Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 11:05   #9466
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
I am sorry everyone for not sharing the link. Yes its the same site which was mentioned my Prateek.

I had bought my SGS2 a week before it was officially launched in India, but I don't recollect the dates.

I just hope Suleka guys don't mess up the shipping and don't take long time for delivery.
Hi All,

Wanted your suggestion, I have alredy booked my SGS3 on sulekha for 34999/- but I am not sure of the delivery date and in few places I have also read that Sulekha had cancelled orders siting the reason of non availability of stock. Now one of my friend is ready to give me this on his dealer price of 36990/-. Should I go with my friends offer or should i wait for suleka to deliver this beauty to me. They had told me delivery would be done max by 18th june, but mostly will be earlier than that.

Rgds,

Shammi
Old 5th June 2012, 11:17   #9467
BHPian

Updated my SGS II to ICS finally. The phone feels a lot snappier. The new Touchwiz looks decent and everything runs quite well now. Didn't realize that Gingerbread had a little lag till I got the ICS update . Have installed Nova Launcher now and the phone feels like a completely new phone. The battery life also seems to have improved a little ( although I didn't have any problem with the GB battery life either ).
Old 5th June 2012, 11:24   #9468
Team-BHP Support

Anybody installed the SGS III touchwiz 5 on the note? Saw couple of threads on XDA, but it seems not many people are using it right now.
The mod works with Samsung based roms only, since I am on stock ICS(rooted), it should work, but do not want to take the plunge without getting enough user feedback.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:01   #9469
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry everyone for not sharing the link. Yes its the same site which was mentioned my Prateek.

I had bought my SGS2 a week before it was officially launched in India, but I don't recollect the dates.

I just hope Suleka guys don't mess up the shipping and don't take long time for delivery.
Gadgetfreak even i gotta S2 which i would love to move to the S3. You ordered the phone online right, how did you get your phone bought back then? Here in Mumbai when you exchange your phone they give a discount on the new one & don't pay back just the cash
Old 5th June 2012, 12:03   #9470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Gadgetfreak even i gotta S2 which i would love to move to the S3. You ordered the phone online right, how did you get your phone bought back then? Here in Mumbai when you exchange your phone they give a discount on the new one & don't pay back just the cash
Avinash,

I am not selling my old phone to Sulekha, It is being bought by a regular shop guy, Avg cost of 2nd hand S2 is between 15k to 18k depending on the condition.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:10   #9471
BHPian

Quote:
Avinash,

I am not selling my old phone to Sulekha, It is being bought by a regular shop guy, Avg cost of 2nd hand S2 is between 15k to 18k depending on the condition.
& he's paying you back in cash? That's great.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:10   #9472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avinash,

Yeah that's what I was looking would love to pick up 6month old S2 at above said price range from any of the members who are upgrading to the S3.

EDIT: Please post such phones on the TBHP classifieds

Last edited by F150 : 5th June 2012 at 12:22.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:13   #9473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yeah that's what I was looking would love to pick up 6month old S2 at above said price range from any of the members who are upgrading to the S3.

F150, Mine is a heavily modified S2 with checkrom GB , have not installed ICS till now and I am also giving my extra 2100mah battery which I had ordered for SGS2.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:28   #9474
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats NFS,

I am planning to buy in a day or two, what price did you buy it at? The guy from whom I buy is ready to buy back my S2 @ 18.5k approx.
Thanks. I do not know how old is ur S2, but I got 20K for my new S2.

To all prospective buyers of S3. My initial impressions and feedback.

The Good:
1. The phone is good in terms of design, layout of apps etc.
2. Extremely light to handle
3. Awesome screen
4. Lovlely camera, video etc..
5. The phone is zippy and fast and no issues w.r.t to multi tasking etc.

The NOT so Good:
1. The back cover is extremely flimsy..feels like it will break any moment, but am assuming it will not.
2. There is definitely a battery heat up issue which am feeling. The phone feels hot unnecessarily...Did not experience this on my S2 or S.
3. Battery Life: Am on 3G. My phone was fully charged up today morning and now by noon its at 65%. I did a bit of browsing, chatting, email and played a game as well. Battery might not last more than 8-10 hours on one charge.
4. Would definitely need a good back cover with some grip so that the phone doesn't slip out of the hand.

These are the initial impressions. Request others to post their feedback as well.
Old 5th June 2012, 13:21   #9475
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy Note 2 rumored to be announced in October (with a 5.5 inch screen this time):

A 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2 allegedly scheduled for October 2012 - GSMArena.com news

Quote:
Should I go with my friends offer or should i wait for suleka to deliver this beauty to me. They had told me delivery would be done max by 18th june, but mostly will be earlier than that.
I suppose Sulekha has a money back guarantee if are not able to ship by 20th. I guess it will be better to wait a bit, as you can save on 2k.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 5th June 2012 at 13:27.
Old 5th June 2012, 14:03   #9476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Updated my SGS II to ICS finally. The phone feels a lot snappier. The new Touchwiz looks decent and everything runs quite well now. Didn't realize that Gingerbread had a little lag till I got the ICS update . Have installed Nova Launcher now and the phone feels like a completely new phone. The battery life also seems to have improved a little ( although I didn't have any problem with the GB battery life either ).
Care to share how did you manage to do it.I have tried so many times and this Kies will not let me update it.Everytime it says,firmware upgrade has stopped working and then it stops working.I'm fed up,literally.
Old 5th June 2012, 14:27   #9477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Care to share how did you manage to do it.I have tried so many times and this Kies will not let me update it.Everytime it says,firmware upgrade has stopped working and then it stops working.I'm fed up,literally.
No worries.

Go here SamMobile Firmware Page

Take a back up on KIES of your contacts.

Register and download the firmware for INDIA.

The version for INDIA is

GT-I9100 I9100XWLP7 Android 4.0.3 2012 April I9100ODDLP9 India

Now download ODIN3 from the same website under flash programs tab.

Flash the firmware using ODIN following the instructions under flash guide tab.

Ta da, you will have ICS 4.0.3.

Do a factory reset, format the internal SD card ( Not really required )

Restore your backup after the upgrade.

NOTE: All apps have to be re-installed. Phone will be completely clean

I have made such an useful post but you cannot thank me coz this thread comes under shifting gears.

Last edited by F150 : 5th June 2012 at 14:31.
Old 5th June 2012, 14:46   #9478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Galaxy Note 2 rumored to be announced in October (with a 5.5 inch screen this time):

A 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2 allegedly scheduled for October 2012 - GSMArena.com news

I suppose Sulekha has a money back guarantee if are not able to ship by 20th. I guess it will be better to wait a bit, as you can save on 2k.
I was just thinking is 12 days wait worth 2k. I pay 2k more today and I get that phone in my hand.

I want guru's to guess, what range will this phone price fall to and settle for sometime, S2 was more or less near 27.5k.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:02   #9479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Finally. I always thought Note was too small for a Tablet. This should make it more practical.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:21   #9480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Care to share how did you manage to do it.I have tried so many times and this Kies will not let me update it.Every time it says,firmware upgrade has stopped working and then it stops working.I'm fed up,literally.
I had the same problem when I was trying to upgrade from my home connection ( the connection speed had dropped to 256 KBPS after I crossed my download limit ). I tried the same from my office and it was a breeze. No problems at all and the upgrade didn't took around 5 min.
So I suggest you try from a good internet connection and the phone has more than 50% charge. Just connect the USB cable and open up KIES. Also, the Samsung servers are probably overloaded now from everyone trying to upgrade, so you should probably try during off peak hours.

Or use the method mentioned by F150 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks