Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 20:19   #3841
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
spice m410 has a killer pricing. just 13500 for a monster 1gz 4.1 inch screen is the best deal.
another best one mentioned is HTC A8181.

and i dont think they are refurbished. its mentioned that it comes with 12 months manufacturers warranty.

dont know where the android market is heading, but anyways we have all reasons to rejoy
How's the Dell XCD experience mate? Upgraded to Froyo?

P.S. - Was about to flash a custom ROM when I noticed that "official" 2.3.4 update for SGA has just been released last week in Europe

Currently downloading that! Contemplating whether to flash that or Custom 2.3.3 ROM!

I tell you - these Android Devs have you spoilt for choice
Old 11th June 2011, 20:48   #3842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I tell you - these Android Devs have you spoilt
for choice
my latest facepalm

try recieveing a vcard in android. i just realized yday that my current GB setup doesnt support it. now trying new apps which will nicely recieve such SMSes.

handcent (otherwise awesome) has failed. as have a couple others.

any ideas??
Old 11th June 2011, 20:59   #3843
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt Android handle vcard as MMS by default? I'm sure GB would have an option to 'Send Contact as'?
Old 11th June 2011, 21:06   #3844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
What failed?

Flashing? or OTA update?

Otherwise if in doubt, wait for the OTA update!

The Flashing guide is here: [HOW TO] Debranding /Installing different/recovering bricked firmware on your Defy - xda-developers and the SEA15 ROM is here: [Flash SBF] OFFICIAL RELEASE | Android Froyo 2.2.2 [SOUTH EAST ASIA + INDIA] - xda-developers

What are you trying to upgrade - to Froyo or to GB? Because with SEA15 ROM, sometimes people have to flash the other Nordic Froyo ROM for GB to work.

Charge it to 100% first, I hope. Right?
Just tried on XP (there were some posts on the internet mentioning problems with windows 7)

Same problem. I have given up. I have followed the instructions very clearly and flashing is not happening. I have checked for the same errors on net and people facing the same problem have also given up. Was trying to upgrade to Froyo.

Last edited by srishiva : 11th June 2011 at 21:10.
Old 11th June 2011, 21:42   #3845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Just tried on XP (there were some posts on the internet mentioning problems with windows 7)

Same problem. I have given up. I have followed the instructions very clearly and flashing is not happening. I have checked for the same errors on net and people facing the same problem have also given up. Was trying to upgrade to Froyo.
Gosh, looks like I'll need to wait for the dust to settle down till I try to upgrade to Froyo or GB.

Meanwhile, I wanted advise on the following from Defy users:-
  1. I downloaded Shoot me from App Store, but when I tried to use it I got an error stating that I needed access to the root. I could not figure out how to surpass this, so I uninstalled the app. Any pointers?
  2. I could not figure out how to post a comment on Team-bhp. I could select a post, but did not find any place where I could express my views and comment. I've seen a post asking users to select a post (which I could) and then select the menu button to post. I do not have a menu button on my Defy.
  3. How do you guys take get your Quadrant score?

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th June 2011 at 21:49.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:10   #3846
BHPian

You require root access in android to take screenshots. So shoot me won't work if it ain't rooted.
The menu button is one of the hardware button. And for getting quadrant scores download quadrant standard from the market.:-)
Old 11th June 2011, 22:35   #3847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How's the Dell XCD experience mate? Upgraded to Froyo?

P.S. - Was about to flash a custom ROM when I noticed that "official" 2.3.4 update for SGA has just been released last week in Europe

Currently downloading that! Contemplating whether to flash that or Custom 2.3.3 ROM!

I tell you - these Android Devs have you spoilt for choice
hi man, well experience with dell is amazing. especially in connectivity. call quality is damn good. wifi fixes in 1-2 seconds max. gps fixes signal in 2-3 seconds flat.

i am not hunting for new roms. do let me know if there is bug free and 100% reliable rom.

actually i am in germany currently and heavily relying on GPS and other features. so i am avoiding risks of any sorts.

by the way how do i put the 4 gb memory card that i have with me. whats the general step by step procedure in case of androids?
Old 11th June 2011, 22:41   #3848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
You require root access in android to take screenshots. So shoot me won't work if it ain't rooted.
The menu button is one of the hardware button. And for getting quadrant scores download quadrant standard from the market.:-)
Thanks, but how do I get root access?
Old 11th June 2011, 22:43   #3849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I downloaded Shoot me from App Store, but when I tried to use it I got an error stating that I needed access to the root. I could not figure out how to surpass this, so I uninstalled the app. Any pointers?
  1. I could not figure out how to post a comment on Team-bhp. I could select a post, but did not find any place where I could express my views and comment. I've seen a post asking users to select a post (which I could) and then select the menu button to post. I do not have a menu button on my Defy.
  2. How do you guys take get your Quadrant score?
It's really strange that Shoot Me is asking for root permissions.
Quoting on T-BHP using the android app, long press the post and you will get the option for that.
Quadrant score is never taken seriously by our friends on Xda!

Oops! my mistake.. I thought you were asking about the game!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 11th June 2011 at 22:46.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:46   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gosh, looks like I'll need to wait for the dust to settle down till I try to upgrade to Froyo or GB.

Meanwhile, I wanted advise on the following from Defy users:-
  1. I downloaded Shoot me from App Store, but when I tried to use it I got an error stating that I needed access to the root. I could not figure out how to surpass this, so I uninstalled the app. Any pointers?
  2. I could not figure out how to post a comment on Team-bhp. I could select a post, but did not find any place where I could express my views and comment. I've seen a post asking users to select a post (which I could) and then select the menu button to post. I do not have a menu button on my Defy.
  3. How do you guys take get your Quadrant score?
1. Superoneclick: Try Special version SuperOneClick:root froyo/2.51 easily! - xda-developers or [APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.1 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers (one of them should work).
2. Assuming you're talking of TBHP Android app - right? Long press any post -it'll give options like quote. click on quote and type away. Click on select on multiple posts. then press the leftmost button it pops up an option for multiquote. click on that and you're done.
3. Download quadrant from the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Hmmm - you need to tell us what error it is - if its pc based, then take a screen shot. We can help if you mention that is happening.

Quote:
Doesnt Android handle vcard as MMS by default? I'm sure GB would have an option to 'Send Contact as'?
send is manageable. the receipt is where it screws up. Literally. The message disappears like it never existed.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:48   #3851
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but how do I get root access?
For that you will have to root your phone. Look up on xda forums.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:57   #3852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
It's really strange that Shoot Me is asking for root permissions.
Quoting on T-BHP using the android app, long press the post and you will get the option for that.
Quadrant score is never taken seriously by our friends on Xda!

Oops! my mistake.. I thought you were asking about the game!
boss - quadrant the synthetic benchmark in the market - its decent enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
For that you will have to root your phone. Look up on xda forums.
could've looked up on the post above yours!
Old 11th June 2011, 23:02   #3853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Quote:
2. Assuming you're talking of TBHP Android app - right? Long press any post -it'll give options like quote. click on quote and type away. Click on select on multiple posts. then press the leftmost button it pops up an option for multiquote. click on that and you're done.
When I press on a post, I get only 2 options in a pop-up: Report post or Select post.
Long press gives me the same result.

The left most button (left of Home button) only give me options to refresh the page or to Open a browser
Old 11th June 2011, 23:24   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I press on a post, I get only 2 options in a pop-up: Report post or Select post.
Long press gives me the same result.

The left most button (left of Home button) only give me options to refresh the page or to Open a browser
Strange. This is how I see it:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-snap20110611_224228.png

Are you logged in? or is it logging u out? else u should get the option to quote.
Old 11th June 2011, 23:28   #3855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. This is how I see it:
Attachment 558906

Are you logged in? or is it logging u out? else u should get the option to quote.
I get only two options---Report and Select. How do I make sure I am logged in? I dont see any log in button as one sees on the laptop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks