Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 17:03   #10126
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi All

From the time I bought note I am getting few problem which I am listing below

1.Contacts get hanged while saving a number.

2.When call is put on Speaker the volume is very low and the other person is also not able to hear me clearly.If I restart the phone ,speaker is loud and clear but after that if I goto normal mode the ear piece is loud and even if I adjust the volume to low its still loud.

I don’t know if this a problem with ICS because I used it with Ginger only for a week.

I took the phone to Samsung service a month back and they got software reinstalled but even after that the problem still exist.

Now where is the problem and what should I do?

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120619221501.png  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120628174423.png  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120619221304.png  

Old 17th July 2012, 17:15   #10127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I don’t know if this a problem with ICS because I used it with Ginger only for a week.

I took the phone to Samsung service a month back and they got software reinstalled but even after that the problem still exist.

Pics
I experienced this couple of times few weeks back but now nothing of that sort. But I do have problems while accessing the contacts. It's a bit slow to load. I feel it's due to the huge list of contacts (FB, google, phone, skype). I started experiencing this when I synced all social network contacts. If you have this, try not to sync all. Just give this a shot. Is there any way to downgrade to GB? I have never used GB since my phone came with ICS. Heard GB is more stable in Note according to some users. Hope they will release the next update soon. Seems to be more stable.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:16   #10128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I understand from the previous post that you are using defy / defy +.

Have you tried the "Quarx alpha ROM of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for Defy/+"?

Can you please share your experience here. Also it would be great if you could list down the Working & Non Working list here. It would be beneficial for many new rooters like me. I just got my defy+ running on CM9-NIGHTLY-120710-Defy+ last weekend. Is it worth jumping in to 4.1.1?

Thanks.

Regards,
Well, I am using 7.1.1 since last September and a change is overdue.
With the progress made last week, I think a beta should be out within next 30 days. At that point I might want to upgrade directly to JB and skip ICS altogether.

I am also waiting for Sygic 12.1 to be released for Android.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:25   #10129
Distinguished - BHPian

ICS on Galaxy Note:-

People residing in different countries have reported tons of issues with the Note once they have updated their handset, including a drop in both battery life and performance, applications that were not starting properly, camera issues, overheating problems and bugs regarding Bluetooth connectivity, just to name a few.

Fortunately, Samsung has finally acknowledged that the Android 4 update is not working as intended and they have taken measures.

Samsung announced that they are aware of the issue and that they are working on a fix. At the same time they have halted the distribution of the Samsung Galaxy Note Android 4 ICS OTA update, in order to prevent further devices from being affected.

The manufacturer also advises users who are experiencing issues with their updated Notes to contact technical support, hopefully in order to find a temporary workaround.

Samsung does not wish to roll-out the update in other regions as long as these severe bugs are not dealt with. To overcome this, they are trying to bring in the newer version soon. This will get rid of those pesky problems, and even throw in a couple of extra features to keep things interesting.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:24   #10130
Senior - BHPian

Was planning to replace my half broken and half dead Samsung Galaxy S (it keeps on hanging so I'm deciding to hang it myself now). Although I almost vowed not to touch anymore Samsung phones in my life, that new Galaxy S3 is looking very very tempting. I liked the HTC One X too but somehow I'm not comfortable of not being able to remove the battery (which I found to be a very important feature with my Galaxy S as many times only option I have is to remove battery as the phone just doesn't respond to anything else). And I'm sure after browsing thru the pros and cons of Samsung S3 that it is definitely a buggy phone as of now and I don't want to end with another lemon from Samsung. It's specs are amazing with all the great hardware (love that Super AMOLED screen) but the software/firmware by Samsung is something I really don't trust at all now. Not still sure what to do, I can still buy the phone and use a custom ROM instead but don't want to do that on a new phone . Any pointers would be helpful.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:43   #10131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I experienced this couple of times few weeks back but now nothing of that sort. But I do have problems while accessing the contacts. It's a bit slow to load. I feel it's due to the huge list of contacts (FB, google, phone, skype). I started experiencing this when I synced all social network contacts. If you have this, try not to sync all. Just give this a shot. Is there any way to downgrade to GB? I have never used GB since my phone came with ICS. Heard GB is more stable in Note according to some users. Hope they will release the next update soon. Seems to be more stable.
Yes, GB was faster and more stable than the ICS on Galaxy Note.
There are ways to go back to GB. But, I would recommend to stick with ICS for now.
To fix the slow loading contacts, install exDialer app from playstore. It's simply the best dialer available. And yes, it has the Swipe to call and sms feature as well.

PS: I'm planning to upgrade to 4.0.4 ( Samsung official German ROM ) today. Will keep you all updated on the performance improvement.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:59   #10132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy
Hi All

From the time I bought note I am getting few problem which I am listing below

1.Contacts get hanged while saving a number.

2.When call is put on Speaker the volume is very low and the other person is also not able to hear me clearly.If I restart the phone ,speaker is loud and clear but after that if I goto normal mode the ear piece is loud and even if I adjust the volume to low its still loud.

Pics
Revert to gb using odin. Do a factory reset and then flash the latest German 4.0.4. You need not root your phone for this. It should solve all issues.

Guys I had reverted to gb lc1 ROM after facing battery and wake lock issues with ics 4.0.3. Now I've flashed the German xxlrg and I'm super happy. Phone is fast, slick and has no battery or heating issues. There is a small lag sometimes but is negligible. I recommend you guys flash this.

Remember no wiping cache and data on ics as the stock kernel is suspected to have the brick bug.
Old 17th July 2012, 20:20   #10133
BHPian

Has anybody here purchased the Xolo X 900 yet? I am keen to get a review on world's first Intel based android. Also, between HTC and Samsung; who is ahead of the curve in android phones?
Old 17th July 2012, 21:28   #10134
BHPian

After using phones with a good battery life for the last 10 years (predominantly Nokia), I was waiting for a smartphone with a bigger battery. My current phone Nokia E51 seems to be going bad lately and I ended up ordering Motorola Razr Maxx (paid a little more than 27k). I hope I made the right decision.
Old 17th July 2012, 22:21   #10135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
don’t know if this a problem with ICS because I used it with Ginger only for a week.

I feel the factory reset has not happened. I would give factory reset a wack and retry. I say this because i almost switch one rom a day and i have faced the same issues.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:52   #10136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N

Well, I am using 7.1.1 since last September and a change is overdue.
With the progress made last week, I think a beta should be out within next 30 days. At that point I might want to upgrade directly to JB and skip ICS altogether.

I am also waiting for Sygic 12.1 to be released for Android.
Am too waiting for JB or a stable ICS release just for the sake of change. But as both of these are not out yet, Bored me got hold of Whiterabbit v1.6. (GB with ICS framework ) Flashed it few hours ago. Only thing better than MIUI is the speed. Apart from that I will still prefer MIUI based ROM for its simplicity.
May be too early to say, but I think the battery is depleting faster. I wiped battery cache, so will come to exact battery life after few days of usage.
Old 18th July 2012, 00:05   #10137
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my galaxy note firmware to 4.0.4 Samsung firmware (German release ) it does feel faster and more stable on initial use. :-)

Ps : I was on 4.0.3 earlier.
Old 18th July 2012, 00:37   #10138
BHPian

You should try out DXLR2 (Singapore Malaysia -- Use the Singapore open one). It is better than XXLRG.
Old 18th July 2012, 07:04   #10139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
You should try out DXLR2 (Singapore Malaysia -- Use the Singapore open one). It is better than XXLRG.
What's the specific difference with the Singapore variant ?

Also, after upgrading to 4.0.4 faced the battery drain issue. Rounded it on a google chrome bug. ( cpuspy and betterbatterystats helped me find out the root cause ). Applied the solution in xda-developers - View Single Post - Google Chrome - suspend_backoff kernel wakelock Hopefully, this should solve the issue. I'm going to sleep and test it again in another 6 hours.
Old 18th July 2012, 07:53   #10140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Was planning to replace my half broken and half dead Samsung Galaxy S (it keeps on hanging so I'm deciding to hang it myself now). Although I almost vowed not to touch anymore Samsung phones in my life, that new Galaxy S3 is looking very very tempting. I liked the HTC One X too but somehow I'm not comfortable of not being able to remove the battery (which I found to be a very important feature with my Galaxy S as many times only option I have is to remove battery as the phone just doesn't respond to anything else). And I'm sure after browsing thru the pros and cons of Samsung S3 that it is definitely a buggy phone as of now and I don't want to end with another lemon from Samsung. It's specs are amazing with all the great hardware (love that Super AMOLED screen) but the software/firmware by Samsung is something I really don't trust at all now. Not still sure what to do, I can still buy the phone and use a custom ROM instead but don't want to do that on a new phone . Any pointers would be helpful.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Galaxy S.

I have been using an SGS (Supoer AMOLED) for the last one year. Have faced no issues with it. Its still running on stock Gingerbread OS, and i have never felt need to mod/upgrade the OS. The GPS locks within seconds, most of the apps and games are compatible with this phone, the screen size is big enough for my needs and it hasn't given me any problem except for hanging just twice during this 1 year period.

The only issue i have is that Stupid Kies software. It does not update the firmware if you are using a USB dongle to access the internet. Strange.

If you dont mind, would you let me know did you handle your Galaxy S roughly or installed custom ROMs/third party software ?

Last edited by DCEite : 18th July 2012 at 07:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks