Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 10:55   #10111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Another question that i have - Anyone using car or air vent holders for Galaxy Note. Have seen couple of holders but the air vent holder looks good. Think this will cool the phone down but the brackets holding the phone looks really small and doubt whether it will hold the phone in place.

Experts please comment

Here's the link to the air vent holder.
Discount Car Vehicle Motor Air Vent Holder Mount for Samsung Galaxy Note [ch045 + ch035 Galaxy Note I9220]- US$5.99 - OBOstore.com
Old 16th July 2012, 15:27   #10112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Check again.
>>Done: Phone, Mobile Data, USB, Mass storage, Sensors

Radio/ GSM and other stuff is also working now..

Hurray...
I understand from the previous post that you are using defy / defy +.

Have you tried the "Quarx alpha ROM of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for Defy/+"?

Can you please share your experience here. Also it would be great if you could list down the Working & Non Working list here. It would be beneficial for many new rooters like me. I just got my defy+ running on CM9-NIGHTLY-120710-Defy+ last weekend. Is it worth jumping in to 4.1.1?

Thanks.

Regards,
Old 16th July 2012, 15:56   #10113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just got my defy+ running on CM9-NIGHTLY-120710-Defy+ last weekend. Is it worth jumping in to 4.1.1?
You can definitely jump to 4.1.1 and give it a try and then revert back if something is not working.

This is why sometimes android is fun. Changing different OS(Flavors) for the heck of it.

I was in CM9, Asylum, Panandroid, MIUI and CM9 back within the span of 2-4 hours.

If 4.1.1 has most of the basic functions icnluding mails, you should give it a shot. Jelly bean is supposed to be far smoother.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:25   #10114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
You can definitely jump to 4.1.1 and give it a try and then revert back if something is not working.

This is why sometimes android is fun. Changing different OS(Flavors) for the heck of it.

I was in CM9, Asylum, Panandroid, MIUI and CM9 back within the span of 2-4 hours.

If 4.1.1 has most of the basic functions icnluding mails, you should give it a shot. Jelly bean is supposed to be far smoother.
I almost jumped to 4.1.1 from the above mentioned link. But it turns out the Audio is still not working. So calls / Music etc is not yet working. Better off with CM9 for the time being.

Regards,
Old 16th July 2012, 20:20   #10115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Another question that i have - Anyone using car or air vent holders for Galaxy Note. Have seen couple of holders but the air vent holder looks good. Think this will cool the phone down but the brackets holding the phone looks really small and doubt whether it will hold the phone in place.

Experts please comment

Here's the link to the air vent holder.
Discount Car Vehicle Motor Air Vent Holder Mount for Samsung Galaxy Note [ch045 + ch035 Galaxy Note I9220]- US$5.99 - OBOstore.com
Naveen, are you planning on clipping the Note to a fragile AC vent? What if the vent breaks or something?

From what I saw in the pics, the thing looks heavy. Add the weight of the Note to that, and
Old 16th July 2012, 21:47   #10116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My suction mount came with an air vent attachment that was flimsier than the ones from your link and broke within a couple of days use. I don't really care because the phone used to get too cold for comfort. Cool temperatures affect battery plus I was worried about any condensation happening. So no air-vent holder for me.
Old 16th July 2012, 21:51   #10117
BHPian

Anyone knows of any deal on Galaxy Note? Or any coupons. I am planning to get one and dont think its worth 32k anymore.

Last edited by ethan3686 : 16th July 2012 at 21:52.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:54   #10118
Distinguished - BHPian

Moto upgraded the Razr and Razr Maxx to ICS 4.0.4 last week. Battery life has improved and the interface is a minor improvement.

Issues with WiFi have been sorted out and mobile radio performance has improved.

I am also experimenting with ROMs from other geographies. Currently running the EU one currently.

The best part of the Motorola phone is the Moto Smart Actions app, also present on GB 2.3.5/2.3.6 - it is an easy interface driven that helps you to configure your phone to switch radios on/off, changes profiles, activate alerts and other many other tasks automatically. Extremely easy to use and configure. This app has replaced both Llama and Tasker on my phone. Not sure if non Moto users can get it, but it is available for download on Google Play.

Last edited by R2D2 : 16th July 2012 at 22:56.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:57   #10119
BHPian

Now here's something good for people on low budget:

G'Five launches five Android smartphones starting at Rs. 6,999
Old 16th July 2012, 23:14   #10120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So this is real.. Samsung top end models do not give proper voice quality at the other end of the call. Every time these Samsung friends call, I find myself going to a quiet place with my other ear plugged with my finger Still it is difficult to decipher what they are saying.
Seems like some of the Galaxy S3 are plagued with this kind of mic issue (no surprise when it comes to Samsung :P ). Anyway, the remedy is seems to get a firmware update. If that also doesn't work then reset the phone to factory settings to get rid of this problem.
Old 16th July 2012, 23:41   #10121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s
Seems like some of the Galaxy S3 are plagued with this kind of mic issue (no surprise when it comes to Samsung :P ). Anyway, the remedy is seems to get a firmware update. If that also doesn't work then reset the phone to factory settings to get rid of this problem.
Ive tried this on my Note but without success. I dont want to move onto any other ROM as i need SPen functionality intact. So any solution for this? The issue resolves when using the earphones but i dont remember to carry it most of the times.
Old 16th July 2012, 23:52   #10122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive tried this on my Note but without success. I dont want to move onto any other ROM as i need SPen functionality intact.
You should try the Criselko Rom. Comes with S3 functions as well as all Note functions.

The Noise reduction is also realigned is what i feel. I think cirselko rom should be good with sound voice quality.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:11   #10123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Naveen, are you planning on clipping the Note to a fragile AC vent? What if the vent breaks or something?

From what I saw in the pics, the thing looks heavy. Add the weight of the Note to that, and
I made the move. It's under 400/- so thought I would give it a try. I know this wont last long but thought I would give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
My suction mount came with an air vent attachment that was flimsier than the ones from your link and broke within a couple of days use. I don't really care because the phone used to get too cold for comfort. Cool temperatures affect battery plus I was worried about any condensation happening. So no air-vent holder for me.
Thanks dude. Just giving it a try. I know something that's too hot or cold isnt good for the phone but wanted to give it a try.

Will update the thread after reviewing it for a couple of days. Expected delivery is 2+ weeks.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:48   #10124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Planning on getting the Galaxy Note. Where do i get the best deals online? Or if picking it up from Bangalore, which store gives the best price?
If possible, hold your purchase till the end of August as Note2 is rumoured to be declared then.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be revealed on August 30th
Old 17th July 2012, 16:52   #10125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
Anybody having problems while using Waze? My phone heats up a lot while using this even after 10 min.
My SE X PRO doesn't heat, but recently it is not showing or downloading map properly here in Mumbai. Just reported the matter. Seems it is not able to connect to network.
Google maps are shown properly but satellite not getting connected recently and hence not showing exact position but may be tower position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks