Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 09:38   #11311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
If you have to wait, why not wait for flipkart to deliver it to you in 3-5 days? The site says stocks are available; just checked now.

Unless you get some really good deals in local stores at Bangalore.
Or, you can get it from Saholic.com for 13k in under 3 days. Unless you are getting it much cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.saholic.com/mobile-phones...1004801?afid=5
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you Nishant. Is Sygic the same as the Sygic advertised by MapMyIndia on their website? If yes, then it is of no use since it is not compatible with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS that the SGS3 has. I had called MMI and confirmed it yesterday.

Does Sygic have voice based navigation too?
Yes, its the same. Sygic is the software and MMI is the maps provider. And it has voice navi too.

Quote:
Well, in that case, it is useless to me since the current version is not compatible with the SGS3's OS.

So the only option is Google navigation I guess.
Why is it not compatible? I thought Sygic works well with ICS? Why don't you try out the 14 day free trial from the Play Store? I'm not very confident of customer care executives' knowledge.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 11th September 2012 at 09:49.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:42   #11312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Yes, its the same. Sygic is the software and MMI is the maps provider. And it has voice navi too.
Well, in that case, it is useless to me since the current version is not compatible with the SGS3's OS.

So the only option is Google navigation I guess.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:44   #11313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, am still not getting the Micromax A90 in brick-n-mortar stores in Bangalore.
I was also looking for a dual GSM, Android 4 mobile and considering Desire V and A90. Waiting for Blu Vivo 4.3 to be released for sale in US or elsewhere, we could get it (Vivo) abroad around the price of A90 in India. Vivo comes with better features, we will loose out on the warranty though.

Blu has a distributor now in India, not sure when they will launch Vivo in India and the price?
Old 11th September 2012, 10:13   #11314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
My understanding is that Sygic App is different from MMI app available on MMI website.
The Sygic app costs around Rs. 1000 more than MMI app. The map data is the same, but the GUI may be slightly more polished in Sygic.
Sygic is compatible with ICS and JB, though version 12.1.x still has issues. So it is better to try the trial version (if you don't mind downloading huge amount of data for the trial).

Quote:
I'm getting increasingly irritated with the poor battery life of CM10 on Defy+.
Which build are you using? Did you try the 4 September build?
No issues faced so far. The battery performance is the same that I used to get with CM 7.1. In 21 hours, I was down to 18% with around 1.5 hours of call, and perhaps a couple of hours of 3G. This is similar to the earlier usage and performance statistics.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:15   #11315
BHPian

Quote:
If you have to wait, why not wait for flipkart to deliver it to you in 3-5 days? The site says stocks are available; just checked now.
The site says stocks are available but looks like they don't have it in stock . Check the reviews , quite a few have mentioned not receiving it even after ten days.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:15   #11316
BHPian

ATTN: ATRIX 2 Users - OTA ICS Is HERE!!

Great News for Atrix 2 Users: OTA update to ICS is here. Im in office and will update in evening when Im home!

Till then I will follow feedback and reviews in this forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880870
Old 11th September 2012, 10:36   #11317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I was also looking for a dual GSM, Android 4 mobile and considering Desire V and A90. Waiting for Blu Vivo 4.3 ....

Blu has a distributor now in India, not sure when they will launch Vivo in India and the price?
Thanks for the link!

However, I think they lack QC in their website too. Either that, or they are not very serious about this market. From their "about Us" section :

Quote:
BLU Products has the name means is a company with a strong hold in the mobile industry in other parts of the world. As always INDIA is the emerging country to become a super power and a rapid growth in technology exporting mainly the brains behind many thing are Indians.

BLU MOBILES INDIA believes the same and is venturing into the Indian market with a strong establishment and a niche in the market with the necessary backups req for the most reputed brand BLU mobiles.

BLU mobiles is an established brand and being very successful in other parts of the world . Its uniques design combined with the Quality sound and the ruggedness to withstand the usage makes it one of its kind and comes with all the features req for the SMART Indians who uses the applications of an mobile fully rather innovates many usages with the applications.
Read more on their website at : http://www.blumobilesindia.com/

I would really hesitate to put my money down on the dual core "Blu" branded phone. Micromax version of the same, if and when the launch, will be much better supported. I think.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:39   #11318
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys on JB, is there a default data manager app (like 3G watchdog), I remember seeing something similar in one of the Nexus reviews, but can't seem to find it now.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:46   #11319
BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting increasingly irritated with the poor battery life of CM10 on Defy+. Over the last few days, I've also noticed a connectivity issue. When I wake up in the morning, my phone does not have 3G. I guess this is because when it goes in deep sleep, mobile data gets switched off. Now even when I enable Wifi and disable it to get 3G back, it sometimes does not obey. The only option is a reboot. This is annoying.

I was thinking of trying out the GB ROMs and saw CM7 has one stable (7.2) version and 3 RC versions. Which one to go?

Are all of these based on Froyo kernel or there is a version of GB kernel as well?

EDIT - Quarx has abandoned CM9/ICS development. Plus I don't see much of a difference between ICS and JB builds. Any other ICS ROM?

Would have loved to try out WIUI (2.9.10+ for Defy+), but the dev himself calls it experimental and reports many bugs (poor battery, phone getting hot etc.)
Last time I checked, CM10 etc were android based. Didn't know they'd released CM10 based on IOS :-P
Old 11th September 2012, 10:50   #11320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unless you get some really good deals in local stores at Bangalore.
Oh I want to exchange my P500 - and have been offered 4K for it in stores. So thought I can exchange and pay the difference.

One thing that still confuses me - is the A90 256K colours or 16M colours. There seems to be conflicting specs flying around! I wouldn't want to think of the waste of an AMOLED screen if it is 256K colours!
Old 11th September 2012, 11:03   #11321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Oh I want to exchange my P500 - and have been offered 4K for it in stores. So thought I can exchange and pay the difference.

One thing that still confuses me - is the A90 256K colours or 16M colours. There seems to be conflicting specs flying around! I wouldn't want to think of the waste of an AMOLED screen if it is 256K colours!
Haven't checked around, but the igyaan review which I went through talked about 256k for the A90 and 16M for A100.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:11   #11322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Which build are you using? Did you try the 4 September build?
No issues faced so far. The battery performance is the same that I used to get with CM 7.1. In 21 hours, I was down to 18% with around 1.5 hours of call, and perhaps a couple of hours of 3G. This is similar to the earlier usage and performance statistics.
I'm on Aug 28 nightly build. Didn't go for Sep 4 build because Quarx mentioned on his thread:

"04.09: Fix compass, update sgx libs to JB, fix wallpapers, improve video perfomance, new touch driver (for test, only 2 fingers for now, more will be enabled in next build) Experimental build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Last time I checked, CM10 etc were android based. Didn't know they'd released CM10 based on IOS :-P
Are you joking? Where did I mention iOS?

Last edited by Samurai : 11th September 2012 at 11:22. Reason: avoid personal comments.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:13   #11323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I was also looking for a dual GSM, Android 4 mobile and considering Desire V and A90.
You could also consider Samsung Galaxy S Duos.

Rohan
Old 11th September 2012, 11:18   #11324
BHPian

Quote:
I'm on Aug 28 nightly build. Didn't go for Sep 4 build because Quarx mentioned on his thread:

"04.09: Fix compass, update sgx libs to JB, fix wallpapers, improve video perfomance, new touch driver (for test, only 2 fingers for now, more will be enabled in next build) Experimental build"

Are you joking? Where did I mention iOS?
Ok, CM10 for Bada? Windows? Hehe..

Last edited by Samurai : 11th September 2012 at 11:23. Reason: Avoid personal comments
Athani is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2012, 11:20   #11325
BHPian

Quote:
Or, you can get it from Saholic.com for 13k in under 3 days. Unless you are getting it much cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.saholic.com/mobile-phones...1004801?afid=5

Why is it not compatible? I thought Sygic works well with ICS? Why don't you try out the 14 day free trial from the Play Store? I'm not very confident of customer care executives' knowledge.
Hi... I have a Nexus S. I have bought the full version of Sygic. Worked fine with ICS... now works fine with JB. Yes this is the same Sygic map that MMI sells with their GPS devises. I am not a big fan of their interface. The App does drain my Nexus S battery at a worryingly "efficient" rate
The bottom line [IMHO]: I will not use this for any sort of serious navigation, given the battery hungry nature of the app. I am BIG fan of Garmin. They seem to have hit the sweet spot when it comes to "simple non cluttered display" and "optimal info presentation".
I recently bought a Garmin 40LM. Has the basic navigation s/w and Life Time free maps!
- Hope that helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks