Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 10:34   #11506
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
If you look up on line for "download and install xxle2 on s advance" you will come across several sites where instructions are given and also if u read through the user feedback; you shall notice that network issue is resolved.
Thanks for the above information. I searched the internet and many people have reported that the network issue is resolved. Now, I will consider Samsung Galaxy S Advance too. Hope Samsung releases upgrade to JB soon.
Old 21st September 2012, 10:50   #11507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Thanks for the above information. I searched the internet and many people have reported that the network issue is resolved. Now, I will consider Samsung Galaxy S Advance too. Hope Samsung releases upgrade to JB soon.
Hi,

Glad i could help.

You may refer to the below link for the process as well as feedback from several users. Some stores even claiming that company has acknowledged the issue and new lots are coming with the issue resolved.

http://techdraginfo.blogspot.com/201...alue-pack.html

Regards,
Old 21st September 2012, 11:25   #11508
Senior - BHPian

Had some irritating moments with one of the apps I bought from Google Play. It kept saying, it couldn't get the licensing info. Later google play kept complaining that background data is disabled (it wasn't and I didn't even know it could be disabled).
Wiped the data and did a restart and it works fine now. But I lost the app and have to buy it again :(. Play is screwed up in its design.
Old 21st September 2012, 13:28   #11509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Had some irritating moments with one of the apps I bought from Google Play. It kept saying, it couldn't get the licensing info. Later google play kept complaining that background data is disabled (it wasn't and I didn't even know it could be disabled).
Wiped the data and did a restart and it works fine now. But I lost the app and have to buy it again :(. Play is screwed up in its design.
HI,

Once you buy a app from Play Store you dont have to buy it again. You just have to Install it. I too have purchased a few apps and i keep wiping my phone time to time to try out different ROM's. Just go into your play store and search for that app and it should say "PURCHASED" .attached pic might give you an idea.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-aa.jpg  

Old 21st September 2012, 15:35   #11510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI,

Once you buy a app from Play Store you dont have to buy it again. You just have to Install it. I too have purchased a few apps and i keep wiping my phone time to time to try out different ROM's. Just go into your play store and search for that app and it should say "PURCHASED" .attached pic might give you an idea.

thanks.
No, for me it shows the price. Somehow it doesn't know that I had purchased it. Later, if I click on the price, it does show the payment details that belong to me!
Old 21st September 2012, 16:01   #11511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
No, for me it shows the price. Somehow it doesn't know that I had purchased it. Later, if I click on the price, it does show the payment details that belong to me!
Can you check with your CC / Bank if that earlier payment has gone through? I have about 8 purchased apps and i keep flashing between roms almost every 2-3 weeks and never have i faced such an error. Or may be yours is one of those unfortunate case
Old 21st September 2012, 16:04   #11512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you check with your CC / Bank if that earlier payment has gone through? I have about 8 purchased apps and i keep flashing between roms almost every 2-3 weeks and never have i faced such an error. Or may be yours is one of those unfortunate case
I bought the app 4 months ago and it was paid by my CC. I think there was a problem within Play on my phone which might have led to this. I have seen similar ones reported on the Net and so there are more unfortunate ones.
Old 21st September 2012, 17:01   #11513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
Thanks All for the replies and suggestions. I will check craig list also. Main reason i am considering used market from US is it is dirt cheap compared to India. And these online shops has return policy also in case of any issues.
And about unlocking, Shall we do it our self or do we need to get help of a mobile shop guy?
The one i checked in cowboom is from AT&T.
We can get the code online. I got it thru ebay.
Old 21st September 2012, 17:39   #11514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Sony Xperia S: Only phone from Sony Xperia Range which is currently satisfying all requirements. Also, it is being considered by Google for AOSP. Also has good CPU and GPU. However, price is only the issue. If it were below 25K INR, I could have pushed my budget. Best price at Adexmart is 25990 INR. A

Samsung Galaxy S2: I have waited so long for Ace 2 that I don't want to consider S2 now. Also beyond budget.
If you're willing to stretch your budget to around 23.5K, You can get the SGS2. There's a superdeal on the S2 and S3 on Homeshop18 starting tomorrow evening. The prices haven't been announced yet, but I think S2 would be around 23.5K and S3 about 33.5K.

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...ple-superdeal/
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:46   #11515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
If you're willing to stretch your budget to around 23.5K, You can get the SGS2. There's a superdeal on the S2 and S3 on Homeshop18 starting tomorrow evening. The prices haven't been announced yet, but I think S2 would be around 23.5K and S3 about 33.5K.

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...ple-superdeal/
I doubt if this is the right time to buy S2/Note. Prices have been reduced and it'll take a while for online stores to capture the same. So its recommended to hold on right now.

Source: http://www.androidos.in/2012/09/sams...drop-in-india/
Old 22nd September 2012, 06:24   #11516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I doubt if this is the right time to buy S2/Note. Prices have been reduced and it'll take a while for online stores to capture the same. So its recommended to hold on right now.

Source: http://www.androidos.in/2012/09/sams...drop-in-india/
Thanks for the above information. The official price now is 25900 and I hope it is available below 25K in online and retail stores in few weeks time.
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:28   #11517
Distinguished - BHPian

Samsung Galaxy Note coming to India on Sept 27th. Also, they have reduced the rates of Galaxy Note by 3k and S2 by 2k.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:55   #11518
Senior - BHPian

And the Micromax A90 is all out of stock at all online stores even. Though I want to buy it at a physical store, exchanging my P500, it is not even available anywhere now. Sold like hot cakes I guess! And I still have not seen one physical phone yet!
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:13   #11519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Attachment 989504
Mine is also 1200MHz. It shows in AnTuTu after I performed a hard reset for ADB root.
Anyone of you Atrix 2 friends using exchange activesync out there and are on ICS? If yes, please tell me what all are the difference in the stock e-mail client.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:18   #11520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
And the Micromax A90 is all out of stock at all online stores even. Though I want to buy it at a physical store, exchanging my P500, it is not even available anywhere now. Sold like hot cakes I guess! And I still have not seen one physical phone yet!
From what I understand it never reached the stores. When I was checking out the A100 online and in stores from the day it was launched, I was also keeping a lookout for the A90, but never saw one. A few of the online stores did show it available but the feedbacks said otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks