Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 14:58   #27451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Note 8 users, any recommendations for a suitable case and tempered glass ? I need a case which has a cut-out for the fingerprint sensor, as it becomes easier to use with that. Most cases seem to be missing this cut-out.

Also, what screenguard/tempered glass do I use ? I've bought the gadgetshiledz full body cover for now. Most tempered glass seem to peel-off from the edges after a while is what i've read and the only option is some whitedome glass not available here
Posting based on my wife's Note 8.
Tempered Glass does not curve around and hence is a problem. I used this item from Amazon. Packing and tools was fabulous. Installation seemed iffy at first with loads of tiny bubbles. But in 3 days of using those bubbles go away and you are left with a smooth film protecting from and back. Doesn't hamper touch. Feels nice to the fingers and does not chip like glass. Provides edge to edge protection.

Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector , Elove Samsung Note 8 Full Body [HD Clear] [Front + Back] [Edge to Edge] TPU Screen Protector Film [Not Tempered Glass] for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B076HKVPJ5?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Cases. Most of them do have the cutout for fingerprint sensor as it's one big rectangular island that covers the 2 camera, flash, Spo2 sensor and finger print sensor. Try cases from StuffCool. Good quality and materials.
Old 29th June 2018, 21:54   #27452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Doesn't hamper touch. Feels nice to the fingers and does not chip like glass. Provides edge to edge protection.

Cases. Most of them do have the cutout for fingerprint sensor as it's one big rectangular island that covers the 2 camera, flash, Spo2 sensor and finger print sensor. Try cases from StuffCool. Good quality and materials.
Thanks for the link I did consider this but was put off by the reviews so decided to go with gadgetshieldz which I've had on all my previous phones. Most cases i saw (including stuffcool made ones) were missing the cutout and so decided to ask here. Spigen has a thin case that has the cutout so will probably get that
Old 30th June 2018, 00:05   #27453
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link I did consider this but was put off by the reviews so decided to go with gadgetshieldz which I've had on all my previous phones. Most cases i saw (including stuffcool made ones) were missing the cutout and so decided to ask here. Spigen has a thin case that has the cutout so will probably get that
I have used a StuffCool case and it very much has the cutout. I am not sure what you saw - but I can personally guarantee it has the cut out for the fingerprint reader in Samsung Note 8.
https://www.stuffcool.com/collection...+galaxy-note-8
Old 30th June 2018, 00:24   #27454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used a StuffCool case and it very much has the cutout. I am not sure what you saw - but I can personally guarantee it has the cut out for the fingerprint reader in Samsung Note 8.
Ok, I don't think I was very clear earlier. What I meant was, I don't want a case with a large rectangular cutout for camera,flash and fingerprint sensor but something which separates the fingerprint sensor from the camera so it reduces the accidental smudges and becomes easier to use, despite the awkward placement.
Old 30th June 2018, 10:04   #27455
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I don't think I was very clear earlier. What I meant was, I don't want a case with a large rectangular cutout for camera,flash and fingerprint sensor but something which separates the fingerprint sensor from the camera so it reduces the accidental smudges and becomes easier to use, despite the awkward placement.
Well, yes, you weren't. I now understand what you wish to have. But that's not possible because IMHO
1. It would hamper the functionality of the Spo2 sensor and at times the flash.
2. Such a thin line in any material would be prone to damage at the earliest.
That is my understanding. Or maybe cost for specific design like this goes up?

And yes, if you do find something in that design please do share. Would be interesting to see the execution and implementation.
Old 30th June 2018, 12:07   #27456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, if you do find something in that design please do share. Would be interesting to see the execution and implementation.
Well this is the only case I found , plan to try it once the gadgetshieldz skin peels off.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Skin-Ca...n+note+8&psc=1
Old 30th June 2018, 17:37   #27457
BANNED

Today I got an OTA update for my Samsung S8. It was big about 560MB but went through smoothly. It is still 8.0.0 and 9.0. However, the functioning seems smoother.
Old 30th June 2018, 18:42   #27458
BHPian

Quote:
Well this is the only case I found , plan to try it once the gadgetshieldz skin peels off.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Skin-Ca...n+note+8&psc=1
Thank you!

Spigen is always a safe bet.
Old 2nd July 2018, 19:52   #27459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Budget 10-15k. From posts here and seeing it in the shops, thinking Honor 9 lite. Could increase the budget: it is just that phones isn't something I really enjoy spending money on.

Help?
The 9 Lite is good for the asking price, especially the 3GB version. But I feel we deserve better than that. I used it for a few months, and gave up. The rear camera photos have washed out colors. Front is ok. Build isn't great - the outer frame is not finished well, and teh back glass is fragile. Thankfully, the box contains a simple but elegant plastic case that hides most of the ugly bits. Then, it is very slow to charge, spending more time with the charger than me.
Old 2nd July 2018, 22:38   #27460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The 9 Lite is good for the asking price, especially the 3GB version. But I feel we deserve better than that....
Just Googling for a phone along with root, roms, etc is an indication of what can be done and whether or not it will be difficult. The result of that has steered me towards the Mi 1A. If I hate the phone [software] there are a variety of roms.

Freedom! Choice! It's just good to have even if not needed in the end. So, as off yesterday, that's what I'm thinking about.
Old 3rd July 2018, 03:03   #27461
Senior - BHPian

My galaxy S8 has been lagging lately. Never faced such an issue with the OP3T that replaced the S8. The app opening is not just as fast as I wish I could have hoped.
Old 5th July 2018, 13:21   #27462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Yes, I wanted to you test by connecting your Honor 10 to your stock headunit and try playing Andriod Auto from your Headunit. Please test Google Maps from the headunit too.
Its working absolutely fine with a Maruti Swift, Hyundai Tucson's OE units.

Navigation works fine too.

But, few random calls are not connected when I swipe the green icon right to answer it. What could the issue be?
Old 6th July 2018, 18:23   #27463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its working absolutely fine with a Maruti Swift, Hyundai Tucson's OE units.

Navigation works fine too.

But, few random calls are not connected when I swipe the green icon right to answer it. What could the issue be?

Thanks for the update. How long did you use Google Maps?

The reason I'm asking is, in my case Google Maps and Android Auto freezes after 1 hr of driving.

I've to switch of the headunit completely, wait for 10-15 minutes and then connect my Honor 10 back to the headunit.

There are lot of discussions going on in Android Auto community about Huwaei and Honor phones compatibility issues.
Old 6th July 2018, 23:17   #27464
BHPian

I am waiting for the new Asuz Zenfone 5Z. Seems like a decent device with excellent specs, decent camera (would love the 120 degree wide angle), good audio features both for wired and wireless and decently prices for 128GB/256GB models compared to OP 6. I feel this seems like the perfect upgrade for my OP 3T. Will probably wait for 2-3 months once the device is released on 9th to see if the specs actually are good in real life!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2018 at 10:38. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th July 2018, 17:21   #27465
BANNED

Is there any way to buy Redmi Note 5 Pro via their flash sales?

Its virtually impossible to get hold of it online because everything will be over within 45 seconds. There are lots of Chrome/Firefox extensions available, but I'm not sure about them :-(

When it comes to flash sales, Amazon is way better than Flipkart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks