dont see 1.2
Not sure which app Tarun was using to check the CPU speed. Can you please clarify ?

The "/proc/cpuinfo" file on my Atrix-2 shows a bogomips value of 1998.78 - which means it is still running at 1GHz.

My phone was rooted under Gingerbread and unrooted just before the upgrade. So current status is "unrooted".
Old 14th September 2012, 11:31   #11400
Senior - BHPian

For Note users.

I am in Panandroid rom with Hydracore kernel. The discharge is as always with any other rom. THe biggest gain is the time it takes to charge. It charges to 100 in a giffy and for emergency use, plug in the charger for 10 minutes and i am getting close to 20% usage.

Exceptional Rom/Kernel combination.

Most Viewed