Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:58   #10216
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
I am in US and was planning to buy a handset for me, and luckily yesterday I saw the Google Galaxy Nexus in the hand of my colleague and within minutes I found myself entering my credit card details. I never knew that Google has released the galaxy nexus with 4.1, according to me the latest nexus was nexus S.
I got it for a mouth watering price of $391 including all the taxes and delivery charges from the Google play store. I am a blackberry user and this will be my first experience on a Anroid device and I am very happy that waited this long to buy my first Anroid device.
Congrats! Will it work in India though? Are you coming back to India any time soon or staying put in the US for a while? I am keen on the new Nexus but don't think it's available here in India.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:18   #10217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Congrats! Will it work in India though? Are you coming back to India any time soon or staying put in the US for a while? I am keen on the new Nexus but don't think it's available here in India.
Yes, it works in India. I am using it since last 8 days and the Jelly Bean + G.Nexus combo is flawless. Not even a single problem.

It came with ICS 4.0.2 and I updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Others are still playing/dreaming of ICS,

Galaxy Nexus is available in India but only in grey market (or ebay without bill & warranty) for 24-25k.
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:13   #10218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yes, it works in India. I am using it since last 8 days and the Jelly Bean + G.Nexus combo is flawless. Not even a single problem.

It came with ICS 4.0.2 and I updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Others are still playing/dreaming of ICS,

Galaxy Nexus is available in India but only in grey market (or ebay without bill & warranty) for 24-25k.
Great to hear its working out-of-the-box. How did you update to 4.1? OTA? And will Samsung honor your warranty here considering you bought it from US ?
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:23   #10219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice

Great to hear its working out-of-the-box. How did you update to 4.1? OTA? And will Samsung honor your warranty here considering you bought it from US ?
Jelly Bean is not available OTA in India (it is available in some countries) but official Jelly Bean Rom is available on XDA. I downloaded from there.

My phone was bought in Dubai and no warranty in India for Galaxy Nexus.

Raw Jelly Bean experience is very good after seeing HTC sense, Samsung TouchWiz.
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:36   #10220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattandip View Post
Please keep us informed of your SGS2, seems this sale is picking up and there are more people getting to know about it everyday. My personal experience with HS18 has been a favorable one till now but playing a volume game is a different thing altogether.
Yes, my earlier experience with them had been positive as well. I had ordered an Atrix-2 on one of this superdeals and the delivery was super fast. (Ordered it on a Friday afternoon and the consignment was handed over to the courier the same evening and I was mailed a Tracking number the next morning itself - it's another matter that the courier guy delivered it only by late afternoon on Monday, but still a pretty quick turnaround time).
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:32   #10221
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have shortlisted Sony Xperia U and HTC one V.

Sony XPERIA U –
Processor – 1GHz
OS – Android 2.3
Camera – 5MP
Memory –4GB nonexpandable
Screen- 3.5
Price- 16500

HTC One V
Processor – 1GHz
OS – Android 4
Camera – 5MP
Memory –4GB Expandable
Screen- 3.7
Price- 18500

Price source is flipkart. Please tell me which one of the two will be best for me.

My requirements -
Quote:
Usage includes EMAIL/INTERNET/MUSIC/PHOTOS/MOVIES etc. I expect new phone to have excellent battery life/reliability/snob value.Should be a latest model as I will be using this one for at least next three years
HTC has integrated battery - how this will be replaced when the stock one dies out. Also what is the real market price of these phones. I will be buying them from local stores like 'HotSpot'.
Old 22nd July 2012, 15:18   #10222
BHPian

^^ When the battery on HTC ONE V dies out you will have to take it to the service center to get the battery changed. In between the above two mentioned I will go with HTC One V as overall it is better package. It has better build quality and ICS out of the box.
Old 22nd July 2012, 16:31   #10223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys I have shortlisted Sony Xperia U and HTC one V.

Sony XPERIA U –
Processor – 1GHz
OS – Android 2.3
Camera – 5MP
Memory –4GB nonexpandable
Screen- 3.5
Price- 16500

HTC One V
Processor – 1GHz
OS – Android 4
Camera – 5MP
Memory –4GB Expandable
Screen- 3.7
Price- 18500

Price source is flipkart. Please tell me which one of the two will be best for me.

My requirements -

HTC has integrated battery - how this will be replaced when the stock one dies out. Also what is the real market price of these phones. I will be buying them from local stores like 'HotSpot'.

If you have budget near 18k & fine with 3.5" display, then suggest you to consider SONY Xperia GO, as it got 1 Ghz Dual core processor, mali 400 GPU along with tough & water proof build with wet finger tracking
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:28   #10224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
If you have budget near 18k & fine with 3.5" display, then suggest you to consider SONY Xperia GO, as it got 1 Ghz Dual core processor, mali 400 GPU along with tough & water proof build with wet finger tracking
I vote for Xperia Go. There is a nice video testing it's abilities.

Old 22nd July 2012, 17:33   #10225
BANNED

Quote:
Great to hear that. Do you have any idea of shops where this phone is available (either Mumbai or Hyderabad). I want to buy this phone.

EDIT: Oops. I did back to back post. Mods, please forgive and merge this with above post. Thanks.

Last edited by ottocycle : 22nd July 2012 at 17:35.
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:41   #10226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Great to hear that. Do you have any idea of shops where this phone is available (either Mumbai or Hyderabad).
I heard it is available in Alfa (Mumbai) and Gaffar Market (Delhi).
Old 22nd July 2012, 19:10   #10227
BHPian

Quote:
I heard it is available in Alfa (Mumbai) and Gaffar Market (Delhi).
Is your Google Nexus manufactured by Samsung or HTC?
Old 22nd July 2012, 19:15   #10228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor

Google nexus one was manufactured by htc. Rest all the nexuses have been by Samsung.
Old 22nd July 2012, 19:16   #10229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor

Google Galaxy Nexus is manufactured by Samsung. The model is i9250.

Earlier, Google Nexus One was manufactured by HTC and Google Nexus S was manufactured by Samsung.
Old 22nd July 2012, 19:37   #10230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
If this: Xperia is the phone you are talking about, the screen resolution is POOR, just 480X320 pixels, where all others in this price bracket have atleast 800X480 pixel resolution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks