Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 20:23   #11341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
ICS has it in
Settings - Data usage - (mobile/wlan)

Trust JB should have in the same location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
It is indeed there only. Settings->Data Usage.

You have two slider bars there - one for data limit and the other for warning. See attached screenshot.
Thanks guys for confirming, this is what I was looking for. But, for some reason, it is missing from the ROM I am on. A couple of people have reported this in the dev thread. Strange.

Guess, will have to continue with 3G Watchdog until there is an update or I switch to a different ROM.
Old 11th September 2012, 20:29   #11342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: Not really sure who recommended Swift Key on this thread (the original post was on providing the discounted deal on that app), but would like to thank him! This app is a life saver for me, an ex-BB user to survive on the touch-screen droid.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Thanks. Had forgotten about Swift Key, and was using Swype. Just typed a couple of messages with Swift Key and it's FANTASTIC.
yes it is. I have a personal interest. The more it sells, the more chance of it being upgraded in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
So with regards to MIUI, I was looking up miuiandroid.com for English versions and found a huge list of 2.9.7 ROMs. I found the ICS builds for i9100. But also found the following JB builds, can someone tell me whats different with these builds and which one is to be used with the SGS2

http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.9.7/m...espo-2.9.7.zip
http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.9.7/m...guro-2.9.7.zip
http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.9.7/m...uper-2.9.7.zip
http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.9.7/m...toro-2.9.7.zip

Thanks in advance.
Those are all different phones/models. Crespo/maguro etc. For example, Defy is jordan. Crespo is nexus S me thinks etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, in that case, it is useless to me since the current version is not compatible with the SGS3's OS.

So the only option is Google navigation I guess.
I am surprised. Its working fine. Worked fine since GB till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Hi... I have a Nexus S. I have bought the full version of Sygic. Worked fine with ICS... now works fine with JB. Yes this is the same Sygic map that MMI sells with their GPS devises. I am not a big fan of their interface. The App does drain my Nexus S battery at a worryingly "efficient" rate
The bottom line [IMHO]: I will not use this for any sort of serious navigation, given the battery hungry nature of the app. I am BIG fan of Garmin.
Disagree. This is quite decent. Battery does drain in 5-6 hours when navigating, but you can use it with charging cable attached and it works fine. atleast on the defy it charges to full, albeit REAL slowly.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:04   #11343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
End of summer sale on Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c..._SeasonEndSale

Best deal is on SwiftKey3. Just .99 USD.
Quote:
OT: Not really sure who recommended Swift Key on this thread (the original post was on providing the discounted deal on that app), but would like to thank him! This app is a life saver for me, an ex-BB user to survive on the touch-screen droid.
That would be me. I accept your thanks .
Old 12th September 2012, 08:21   #11344
Senior - BHPian

I downloaded and installed the OTA ICS update for the ATRIX 2 last night and I must say I am really pleased with the initial impressions. The software update also over clocks the cpu to 1.2ghz..! People in the market for a 20k phone, do consider this phone now. Brilliant value for money.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:53   #11345
Senior - BHPian

For the Galaxy S Advance users, Samsung might skip ICS and give a direct upgrade to JB

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...-news-4786.php
Old 12th September 2012, 10:01   #11346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Upgraded Atrix-2 to ICS with OTA and home WiFI. No issues and upgrade was smooth!
Definitely it feels more snappier (Or am I imagining things? )

So far so good !
I loved it! Took almost 2 hours for entire exercise but very impressed. Its definitely faster!

And uninstalled Illama since I found a new app with the ICS which should do that job.

Last edited by jkdas : 12th September 2012 at 10:03.
Old 12th September 2012, 10:05   #11347
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
As I understand, CM9 == ICS and CM10 == JB.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the information.
Old 12th September 2012, 10:06   #11348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I loved it! Took almost 2 hours for entire exercise but very impressed. Its definitely faster!

And uninstalled Illama since I found a new app with the ICS which should do that job.
Am still continuing with Llama. Which is the new App you mentioned?
I have had no time to play/read much about must dos and must installs with ICS.
Will do it over the weekend.
Old 12th September 2012, 11:42   #11349
Senior - BHPian

Any Samsung Galaxy S Advance users in the house? I had posted few posts earlier that i was facing a network loss issues and later i got to know that it was not just me. There were many of SGSA users out there who were complaining about the same. Some of them visited the service centers and either got their mother boards replace ( which didnt solve the issue) and some fought for refund. Samsung acknowledged the refund process for a few and they have been refunded the payment.

http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints...comment-159539

Somehow i decided to wait n watch as
1. I didnt have time to go to service center. working hours clashing with service center hours
2. Wifey was really happy with the phone over all.

So we decided to wait n watch for a few days and see if any solution comes out. Finally i came across this
http://techdraginfo.blogspot.com/201...alue-pack.html

I did this on Monday and since then we have had no Network loss issues and the battery life has also improvised a little. Some say the firmware on SGSA India lot was buggy and caused this problem. I am not too technical to comment on that. But all i can say is, since moving to XXLE2 firmware, my network bug is gone.

Regards
Old 12th September 2012, 13:08   #11350
BHPian

Hey Friends,

I am facing a lil issue lately with my SGS2 running the latest Wanamlite 12.5.

The screen keeps waking up from idle. I mean, after using the phone (for call or msg) I hit the Lock key on the right side and the screen goes off and phone gets locked. But then it keeps turning the screen On, waits for sometime and then goes Off. This happens repeatedly at random intervals.

There are no Task Killers or Juice Defender like apps installed on the phone. Under application -> Running Services I dont see any strange apps that could cause this. In fact I have tried stopping all Apps from the Running list (except for the system processes), but still issue continues.

I have installed Better Battery Stats (BBS) but cant figure out how to use it for this situaiton. Can someone please assist me with finding the cause of this niggle issue?

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:31   #11351
BHPian

Defy/+ Guys,
Sorry if I missed this, but how do we connect our Defy for SD card access on windows 7?

I tried installing latest drivers from Motorola site, but even then I cant access memory card. It charges fine but keeps giving installation error for some adb drivers or something else.

It connects fine on win XP.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:52   #11352
Senior - BHPian

I think you are getting MTP driver error. I get the same. Infact I have been getting that with CM 7 on my Windows 7 64 bit. I am now on CM 10 and reinstalled Windows 7, but the error persist.

However, this does not prevent you for accessing the memory card. Just select the second option on your mobile after connecting the USB cable to the computer.
The first option is for Portal and the last one for charge only.
Your card should mount automatically as removable storage and seen under Windows Explorer.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:08   #11353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Defy/+ Guys,
Sorry if I missed this, but how do we connect our Defy for SD card access on windows 7?

I tried installing latest drivers from Motorola site, but even then I cant access memory card. It charges fine but keeps giving installation error for some adb drivers or something else.

It connects fine on win XP.
If its Windows 7 64-Bit, you will have to install 64-bit adb drivers first. I had such an issue with my Defy too
Old 12th September 2012, 19:38   #11354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
2 hours including the download or after it started the installation ??

My Atrix-2 is stuck at "Android is being upgraded.. Starting applications" screen for the last 20 minutes or so !! (Took almost 15-20 minutes to get to that stage after starting the installation and seems stuck after that )

Update : It did come back with an "Upgrade successful" message after about half an hour at the "Starting applications screen " !!

Last edited by kala : 12th September 2012 at 19:53.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:28   #11355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
there is no way to turn off the animations (transitions).

Asphalt 7 has the same pink line issue.
Transitions can be turned off under Animation scaling settings in the settings app.

Reinstalled Asphalt 7 and the issue is gone. Now I can start playing it with the full visual appeal.

Battery life is more or less the same. I'm waiting for a proper ROOT now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks