Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 22:33   #12736
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Two days into the purchase, I have some issues with my moto atrix2 running on stock ginger bread.

1) The screen time out resets to 30 seconds randomly despite setting it to 2 minutes.

2) Google play store doesn't load at all.

3) If I go to play store using a browser and download an app, I get a notification stating that the app will be downloaded shortly. But that's the end of it. No app gets downloaded, With play store not working, I am crippled

Heeeeelllllllpppppppppp!!!!
Im using ATRIX2 since 6months, never faced this in gingerbread nor in ICS.

Not sure if factory reset can help. Anyways, upgrade to ICS and see if these bugs go away.
Old 26th November 2012, 22:35   #12737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Might be worth checking if you're on the latest available OS version. If you haven't already put up a post on XDA about the display time out.

Try opening Gplay after you've emptied the cache and have force closed it. Might work. You could also try installing apps by logging into Google play on a PC.
Hi, I believe, the atrix2 has ICS. I am on GB. I am not a member on XDA yet. Too new to the OS/smartphone world.

I have already emptied the cache memory, restarted the phone. Doesnt help. As for the google play through PC, that's the 3rd issue I have listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Im using ATRIX2 since 6months, never faced this in gingerbread nor in ICS.

Not sure if factory reset can help. Anyways, upgrade to ICS and see if these bugs go away.
Do you have the link for the ICS update? Also, I heard (not sure) that once you upgrade to ICS, the boot loader is permanently locked and you cant root it? Any idea?

Last edited by sachinj12 : 26th November 2012 at 22:41.
Old 26th November 2012, 23:46   #12738
Senior - BHPian

My brother is using Samsung galaxy note since diwali and I have also tried it for around 1 week. Size bothers you for only first few hours of usage and after that you will be comfortable with it.

PS - you will not be comfortable with anyother phone after using note 2
Old 26th November 2012, 23:55   #12739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12
Two days into the purchase, I have some issues with my moto atrix2 running on stock ginger bread.

1) The screen time out resets to 30 seconds randomly despite setting it to 2 minutes.

3) If I go to play store using a browser and download an app, I get a notification stating that the app will be downloaded shortly. But that's the end of it. No app gets downloaded, With play store not working, I am crippled

Stupid questions but still worth asking. Which data plan are you on? Play Store is known to time out on Edge. Either repeat the experiment on 3g or on WiFi.

I hope on the PC you are signing in with the same Google account as the one on phone? And in case of multiple devices listed under that login ID, and check if you are indeed pushing to the right one ie Atrix2.

Do a factory reset if nothing helps and upgrade to ICS rather than staying on GB.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:22   #12740
Senior - BHPian

An interesting watch:

Old 27th November 2012, 02:50   #12741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur
Thanks for sharing that. The narrator has raised quite a valid point. I wonder if Google is aware of this potential aspect.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:36   #12742
Senior - BHPian

Received my White SGS3, initial impression is good, great screen very smooth animation & navigation. Turns out its shipped with Android 4.1.1 which I believe is Jelly Bean.

I put my previous phone's microsd card & S3 started encrypting it without giving me any option to avoid that, is that how it is?

Noticed that the back gets somewhat hot while charging, is this common with S3?

I am glad I didn't go for Note 2 as this itself feels quite big after my HTC Glacier aka Mytouch 4G but the phone is very light weight.

Almost all apps & contacts were there when i logged in using same google id, pretty straight forward didnt have to do anything. One of the apps i though would require some kind of restoration of data from sdcard but surprisingly that data too was available, seems like it back up data to my google account.
Old 27th November 2012, 05:27   #12743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Received my White SGS3, initial impression is good, great screen very smooth animation & navigation. Turns out its shipped with Android 4.1.1 which I believe is Jelly Bean.

I put my previous phone's microsd card & S3 started encrypting it without giving me any option to avoid that, is that how it is?

Noticed that the back gets somewhat hot while charging, is this common with S3?

I am glad I didn't go for Note 2 as this itself feels quite big after my HTC Glacier aka Mytouch 4G but the phone is very light weight.

Almost all apps & contacts were there when i logged in using same google id, pretty straight forward didnt have to do anything. One of the apps i though would require some kind of restoration of data from sdcard but surprisingly that data too was available, seems like it back up data to my google account.
Congrats on the new acquisition. Good to know it comes with JB pre installed. My ATT S3 is still stuck with 4.0.4.

When i plugged in my sd card, it didn't encrypt. May be thats how your card was configured before which it auto detect.

Initially, my s3 was getting hot when charging or playing games. But now, it seems to be operating normally, may be a little bit hot but not something could be bothersome. Let it settle down, may be it will be normal in some time.

Restoring data and back up is a breeze from android to android which i love.
Old 27th November 2012, 07:58   #12744
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Hi, I believe, the atrix2 has ICS. I am on GB. I am not a member on XDA yet. Too new to the OS/smartphone world.
Atrix 2 has it's own section in the XDA. Register, put up a question and you should hopefully have a few answers soon.

Quote:
I have already emptied the cache memory, restarted the phone. Doesnt help. As for the google play through PC, that's the 3rd issue I have listed
Could you try, while connected to a Wi-Fi connection, Empty cache --> Force close Gplay --> Wait 10 seconds --> Try opening Gplay again w/o restarting.

Quote:
Do you have the link for the ICS update? Also, I heard (not sure) that once you upgrade to ICS, the boot loader is permanently locked and you cant root it? Any idea?
You could walk into a Motorola service centre and have them upgrade the firmware for you.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:32   #12745
BHPian

Quote:

Are you trying Play on a mobile network or have you tried on WiFi also?
I had these issues a couple times which gets resolved when I connect through WiFi. If not working out, do the following.

1) Factory reset the device and start from scratch (set up google account and Play store first before doing anything)
2) There's an ICS update available for the device. Install it and before using, do a factory reset.

I had excessive battery drain after upgrading to ICS through OTA and factory resetting. I had to flash it through RSD to sort things out.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:30   #12746
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S Duos for my wife. Seems a great buy at Rs16,200. Comes with ICS out of the box with a promised upgrade to JB in the next few months. Initial experience is that it seems to be much better than my more expensive Xperia Sola in most aspects. Has design cues from the S3 and hence looks pretty good also.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:43   #12747
BHPian

Quote:
No, the information is wrong. Whether on GB or ICS, your boot loader is locked on Atrix 2 Motorola has not unlocked it. But, yes you can root on ICS. I am running a rooted Atrix2 on stock Indian ICS for past two months
Old 27th November 2012, 13:02   #12748
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need some guidance. I am getting a decent deal on LG Optimus 4X HD P880. AUS$ 360 incl GST & Delivery. How is this phone? is it really worth the price? specs seem good on paper. any users here?

thanks a lot.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:07   #12749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Guys,

Need some guidance. I am getting a decent deal on LG Optimus 4X HD P880. AUS$ 360 incl GST & Delivery. How is this phone? is it really worth the price? specs seem good on paper. any users here?

thanks a lot.
Mighty good, given the price you are paying for it.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:28   #12750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Mighty good, given the price you are paying for it.
2 Phones are on good X'mas deals here.

Sony Xperia Ion & LG Optimus 4X HD P880.

Both are on similar price range. But Sony i am not too keen as its a Dual Core & LG is a Quad core. seems more future proof.

Awaiting response guys.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed