Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 21:15   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force close error

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Epic. Which phone?
The humble and simple - LG Optimus One P500.

EDIT: Please recommend me an app to download Youtube videos. MP4downloader, TubeMate and the likes were removed from the Android Market few weeks back! Sigh

Last edited by Klub Class : 12th June 2011 at 21:17.
Old 12th June 2011, 21:23   #3887
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

@Klub: Torrent it, no?

@Nishant: What does wiping cache and dalvik cache do? - Android Forums - see wedester's post. else wikipedia.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 21:36   #3888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Klub: Torrent it, no?

@Nishant: What does wiping cache and dalvik cache do? - Android Forums - see wedester's post. else wikipedia.
Wiped cache, but the FC error keeps re-appearing. What to do now?

EDIT - Found this EXTREMELY interesting info
wssyncmldm.apk (Device Manager (used by tmo to push updates to this phone as well as trouble shoot your devices,useless)

Source: http://androidforums.com/samsung-beh...p-android.html

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 12th June 2011 at 21:47.
Old 12th June 2011, 22:25   #3889
Senior - BHPian

Just for the record

Got this on my newly flashed 2.3.4
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_2.jpg  

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 12th June 2011 at 22:27.
Old 12th June 2011, 22:57   #3890
Senior - BHPian

just checked on both flipkart and letsbuy. Google Nexus S is now available for 20k!!! So on letsbuy its gonna cost just 18.8k with icicilb code.

Best deal now for a sub 20k phone in India today!!!
Old 12th June 2011, 23:06   #3891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I flashed the latest 2.3.4 GB update on my Ace and I'm stuck with a stupid Force Close error message.

"The application Software update (process com.wssyncmldm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I had used Restore all apps+data (but not System data) option in Titanium.

What could be the problem and how do I resolve it?

P.S. Found this answer on a forum. Is it safe to wipe the cache? Will it factory reset my phone / apps?
Quote:
Wiped cache, but the FC error keeps re-appearing. What to do now?

EDIT - Found this EXTREMELY interesting info
wssyncmldm.apk (Device Manager (used by tmo to push updates to this phone as well as trouble shoot your devices,useless)

Source: Stock Apps/Services that are safe to remove to speed up android - Android Forums
Problem solved. XDA Forums to the rescue again!

Here's what I did
Quote:
Goto manage applications->All apps->Software Update.
Then press Clear Data.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 23:25   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
just checked on both flipkart and letsbuy. Google Nexus S is now available for 20k!!! So on letsbuy its gonna cost just 18.8k with icicilb code.

Best deal now for a sub 20k phone in India today!!!

Just placed an order today. Not many reviews online for this phone Any users here who are willing to share their experience?
Old 13th June 2011, 00:04   #3893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just placed an order today. Not many reviews online for this phone Any users here who are willing to share their experience?
Well, its pretty much the same phone as the Galaxy SL, and both are now pretty much the same price as well.

The only deciding factor is whether you want plain vanilla android experience (Nexus S, it will always run on the latest google SW) or you want Samsung touchwiz experience (Galaxy SL, I think stock phone still comes on Froyo 2.2 only though it is being updated to 2.3.x in some markets - dont know about India)

If I were you, I'd go for the Nexus S! It has one more advantage over SL, the 16GB internal memory (though SL supports microSD and so can go upto 32 GB but you'll have to buy that)

Last edited by joslicx : 13th June 2011 at 00:08.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:10   #3894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The only deciding factor is whether you want plain vanilla android experience (Nexus S, it will always run on the latest google SW) or you want Samsung touchwiz experience (Galaxy SL, I think stock phone still comes on Froyo 2.2 only though it is being updated to 2.3.x in some markets - dont know about India)
That's precisely what i wanted to know! It will be my first android device so really no idea how good the other UI's are when compared to pure android experience
Old 13th June 2011, 06:42   #3895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem solved. XDA Forums to the rescue again!

Here's what I did
Awesomes. Now please document your experience and put up a link for others to know and use directly - rather than googling.

Next is what??

I suggest Next is OCing!

Quote:
Well, its pretty much the same phone as the Galaxy SL, and both are now pretty much the same price as well.

If I were you, I'd go for the Nexus S! It has one more advantage over SL, the 16GB internal memory (though SL supports microSD and so can go upto 32 GB but you'll have to buy that)
Boss, you are Wrong - it is the Galaxy S. not SL!! See here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_google_nexus_s-3620.php
- AMOLED screen - Better GPU - More memory - NFC.
18.8k mai bacche ki jaan loge kya? Clearly the Galaxy S-II effect is here.

Quote:
That's precisely what i wanted to know! It will be my first android device so really no idea how good the other UI's are when compared to pure android experience
Go for it. Its the BRILLIANT buy. Plus you will always be the FIRST to get the updates - unlike those on any other OEM UI. And frankly, except HTC - most suck.

Last edited by phamilyman : 13th June 2011 at 06:45.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:54   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

Awesomes. Now please document your experience and put up a link for others to know and use directly - rather than googling.

Next is what??

I suggest Next is OCing!

Boss, you are Wrong - it is the Galaxy S. not SL!! See here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_google_nexus_s-3620.php
- AMOLED screen - Better GPU - More memory - NFC.
18.8k mai bacche ki jaan loge kya? Clearly the Galaxy S-II effect is here.

Go for it. Its the BRILLIANT buy. Plus you will always be the FIRST to get the updates - unlike those on any other OEM UI. And frankly, except HTC - most suck.
Yup its the best deal. But do understand that the Indian version has S-Lcd and not AMOLED. Also the battery is 1500mah n not 1650 like the sl.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:14   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Next is what??

I suggest Next is OCing!
No OC'ing possible for me! Ace processor is already factory OC'ed. It's actually ARM 600 mhz proccy, the same in LGOO1. It has been OC'ed to 800 Mhz by samsung.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:29   #3898
Senior - BHPian

Defy owners

Is it true that Defy instruments that have a yellow camera lens are not as good as those with blue or red lens? I believe the yellow ones will not work well after upgrading to higher versions of Andriod, especially in recording videos with 720 resolution.

I got this information from my neighbour, who is a gadget geek. He also owns a Defy which he bought from letsbuy a month ago, and it also has a yellow lens. One can observe the lens in bright light to see the colour.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:07   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what kind of experience you wanted. phamilyman, joslicx have pretty much explained advantage of Google phones. Stock 2.3.4 is breeze, gr8 connectivity, stupendous battery life for my kind a usage. Read I don't use data plan or 3G. I connect via Wifi! I get usually 4 days of battery. In terms of usability its a big leap! There are few niggles though!
  • Adding your own tunes as ring tones is round process.
  • Every time you connect to net via Wifi, all Google apps start running! They consume battery even when you are not on wifi!
  • No Reboot option. You need to switch off and switch on!
  • Crappy camera! Yes, compared with other phones (non-samsung), picture it takes are not to my tastes. Too much of blue! It doesn't matter which ever WB set, picture are still crappy. Photos taken with flash are rarely crisp! But then again its not a major problem for me. I have D90 + 35 f/1.8!
  • Music player doesn't have equalizer. Output isn't that good! There are apps, free ones are good. Its difficult to create your play list as this is primitive player!
  • Till now I haven't figured out how to play movies in the phone. By default there are no video player! Basically phone supports all video formats, but you are expected to play from youtube or web! I tried to install apps and run the movies. It just hangs the phone! So playing movie is out!
  • No FM radio. Though it has the required H/W, FM isn't enabled. Which is the main advantage of Galaxy S. XDA forum yet to crack this functionality. Hoping that they would do soon. There are app's to do the same, but all of them at the moment use streaming. Wish Samsung shares their FM radio code with XDA! It also has FM-transmitter. Wish someone write a app for streaming your music via FM-TX. That would gr8 in my car!
Many of these things are taken care by custom rom! I am not yet rooted or went int for custom! I will wait CM to release new 2.3.4 based stable release.

Pure GB experience is gr8. I personally feel that one should create a separate account for phone and other GMails. This is because once you share you main Gmail with phone, google tracks every usage, which is kind a intrusion.

you need any other feedback?
Old 13th June 2011, 11:47   #3900
Senior - BHPian

Simple question: What happens after rooting? Will my existing ROM with all my apps and data exist there without any change and work as before OR I have to restore everything from a backup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks